main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who here thinks they will collect the basic figs from the Clone Wars Line?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Member_TK-423, Aug 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Member_TK-423

Member_TK-423 Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2002
    I dunno, I think all of the new figures are pretty neat, but just not something I'm really looking forward to as a collector. The vehicles seem to be the better part of this new line as I already own 2 Republic Gunships, a couple speeder bikes and an AAT (still looking forward to the Hailfire Droid). I will also be investing in the Clone Trooper Army sets (and all their variations) that are coming out. Those look sweet! :D The other basic figure (mace, ani, obi, yoda, etc.) look pretty decent too, they just don't shout out BUY ME! :p I will probably pick up the ARC Trooper though and possibly Durge.

Just curious what others think of this line. Your opinions would be greatly appreciated. Who knows maybe some of you can persuade me to change my mind. ;)

Thanks.

Member_TK-423

2. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I will be picking up ARC Trooper, Durge and Asajj Ventress.

Possibly Obi-Wan too.

3. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    I'm treating the Clone Wars line as just an extension of the normal line...therefore, I'm collecting everything.

So far the only thing I plan to pass on (and have already seen and left on the shelf) is the re-paint Gunship. If it winds up on clearance I may pick it up anyway though.

4. Orange_Sith

Orange_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2002
    im getting a bunch of clones wars stuff, it looks pretty cool

5. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Well since it looks like Walmart will only carry the Saga line I'll probably just collect those.

The Clone Wars line really dosen't grab me because it's not really anything we've seen in the films. However if I find some and I like them I'll buy them.

Buy what you like. That's my motto.

6. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    I'll buy it all, even if I do not like it. It makes me one step closer to having every SW fig ever made! Every collectors dream!
    (though impossible, LOL)

7. Galvamarr

Galvamarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2002
    I'll probably pass on the Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Yoda from the Clone Wars line. The only way I would buy a new figure of those characters is if they were better than ones that are already out. In this case, they're not, IMO.

That said, I'll be getting Kit Fisto, Sasae Tinn (he looks awsome, and he should fit in a starfighter), Durge, maybe one ARC trooper, the Sith witch, and anything else that catches my eye.

8. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
    I'll be getting them all, if I can find them, that is. I've already got the new Jedi Starfighter, AAT, Gunship, and one multipack each of Clones and Droids. So, I'm well on my way into the Clone Wars assortment.

9. Jawa-Juice

Jawa-Juice Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 29, 2002
    I'm thinking of getting the Kit Fisto and Saesee Tiin figures. The Yoda looks pretty cool too so I might get him.

10. StarkRhavyn

StarkRhavyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Well, I WOULD collect them if someone would sell them!
    Walmart won't carry 'em, the Target here hasn't even made room for them (much less have them already), TRU doesn't have them either (but they would be too expensive anyway).
    I haven't check K-mart or KB yet but the whole reason I like to collect Star Wars is because it's almost always easy to get. I could just grab a figure or ship at Walmart as I get my groceries. If I have to start checking every single possible outlet (to keep from having to pay three times as much on ebay for one thing I missed), I'm gonna get tired of this real quick.

11. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    The Clone Wars basic figures won't be out until October.

I'm planning on getting Asajj Ventress, but that'll probably be it.

12. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    The one I know I'll get is the Anakin just because IMO his is one of the better Anakins to come out so far. I'll probably get Obi too for the same reason.

The Jedi three pack would be cool too and I like the Kit and whats his name (horned guy) figures that were on the site the other day.

13. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    As darcphoenyx said above he looks at the Clone war figures as an extension of the saga line. I will be buying them.

14. Member_TK-423

Member_TK-423 Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2002
    I agree with Galvamarr, Sasae Tinn does look cool and Kit looks not too bad himself (just saw the new pics). I would definitely get Tinn over Fisto though since he's fully clothed. :p But they both look like buys. In the end though it will come down to how they all look in person. Maybe they will look cooler :cool: ...or worse. :eek: Who knows.

15. data68

data68 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2003
    I'll definitly get all the clone troops and jedi figures...except maybe Yoda, he looks kinda silly.

16. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    I want Anakin and Obi-Wan and Yoda.

17. FreeNatalie

FreeNatalie Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2003
    Just one question, why are they calling them the Clone Wars line when they are going to be in the same packaging as say, the Snowtropper? Right? Or is it because they are not in the films?

18. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    I was planning on getting the figures. But the more I see of them, the less I want them.

So, I'll skip on the figures and focus more on getting some of the ships. Hailfire Droid, here I come.

19. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    Just one question, why are they calling them the Clone Wars line when they are going to be in the same packaging as say, the Snowtropper? Right? Or is it because they are not in the films?

Actually, all of the Clone Wars stuff is packaged differently from the Saga stuff. Clone Wars packaging is white with what looks like red dirt splattered all over it, while Saga is still blue and gold.

That said, I'll be picking up Anakin, ARC Trooper, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Durge, Asajj Ventress and Mace Windu. Fisto and Tiin didn't impress me enough to buy them, and since I haven't seen the Clonetrooper that's apparantly coming, I'm reserving judgement on him until I do.

20. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    BTW, none of the basic figure Clone Wars figs have actually hit the pegs yet, have they?

Just the multipacks and vehicles, right? (I thought so, at least :confused: )

EDIT: Markup.

21. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    Correct. None of them are in stores yet, until at least October. All that is out now are the army builders and vehicles.

22. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    Galactic Hunter say they are shipping in August, so they should be in stores in September.

23. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It depends on what they look like. I do want an ARC trooper though as I enjoyed their appearance in the first Clone Wars GN. And Durge is a possibility as well.

24. Animawookiee

Animawookiee Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2003
    I'll be getting the ARC Trooper, Durge, Asajj Ventress, and Kit Fisto. Possibly some vehicles too if they are released in the UK (where I live). I've got too many Obi-Wans and Anakins already, although they are OK.

The Clone Wars Kit Fisto looks great!! :D

25. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    It depends on what they look like. I do want an ARC trooper though as I enjoyed their appearance in the first Clone Wars GN. And Durge is a possibility as well.

What's GN?

Has anyone else totally fallen in love with thee holy bald chick?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.