main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who here is in favor of a Kyp Durron novel?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by NarundiJedi, Oct 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    that would be horrable book.

2. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Let KJA write a new Kyp novel all about the events of "I,Jedi" where Kyp is ret-conned to actually the main hero of those events. It wouldn't have to be in 1st-person, however. :D

3. Muke_Skywalker

Muke_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2000
    It seems to me that you anti-Kyp Novel guys just seem to be afraid of hearing Kyps side of the story and are content just to hate him and claim it wouldnt fit into the NJO storyline. The weird thing is that Kyp has been essential to the storyline since the first book.

4. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    yeah, most people would rather the SOlo kids saved the day again, while Luke stayed at home. Yipee.

Stuff that! Give us the real Jedi! Go Kyp!

5. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Ok Muke, so where is this story where Jaina is the agressor? I have a HUGE desire to read it and laugh right along with you while thinking of what the people in this forum would think ;) Just kidding! But seriously, tell me where I can find that story!

Jae Angel

PS- All this talk about Jaina using Kyp is making me want to write my own version of the story, even though I don't really want them to get together! Haha!!!

6. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    "I read a story once where Kyp and Jaina do it and Jaina was the aggressor. I think of the story and I think of you guys and I smile."

Lol. But in all seriousness, Jaina deserves better than a guy who lied to her and used her. In fact I don't even want to see her with any of the Jedi, maybe that's why I like Jag so much?

7. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Well, I'm with you Reaper Fett and Suncrusher, I would definitely make sure that the Kyp book would be a best seller! Hmmmm, as for Force Heretic being a Kyp book, I think that would be more along the lines of Jacen, seeing that he sometimes doubts he should use the force. Still, we can hope that they bring Kyp out into the spotlight. I just hope that if they really get into character development in one book they don't kill him off in the next. That would be a waste of a really good character!

Jae Angel

8. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Rebecca...
    "Lol. But in all seriousness, Jaina deserves better than a guy who lied to her and used her."

While technically true, Jaina isn't at the point in her life where she would want a poor nice guy with a good personality. I think Jaina is after a bad boy person all the way. She may deserve a nice, decent guy - but what she really wants is a guy who's going to lie to her, use her and toss her away. You know it's true. :D

9. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    ?I think Jaina is after a bad boy person all the way.?

I think Zekk fits that description. He went to the Dark Side and came back. He spent a week or two as a bounty hunter. The guy doesn?t have to be a jerk to be a ?bad boy?.

10. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    At this point Jaina may want to use a guy, she's hurting, but what she really needs is someone who can be loving and supportive. Which isn't Kyp.

11. Muke_Skywalker

Muke_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2000
    Jaina deserves better than a guy who lied to her and used her? What makes Jaina Solo better than 90% of the women in the real world?

12. Quiwan

Quiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Probably be the best book in the NJO. A book about a Jedi who actually acts like a Jedi.

13. JediJSolo

Jun 11, 2001
    ?Jaina deserves better than a guy who lied to her and used her? What makes Jaina Solo better than 90% of the women in the real world??

All women deserve better than that. What are you talking about, Muke.

14. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Heh, I guess all men are selfish jerks who lie and use people! I'M JUST KIDDING!!!!! That was just a biased comment cuz I'm a woman. But in reality there are very few guys out there that won't lie to you or use you at least once. Ah men. gotta love em!

Jae Angel

15. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Oh, and Muke, where can I find that story? Puh-leeze tell me because I need a laugh after a long day of engineering and comp sci garbage!!! :p

Jae Angel

16. Durron001

Durron001 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2001
    Not everyone in this galaxy cares about what Jaina deserves. I say screw her. Who does she think she is anyway? Kyp should trample over her more to give her some humility. Jaina thinks that since she is a solo the whole galaxy should kiss her feet. No offense to Han Solo who I think is very cool, but he did not turn the tide in the fight against the empire, in fact he almost did Jack Diddly Fart. NO matter what anybody thinks it was Luke that WAS the alliance. The rest of the rebellions men and women were just bantha fodder used to block stormtrooper blasters etc. So I'd like to see a Kyp book where we see the real guy under the angry eyes. Maybe he can whup Jaina's but in it too.

17. JediJSolo

Jun 11, 2001
    ?But in reality there are very few guys out there that won't lie to you or use you at least once.?

NarundiJedi, that is either very depressing, or you just have a very different idea of what ?being used? means, in comparison the what I think it means. Personally, I do not act like that, and if I found out that one of my friends did, I would disassociate myself from them as soon as I could.

Durron001: ?Not everyone in this galaxy cares about what Jaina deserves.?

We aren?t talking about everyone in the galaxy, just Kyp and Jaina.

Durran001: ?I say screw her.?

I say, good luck with that, but I think your going to find that it?s kind of difficult to do that to a person that doesn?t exist?

Durran001: ?Who does she think she is anyway??

She thinks she is Jaina Solo, daughter of the former chief of state and the most well know Corellian (sp?) in the galaxy, niece of the legendary Jedi Master Luke Skywalker, and the youngest member of Rouge Squadron. She played a pivotal role in the destruction of the second Imperium (sp?), the Diversity Alliance, and the resurrected Black Sun organization. She is a Jedi who is the best fighter pilot of her generation. I think she has sufficient credentials to warrant a great deal of respect that Kyp refuses to show her.

Durran001: ?Kyp should trample over her more to give her some humility.?

Why does she need to learn a lesson in humility?

Durran001: ?Jaina thinks that since she is a solo the whole galaxy should kiss her feet.?

I don?t recall that ever being said in one of the books?

Durran001: ?No offense to Han Solo who I think is very cool, but he did not turn the tide in the fight against the empire, in fact he almost did Jack Diddly Fart.?

If Han Solo wasn?t there to shoot Darth Vader off of Luke?s back at the first Death Star, Luke would have died right there and with him the rest of the rebellion. If Han had not destroyed the shield generator for the second Death Star, that rebellion would not have succeeded there either. Han Solo did much more after that, but I suppose you would rather forget about his contributions to the Rebellion, so I won?t mention them.

Durran001: ?NO matter what anybody thinks it was Luke that WAS the alliance.?

Luke didn?t kill the Emperor or destroy the second Death Star. Those two things happening where the most important to the destruction of the Empire and Luke didn?t do either of them.

Durran001: ?The rest of the rebellions men and women were just bantha fodder used to block stormtrooper blasters etc.?

Without the men and women of the Rebellion there would have been no rebellion.

18. LordMoltar

LordMoltar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2001
    Without hesitation, I am in total favor for a Kyp Durron novel. And while we're at it, a Mara Jade solo novel, and I'm still hoping for some Darth Vader novels as well.

19. LtSticks

LtSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    He's not important enough to have a novel about him. I mean, hes arrogant enough to think he is, but all he does is swan around with his lightsaber acting all tough.. no thanks i dont think ill buy that one .

20. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    not important enough? NOT IMPORTANT ENOUGH? Wake up and smell the caf! Hes like Jedi #2 for importance! Just because Del Ray thinks we only want to read about the Solos and Skywalkers, doesnt mean he isnt important.

ANd Rebecca, PROVE he cant be caring. He seemed so in Simple Tricks, thus meaning there is lit backup disagreeing with you :)

21. Senator Lorena

Senator Lorena Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2000
    I would read a novel about Kyp. His perspective could be interesting. Readers seem to like him, hate him, or love to hate him.

22. Draco_Starcloud

Draco_Starcloud Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 25, 2001
    I would enjoy reading a Kyp Durron version of I, Jedi. That, and a book where TIE Defenders appear again! Two book appearences aren't enough to whet my appetite for the most powerful starfighter in the universe!

23. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I don't know about re-doing I,Jedi from Kyp's point of view. I think the JAT days have been done enough times with both KJA's and Stackpole's novels. We did see it from Kyp's point of view, and that was with Kevin J Anderson! I,Jedi was supposed to give an opposing view to Anderson's through the skeptical eyes of ex-CorSec agent Corran Horn. Don't get me wrong, I loved both the JAT and I,Jedi, but if there's going to be a Kyp book I think it should be set either during the NJO, after the NJO, or somewhere in between Leviathan and the NJO so we could understand what the heck made Kyp go from being a caring individual to a total jerk. Cuz I sure would like to know!

Jae Angel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.