main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who here would like to see the Empire take back the galaxy once the Vong are defeated?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by barnsthefatjedi, Jan 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    I might post a scenario later, but I am too tired at the moment. For now, assuming it was done right, would you like to see Pellaeon and his Empire seize control of the galaxy if the NR and Vong destroy themselves?

EDIT: If this is redundant, please tell me so that I can lock this.

2. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    No, I wouldn't, a government that rules by fear isn't something I would like to live under.
    However, I don't like living under a corrupt democracy either.

3. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Not redundent, yet has been posted a lot.

I think most will tell you yes, yet I say "no".
    This is clearly because Alien cultures do not want to go back surving under a human-regimn.

I agree Tenal Ka, living under a curropt republic isnt fun, but hopefully the republic will not be "corrupt"

4. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    I don't think the modern Empire would be anything like Palpatine's Empire. Pellaeon would be a much more liberal leader.

5. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    The anti-alien policies were changed as the empire got smaller, and in more need of troops. Daala also changed the anti alien and anti women stuff.

However...

IF the empire were to grow back to encompass the galaxy, anti-alien policies could return with the power, also, despite the more "alien" rich condition the imperial remnant is in, it's vast majority is still human, this could re-create the anti-alien sentimates

6. palpatineson

palpatineson Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2001
    NO.

The empire would not be accepted, is too weak and doesn't have a figurehead. Without an emperor of sorts, it's not an empire, it's another squabbling republic.

Maybe if they brought the UN forces with them and created a new emperor which we could either love or hate, but other than that it just wouldn't be good.

The NJO just doesn't leave a lot of after-the-fact stories for a galaxy wide plot. Maybe if we saw some of those feuds in HoT trilogy re-ignite, or more prequel stories-an idea of more TofS/J was mentioned in another thread-post-NJO or pre- depending on how you look at it could be interesting but bringing the empire back could not be done well. IMO

7. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    The NJO just doesn't leave a lot of after-the-fact stories for a galaxy wide plot

How can you say that when you don't know how it is going to end or what will happen in the books that have not been released yet?

8. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    or Jaina could just become Dark Empress of the Universe. :D

9. Infiltrator

Jan 4, 2002
    Here here!!

10. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    You obviously haven't read DJ yet.

11. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I can see the NR looking to the Empire for political support. Meaning that the Empire is now in a postition to take back the reigns from the NR. Although the New Empire would not be anything like the Empire of old as long as Palleon were to rule it and keep the Moffs from interfering. Yeah, it might just work out for the best.

12. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    My thoughts exactly.

13. Infiltrator

Jan 4, 2002
    similar to what I thought as well

14. Terranix

Terranix Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2001
    I think people are giving the Empire & Pellaeon too much credit. It is, after all, a facist state, & Pellaeon is more a ''gentleman thug'' than anything else. Except in a military type way.

But yes. Tired as the plotline is, I want to see the Empire become a major force in the galaxy again. If the NJO had them & some Sith in it, it would have been just as good, if not better.

Sigh...

15. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Nope, that'd be throwing away the movies... :D

16. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    I dont want the Empire, but wouldn't mind some Imperials being the major problem. Get Shira Brie involved.

17. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    It certainly would be interesting to say the least. Pellaeon certainly would have his hands full keeping the moffs in line as they see Imperial territory expand exponentially.

The best bet for the galaxy would be some sort of merging of Imperial and NR philosophies. Pellaeon could be the chief of state, Leia, Han and Luke could have senior positions. Pellaeon's primary role would be to keep the unfortunate idealism of the three previously mentioned in check.

Hopefully, after the NJO, the surviving NR folks will realize that having this big democracy was simply unworkable - that the mechanisms of the NR made the YV's conquests that much easier.

Think of Pellaeon filling the role of a Paul Von Hindenburg ready to use the military and issue emergency decrees to maintain order. Leia could be his able chancellor, working to nip disputes in the bud before the armed forces would need to become involved, and also running the governments day-to-day operations in a cabinet system of government.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.