main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who here is going to play star wars galaxies?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth_Koronus, Sep 30, 2002.

?

Who here is going to play star wars galaxies?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Yes

64.9%
  2. No

29.7%
  3. Never heard of it

5.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    When does it come out by the way?

2. Nai

Nai Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    The devs are saying December or February, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it gets pushed back a few months later than that.

3. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Yes...probably. It partly depends on how much the monthly fees will actually be.

4. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    It will be my first venture into paying to play. I really don't mind the idea at all, it's just that nothing before has sparked my interest. When Everquest came out I was deeply into MUSHing so I didn't need another addiction. I did the beta test for E&B and while it was a pretty decent game, it really didn't feel like it would open up to a lot of interaction with other people. People would just invite others at random, people wouldn't do things together... and that wasn't a software problem, I think it was just an aspect of how people were and the game environment. Even if FFXI hits the US, I am not sure I'll play it. It seems to take away everything I love about Final Fantasy (plus I can't seem to get my PS2 network adaptor to work with Roadrunner). But I've always wanted to walk around in the Star Wars galaxy, so I think I will play it.

5. Dragar

Dragar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2002
    I'll be switching from DAOC to Galaxies whenever it comes out.

6. Nai

Nai Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I know how you feel about Final Fantasy XI. I've played every single Final Fantasy game to date, but XI will be the first one I won't play. One thing I love about Final Fantasy games is being able to pop them into a console years after beating them and have a blast playing them through again. You just can't do that with FFXI, or any online game for that matter. You buy the box and the software, but unless you're paying the monthly fee, it's absolutely worthless. I hope SWG at least has some offline exploration feature. Actually, Everquest had one, but it involved hacking the tutorial program...

7. Guirun_Karyyk

Guirun_Karyyk Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2002
    Yes. At this point the only question is for which platform. Currently, my PC isn't quite up to snuff, though I'm building a new one with gaming in mind. That being said, I just like being able to lounge around while I play my games, so I might go with the PS2. It all depends ;)

I have to admit the idea of becoming a bounty hunter and being able to collect bounties on players that have stepped outside of the realm of good gaming etiquette is VERY intriguing. Throw in the future promise of the space expansion (can't wait to customize my own Corellian freighter), and you have a game that's just going to get better with time. The monthly fee will be well worth it...provided I can find the time. I'm going to be getting married right around the time Galaxies becomes available :-\

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.