main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who here is in favor of a Kyp Durron novel?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by NarundiJedi, Oct 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Ok, so we've determined that even the "Kyp-haters" find Kyp important to the entire NJO in terms of keeping it interesting. So, who here would find it a good idea if they made a Kyp book to the NJO series? It's ok to disagree, for sure. That's what message boards are made of. At least good message boards ;)

Jae Angel

2. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Well, I don't think it would be a good idea.

3. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Why not? You have to be more specific than that!! I mean, part of the reason why the NJO is so interesting is because of the rift between the jedi caused by the differences between Kyp and his followers and Luke and his. If you think it would be the same without Kyp, then please enlighten me.

Jae Angel

4. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    YEAH! Give us the other side of the story!

5. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    It's too late to give him his own novel all to himself, but I wouldn't mind if he was one of the mains in a forthcoming novel.

Actually, I think he'll be a main in book 5, but as a villain. But that's just me. :D

6. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    No way. I just couldn't sit down and read a whole book about Kyp.

Actually, that's not fair. I wouldn't want to deprive his fans of what could potentially be their favorite NJO novel (assuming he didn't die, which nowadays isn't such a safe assumption). So as long as I didn't have to read it to stay on top of the NJO continuity, go for it.

7. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    JediStryker, what if Kevin J Anderson wrote the book about Kyp? I bet then that Kyp would not be a jerk and you might be able to stomach him for an entire novel. Just a random thought. I however don't think this is a good idea. I think the eu has seen enough books written by KJA that show Kyp as a good guy, and I wouldn't necessarily consider such a book to be my favorite NJO novel. The NJO is good because it's dark and not everybody is all "Oh, I love you guys, lets sit around a campfire and sing songs". If there is too much sugar-coated stuff it makes me sick to my stomach :p I personally believe that Dark Journey will feature both Kyp and Jaina. If it does then we're all in for quite a ride, I'm sure!! :D Yay for the NJO!!!

Jae Angel

8. Durron001

Durron001 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2001
    Go for it man! I'd love to see a book about Kyp!

9. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Actually my first response to your question was ?not me?. That was a fast response that I didn?t think through before I said it, so I came up with what I put, because I couldn?t think of anything better at the time. The reason why I wouldn?t like a Kyp book is because I would be afraid of how it would portray Kyp. I don?t like Kyp and I don?t agree with his philosophy, and I would have a hard time reading a book that had nothing but him and his philosophy in it. I would also be too scared that they might actually have him and Jaina get together, and I couldn?t think of anything worse happening in the GFFA. The Vong may come and take over the galaxy, but as long a Jaina and Kyp don?t get together, I?ll be able to enjoy reading the NJO.

10. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    no way,a book from jagged fels point of view.

11. Durron001

Aug 15, 2001
    Jag Fell is a fool who can only contort a a cockpit's stick in a variety of positions. Kyp would destroy him in seconds.

12. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Maybe after the NJO they could write one about him as a Jedi Master.

13. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Yuck, I hate Kyp, so no.

14. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    I like Kyp, but no cause it doesn't fit into the plot line.

15. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    "The Vong may come and take over the galaxy, but as long a Jaina and Kyp don?t get together, I?ll be able to enjoy reading the NJO."

Well, for your sake I hope that they do the same thing with the Kyp and Jaina plot as they did with the Jaina and Jag plot, and forget about it. I personally wouldn't mind either way. Part of me wants to see what they can do with those two, but the other part of me says "man, if that happens then there will be a lot of angry people in the forums!". In my fanfics I have a totally different character in mind for Jaina, and I made him up. Hopefully the writers will forget Kyp and forget Jag and go for the third party candidate. Or maybe Jaina will become an independent womyn who doesn't need any man to keep her going. It would be hilarious to see HER use KYP for a change!!! Go Jaina!!!!

Jae Angel

16. Durron001

Aug 15, 2001
    Nobody can use Kyp. You would have to be more skilled at manipulation than him and I don't think anybody in the NJO is that talented..maybe the emperor, but Jaina is laughable, all she can do is get Anakin to fight her and Jacen's fights for them.

17. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    doubt Kyp would mind being used by her :)

18. Durron001

Aug 15, 2001
    heh RF that was pretty funny. Kyp might humor jaina, you never know. Kyp can be the teacher's pet and Jaina can be the twisted teacher!

19. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    No Durron, what I said sorta had sexual undertones to it. I meant her using him in ways that range from playing with his emotions to flat-out sleeping with him and then leaving right after. Remember, if she's in fact going to be a darksider, she's bound to do some twisted things.
    I don't believe that she could use Kyp in other ways, but she could use her good looks (as seen on the cover of Dark Journey) to manipulate him in that way. I know a whole lot of people would cringe if that ever happened, and I'm probably scarring some of you for life with my speaking of it, but it is a possibility ;)

Jae Angel

PS- If they ever did "get together" I think it would be because both of them were manipulating each other at the same time. Or Kyp would think he was manipulating Jaina when in reality. . . ;)

20. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    If a kyp novel was made, I'd buy multiple copies just to up the sales figures in anticipation of a sequel.

21. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    Isn't he going to star in the Force Heretic trilogy by Shane Dix & Sean Williams? I thought it was going to be Anakin but... uh... well... isn't Kyp the logical choice for books with a title like "Force Heretic"?

22. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    suncrusher, lets us two make it a bestseller :)

23. Muke_Skywalker

Muke_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2000
    Hell YES there should be a Kyp Durron novel. Right now Kyp is the only Jedi besides Anakin Solo that I truly respect unreservedly. But the problem with Kyp is that his character is woefully undeveloped.

We get to see Kyp talk about why he is doing the things he does but we never get to see into his thoughts and feelings, we rarely get to see him act at all, just hear people talking about what he did.

Kyp is an awesome character, a great Jedi Knight and is really the Han Solo of NJO, but we just dont know what makes him tick any more and thats a cryin' shame.

Lets get a Kyp Durron trilogy or one shot novel whichever!

Kyp is the only guy doing what I think should be done.

24. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Nobody knows what Force Heretic is about yet. Well I guess the authors, and LFL, and DelRey do. But it could just as likely be about baby Ben (Ok, maybe not) as Kyp from what we know at this point.

And I really pray it won't be about Kyp. The Kyp/Jaina pairing is awful awful awful and must never happen. I prefer Jag for her but I'd take even Zekk over Kyp.

25. Muke_Skywalker

Muke_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2000
    I read a story once where Kyp and Jaina do it and Jaina was the aggressor. I think of the story and I think of you guys and I smile. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.