main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania Who here is single?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by The Gatherer, Oct 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    prove me wrong.

EDIT: Not coming on to you or nuthin' - Just want case studies, field notes, photos... an amusing story would suffice.

2. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    i agree with kahli

3. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Ok, but I remind you that you asked for this.

Many guys could also claim that women (being general) are a waste of time also, and as one of my friends, Darth Soup, put it to me in the past, "If anyone has a right to swear off women claiming they're all deceitful cows, it's you dude, noone would blame you."
    I'm not going to go into details of every relationship I've had, suffice it to say that every single woman I've gone out with has cheated on me at some time or another.
    The most recent 2 events are by far the worst.
    First off, I used to be married, happily I thought, then my work required me to relocate to Brisbane, and then to East Timor, I was gone for 18 months.
    While I was near the end of my tour, I fell down a small cliff, and required surgery to put my shoulder back together.
    My then wife let me come home, buy her a new car, loungsuite, computer and a few other things, waited until I had gone in for my reconstruction surgery, denying me the use of my right arm for 3 months, before she informed me she had met a guy over the net while I was gone.
    This left me with nowhere to live, in constant pain and unable to even dress myself, her timing was designed to cause maximum damage and shame to me, and she did her utmost best to try and make me top myself.
    Anyway, To cut to the next serious relationship I was in,(and to skip past a lot of other crap) I met a girl in a club I used to frequent.
    One thing led to another, and she wound up moving in with me.
    Now, when you meet someone, it's nice to be upfront with them.
    The fact she was into pain, I could handle, the fact she was a witch, I could handle, the fact she was Bi, I could definitely handle...

But I do think it's a bit much to keep from someone that you're engaged to someone else on the other side of the planet that you met, you guessed it, on the internet.

And to add to her crimes, she never told this guy she was shacking up with me either, I found out later she was "promised" to this guy or something from the age of 13, she's now 20, he's 45.
    But I have never seen such an act of deceit by a single person, she had me really convinced I meant something to her, and she had the other guy convinced she was living with her mother, and being a good little girl.
    Even now, I get this guy coming into these forums in various sock puppet form trying to bait me, depsite the fact I never even knew of his existence, and he still harrasses ppl I used to live with every now & then, but that's a different story that I'm sure is well documented over in the mod-squad boards.

Anyway, thats just an example of 2 of the worst things that I have suffered at the hands of the opposite sex, now I got told by a lot of my friends that they would totally understand if I went to a monastery and became a monk, but I didn't do that.

Instead, I realised that well, stuff happens, and you can't just lock yourself away in a cupboard and just hide from life.
    I guess what I'm saying is that comments like "All men are jerks" and "All women are cows" aren't really fair on anyone, there's good & bad in both sexes, unfortunately the ones on both sides who take advantage are the ones that leave the bigger mark on our lives, and often it's the bad experiences that overshadow the good ones in our lives, so thats what we remember.

If I hadn't decided to just cast aside any preconceptions I had about women, and the pain that some of them can cause, I wouldn't now be in a relationship with the most incredible lady I've ever known, I would have passed up that oppurtunity for something much deeper than "just a casual fling" when it came along.
    And now I can't imagine ever being happier :)

Don't give up and assume that all members of the opposite sex aren't worth your time, a great many of them are, one day you'll get lucky and sort the wheat from the chaff ;)

Oh, and btw, The lady I'm with now (and plan to be with from this day forward) is Sith Gecko, guess where we met? ;)

EDIT: Makin' it more PG for the masses.. [face_plain]

And thanks Keyhler, we're very glad to

4. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    *hugs SM*

Glad you and Gecko found each other :)

5. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Um..... Yeah.

6. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    That was very indepth and a worthwhile contribution to this discussion Greyls.

7. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    That's about the depth of his intellect, from the rumours I've been hearing. :p

8. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Ha! You don't know the half it.

9. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Y'know, from what I see of the guys in QLD, it's no wonder the women choose to be single...

10. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
  11. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Now that's an unfiar statement.

12. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Prove me wrong ;)

13. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Well I know of at least 50 other couples that are married and happy to boot. Hell that goes for my brother, he and is other just had twins, boy and a girl. :D

So, there :p

14. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    I read your whole post, and that stuff really does suck :(. But, to be perfectly honest, that sort of stuff wasn't what I was talking about. I just mean the way guys just don't seem to want to make an effort... to do anything. I guess I have to tread careful here but I just don't see any guys out there with will and courage. Maybe thats a little harsh, I don't know. And I guess it depends on what you mean by will and courage. I just want to find a fella who can grab life by the proverbials.

(and then fek off to his mates place for a while and give me some damn peace and quiet :mad: !!!)

And dammit! I'm staying single til I find one!!!!

Probably said more than I should have <shrug> :p

15. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    *Ignores the buffoon*

Anyway Kahli, I agree that ppl who are willing to work in a relationship are few & far between, but they are out there, and I guess I was just making the point that we can sometimes let the bad experiences with ppl who are in it only to use you cloud our judgement on the entire opposite sex.

That's all :)

16. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    <...waits for JP to start a thread "Who here is willing to work at a relationship?">

Okay, SM, I will take your word for it.

<sits back, waits.... taps foot....>

17. Pigalek

Pigalek Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2001
    *hugs kahli*

There will be someone out there just for now don't let all your bad experience cloud your being so that you miss out on something truely special when it comes your way

18. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    <hugs piggles> :)

I was going to say I should probably get offline and look but it seems to have worked for SM and SG

19. Sith-Gecko

Sith-Gecko Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    I just mean the way guys just don't seem to want to make an effort... to do anything. I guess I have to tread careful here but I just don't see any guys out there with will and courage. Maybe thats a little harsh, I don't know.

Depends on their personality; but again, generalisations. I know many men who are simply after sex, and don't wish to have to work or do anything to better themselves in a real, proper relationship. I took a risk in knowing SM almost soley online before entering into a deep relationship with him; but it's a risk that paid off. He is undoubtedly the most caring man I have met, and someone willing to work for a relationship simply to get to know myself, and allow me to know him. We both work together to make this relationship as enjoyable and close as possible - which is something that most people forget. Both parties have to work to achieve something great. A satisfying relationship is not something a man can sit back and expect, but nor is it that way for a woman.
    I've worked at this relationship with SM. People have objected to us on many ground, there are times when one or both of us could have easily thrown up our hands and quit. However we both know that this is something worth our trouble, and frankly this is the best thing I've ever known. I love him like no-one else, and it's definitely been worth it.
    So don't give up. Men don't just fall into your lap and start cooking you dinner - a dream relationship is something both parties have to work for.

20. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    Having actually thought this through a little better I think I maybe jumped the gun a little I guess in many ways it is society that piles on distractions and blah blah blah I know there are good ones out there I may have even met some of them maybe my problem is I am just too impatient after all good things come to those who wait.

21. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    I certainly hope so, I don't know how much longer I can wait for the right one to come along before I have to actually start asking people out. :D

22. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Well I'm waiting..... and waiting.... and waiting.... How Long do I have to wait here?!

23. SithLeia

SithLeia Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 16, 2001
    quite a while i'm still waiting

24. Obie-none

Obie-none Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2002
    Well, i am no single but was for a long time. I met someone on the net many years ago and kept up a good relationship for years. as friends. Things progressed well and we got conciderably closer and finally planned much more. Granted, some mistakes were made along the way, are they not in all relationships...some people were even hurt along the way..but they are much happier now for that. But as time passes and the hurts turn to a better life, we can smile and almost thank the old hurts for the new happieness. Angers subside as life goes on and new bonds are made.

If your single, patience the right one will come along. If you wonder if this staement is true, look at the other people here and how lucky and happy they are.

Be Well All

BB

25. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    MM

huh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.