Discussion Who here thinks that the script is done?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by budspencer, Jun 13, 2013.

1. budspencer Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Looking at the latest info i am pretty positive that at least the first draft is done and that revision will occur down the road but i would say that the story is there.

The have gathered the designers so usually that means that they got the story canned.

I think its a done deal now!
  2. chris hayes Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Yes I think it's pretty muck locked in & casting should be under way now ......
  3. BigAl6ft6 Force Ghost

star 5
    I'd vote for mid-second draft myself. They'll probably tweak even more when the actors are cast.
  4. Darth Claire Force Ghost

star 4
    IDK nowadays scripts can be written and rewritten even during filming so there is no way to know for sure. Most likely they got a basic idea and are getting ready to begin casting.
  5. SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I think that the overall story the script follows is finished, but I doubt that the actual script has been completed.
  6. Grand_Moff_Jawa Chosen One

star 5

This.
  7. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    I think it's done but might be tweaked.
    bergstrom likes this.
  8. EviL_eLF Force Ghost

star 4
    The core script is done. Obviously there will be tweaking to it all the way up through re-shoots etc... that's why re-shoots exist.
    Sum-Wan and Granger like this.
  9. jedinightwing Force Ghost

star 3
    They probably have a few more revisions left to do before they begin filming (along with all of pre-production). but yes. It will probably be revised up until the final cut of the film.
    Granger likes this.
  10. Immortiss Force Ghost

star 4
    Time for storyboarding!
    JainaSoloYJK and WatTamborWoo like this.
  11. Granger Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Another vote for done but they will revise it all the way through filming.
  12. EviL_eLF Force Ghost

star 4
    Likely location scouting first. Hard to story board a scene when you aren't sure of the evironment said scene is taking place in. Obviously not an issue for in studio shots where they will build the set etc though. Still, location scouting "usually" comes first. We've already heard the Scottish Highlands location rumor... which hints they've been in that process for a while actually.
    Last edited by EviL_eLF, Jun 13, 2013
  13. Jedirush2112 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I agree. I think the first draft is down and being used to get the right people in place before they revise it.

=P~
  14. Diggs Force Ghost

star 4
    They'll probably be at least a draft in and revising through a couple (at least) more to refine the story and characters. Changes will continue right through pre-production and shooting, but hopefully the main beats and arcs are roughly set already.
  15. Deejo Jedi Master

star 1
    I am an artist, I would give my left nut to be a storyboard artist on this!
  16. Jae-Dec Jedi Master

star 2
    I doubt they have the final draft of the script complete, but the overlay of the story and first draft is more than likely done.
  17. w4tkn Jedi Master

star 1
    It largely has to be done, minus some re-write's and tweaks other wise they would not know the requirements of locations and how long to book and how long to book the sound stages for.
  18. Reveen Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    It's either go on a year long booze and coke bender and then get the script in at the last minute, or get it written first and then go party. Either way, yeah it's probably done, someone has a cup of two day old coffee sitting on it and everything.
    Granger and w4tkn like this.
  19. WatTamborWoo Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I think it is done. As others have said there may be a few rewites and changes as production starts.
    One thing that I don't think will happen too much is the "linear editing" which was part of GL's process. GL, in AOTC, for example revisted concept designs when he thought he needed some action towards the end of AOTC (in the Droid foundry).
    As such what is written now is what they will work with. Hence announcements about the concept artists.
    w4tkn likes this.
  20. w4tkn Jedi Master

star 1
    Yeah with dog earned corners and the words 'more intense' scribbled a few key points, the Jar Jar scene has big lines through it with the words 'See me' next to some initials. At the end is has B+ and a smiley.
  21. Echo-07 Force Ghost

star 4
    I think the script was actually completed long ago. In fact I would say that since JJ has been on board they have been "tweaking" it relentlessly -- NOT that much tweaking is needed IMO since MA is as avid a fan as JJ & co.
    Pro Scoundrel and LunarMoth like this.
  22. Skywalker2B Force Ghost

star 2
    I believe that the scripts (notice that it's plural) have been done for a while now. I think that they've written the scripts for 7-9 and will be filming some scenes concurrently and possibly even filming scenes for the spin-offs.
  23. lord_eidolon Force Ghost

star 3
    This. Maybe a second or third draft, with finer details that may be changed or juggled as the project develops.
  24. LunarMoth Force Ghost

star 4
    I think like many aspects of this, WAY more is done than we know.
    Darth Chiznuk and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  25. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6