main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who here....

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JarJarMustDie, Sep 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarJarMustDie

JarJarMustDie Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2001
    Who here LOOOOVES to imagine themselves in the stories, with lightsaber in hand, just about to defeat the bad guy? I personally don't get around to reading them (i'm new here) but my friend *boutypunkraurra* tells me about everything that happens in the books. I wanna know, what book got your imagination running wild so much that you could feel someone else's force as they entered your room. Also what character(s) do you find easiest to imagine? ;)

2. stevo

stevo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    The Thrawn Trilogy! I love it so much. I can imagine my self as a Noghri going through the forests of Mykr. I find it easiest to think of Mara, Winter, Jainia, Leia, or Luke.

3. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    It would be cool if we could hack into a Matrix of sorts and act out a story, you know how Morpheous and Neo had that Fung-Fu fight scene in the Matrix?immagine a computer interface that could create anything you wanted and u could enter it at will and have battles with characters or encounters with spiritual leaders or anything, it would be awesome to fight stormtroopers or dark jedi A.I. in a simulated enviroment without the rules of gravity or anything to limit your abilities in combat.

4. JarJarMustDie

JarJarMustDie Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2001
    that would be AWESOME while reading your book you could enter the situation any time you liked!

5. BoutyPunkrAurra

BoutyPunkrAurra Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 21, 2001
    mateo--that would be SOOO cool! as for me? well, since i look, think, and act JUST like tahiri....dont call me adork but ya i sometimes catch myself imaganing(sp) myself inside the books. actually i do it all the time. call me a loser, but seriousely that's the only way i can, like, get myself through my life sometimes. just throwing myself into an alternate reality.
    my sister once said, "i hate science fiction becasue it is only for people who desperately want to escape reality". well, that pretty much sums up my whole existence. i desperately want to escape reality. especially now after all this crap has been going on.

6. Jarik

Jarik Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2000
    That's the future, Mateo. Unfortunately we probably won't be around anymore.

7. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    My friends and I are going to make our own versions of the 4 released films. We've been taking sword-fighting classes, martial arts for over 6 months now.

8. Fluke_Groundwalker

Aug 11, 2001
    We're also going to make each novel into a film.

*I have no life. Anyone willing to share theirs?*

9. BoutyPunkrAurra

BoutyPunkrAurra Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 21, 2001
    FG, that is SOOO COOL!!!! seriousely, omg! that sounds like so much fun. i wanted to make some of the books into movies, but jjmd here was the only one interested, and i needed alot more people to be in it. lilbrowneyedjedi thought it was original, but she wasnt all for it. that is SO cool.
    my life? hmm, lets see....i wake up, eat, go on the computer till noon, take a shower, get dressed in a t-shirt and if i feel like it i put on pants, talk online, post on the forums and work on my site for the rest of the day, only stopping when my back hurts too much or i need to go raid the kitchen. and when i raid the kitchen, i RAID the kitchen. ask jjmd. shes seen me in action.
    so thats my life on the weekends. on schooldays, i rush around getting ready while i post run to school, read whichever sw book i grabbed when i ran out the door as much as i can, and all i do is think about star wars. i have no life. and you know whats weird? the teasingdoesnt even bother me anymore...

10. LoveisSuicideSP

LoveisSuicideSP Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    I've pictured myself as a dark elf before.

11. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    I have dreamt of leading a massive fleet to save the Galaxy against the NJO many times. I just can't think of which ships to take.

12. Emiaj

Emiaj Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2001
    I feel like I live the books too much already. I prefer to imagine myself having a life.

13. Jarik

Jun 21, 2000
    "We're also going to make each novel into a film. "

How are you going to do that? Me and my friend just made a 6 min. music video and it was hard enough. Took us 10 hours just for the filming, with the bluescreen and everything. You would need a ton of props and a plethora of actors and actresses and some major computer skills if you plan on putting in those fake backgrounds and stuff. And I don't know how good you're shooting for it to be, but you'd have to try to match the descriptions of the characters with your actors. It'll probably be really hard and doing just 1 novel will take a long time. Doing all of them will take forever (exaggeration). You'd have to cut some parts out probably.

Anyway, this should be really cool. Can I see a copy of each as you finish. If you can't put it on the computer maybe we could work something out.

If you need any help PM me. I know how to do some of this stuff and my earlier mentioned friend also does too.

What book are you going to start at?

14. Fluke_Groundwalker

Aug 11, 2001
    Right now, we're currently working on our own versions of the movies. We've finished TPM, and are about halfway through ANH.

I've made a lot of life size models of ships, including X-wings, A-wings, Y-wings, and I'm having a friend do the computer crap.

And, since I'm only 14, I've got a lot of time to finish this project.

P.S. I am going to cut some of the stuff out of the novels. I've totally re-written them.

15. Jarik

Jun 21, 2000
    Ok, good luck.

16. Fluke_Groundwalker

Aug 11, 2001
    List of characters I play:

Darth Maul
    Luke Skywalker
    Wedge Antilles
    Corran Horn
    Kell Tainer
    Wes Janson
    Anakin Solo

Plus a whole lot more.

17. RogueJaina

RogueJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2001
    Wow, FG, you really do need a life. ;) I wish I had one to share with you, but I'm pretty pathetic myself. I use SW terms in conversation, then wonder why everyone looks at me funny...

18. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh cool, FG!! My friends and I are doing the same thing with our own versions of the movies. We're only doing the trilogy, then we're going to move on to episodes 7-9, which I'm currently writing. We started with ESB and right now we're about 10 min. into it. So far I have the roles of:

Han Solo
    the Wampa
    Yoda
    Wedge Antilles

Good luck with your projects!!!

19. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    To me, the books that most intersted me first were the Thrawn Trilogy, The Jedi Academy Trilogy, and the YJK books because those were the first ones that I read. I used to pretend I was Jaina Solo all the time! I still have dreams that I am her...
    is that normal at my age? Probably not, but I'm not complaining!

20. bterrik

bterrik Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2001
    Hey! My friends and I are writing Alternate Universes for production. We are going to subit some to TF.N when we are done.

21. Arabwel

Arabwel Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2001
    I'm always getting myself into the books as I read them... And imagine what'd happen if I'd insert either my meta-character or some of my other originals...

Ara
    (Isard-wannabe of the weird kind with a headached the size of the Imperial Palace)

22. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    I would love to have the skills nessicary to make a movie,
    i can act very well, and am good with a computer, and love to build models, but unfortunetly, to make a movie i would need a cast, and a ton of money and alot time.

I do however like to write my own stories and create my own characters, mabye someday i will have the time type some of them up and submit them to fanfiction.net

One thing i have wanted to do is build a Life size replica Of boba fetts armor to wear to ep. II or III

23. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    to add to what i said earlyer, I have often found myself daydreaming of what it would be like to be zekk, or lowbacca in the young jedi knights series, or possibly darth maul before episode 1.....

24. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    I have a lot of pet characters I liek to imagine being. A bunch I made up myself, then Dev Sibwarra, Kyp Durron, Ysanne Isard, Adm. Daala, um...

I think there's more.

Anyway, that is so cool about making the movies!! It has been my dream to do that, and I even have my own Drama Club. Only problem? I am the only one I knwo near me that likes SW :(

25. thx1138-the-jedi

thx1138-the-jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2001
    i go beyond imagining myself in the books.
    i have dreams that i can not tell from reality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.