main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga ~ Who I am ~ - Dear Diary Challenge 2007, COMPLETED 12/21

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MsLanna, Jan 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Thank you MamaVader.:D I'm glad you're still around.[face_love]
    Though I get the feeling this was not my best idea. I'm now on the verge of writing Boba Fett mush.:oops: Somebody call the knacker...

Well, you might want to read the short story 'Side Trip' if you don't know it yet, Alexis. Better written than this and featuring Thrawn instead of Boba Fett. That's what I call improvment.:p
    *tries to get image of harmonica-playing Boba Fett out of her mind*[face_hypnotized]

[u]A day later[/u]

What can I say, he did it. The rumours that reach me are intriguing and range from Jodo Kast storming the stronghold all on his own and killing Zekka Thyne in front of his court to him sending first CorSec and then a garrison of stormtoopers in, before calmly strolling through the fighting and shooting Thyne. I'm sure the truth lies somewhere between, but I'll never know. When I asked him what I was to tell those who wanted details, the Grand Admiral's answer was "to shut up." I'm good at that, I'll live.

I never told anybody much about my work anyway. Never talked much at all. Maybe that is one of the reasons I am not missed much, my contact was always restricted to work. And Kees if following that route, maybe not because she wants to, but for fear. Exposing herself as little to others to entice no suspicion.

How does she handle the loneliness, I wonder. Research showed, she had never been really alone in all her life. Her back story is full of friends, colleagues and acquaintances. What would she say if she knew I delivered Sigur Ransdale, partner of her deceiver, to certain death? Why would I care?

It worries me a little that I cannot blank her out of my thoughts. Trained to be a hunter and killer, I should be able to control every aspect of my self, body and thought. It was easier when I did not think so much, at least, not so much out of the line. Philosophical musings and wondering about the sense of it all is rather new. I must have done so once, but reaching a decision is where the thinking had stopped. I had found my way and that was all that mattered.

[i]I was all that mattered.[/i]
    I was indeed. Me and the bounty I was after, me and the profit. No attachments, just as I had been taught. And what I have been living. Not that I had much chance to latch onto somebody. Before most children begin to separate from their parents, I had been alone already. [i]I was separating limbs and heads at that age already.

And keen on taking revenge on the Jedi that killed my father.
    And trying to take his legacy as the galaxy's best bounty hunter.
    And determined to never make the same mistake.
    And old enough to decide about the rest of my life?
    There was no decision, there was Jango.[/i]

The bounty hunter is free of attachments.
    [i]I am. I have leared that lesson well.[/i]
    Too well. As if I was one of those sithspawned Jedi.
    [i]Their credo, Jango's credo, my credo.
    Did it do either of us any good?[/i]

2. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Great update =D= Sorry I'm to preoccupied to comment further.

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I was all that mattered.
    I was indeed. Me and the bounty I was after, me and the profit. No attachments, just as I had been taught. And what I have been living. Not that I had much chance to latch onto somebody. Before most children begin to separate from their parents, I had been alone already. I was separating limbs and heads at that age already.

:_| Break my heart, why don't you? [face_shame_on_you]

Another superb update. And on a side note, I'm not worried about you getting a big head. Obviously, you're much too well grounded for such a prospect. :p I'm just enjoying your work! :D

4. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Thanks for cutting into the little time you have and leave a note anyway, Alexis.:)

*patches up Vadey's heart*
    As good as new. Hope you don't mind the chunks of Boba-love I inserted.;)
    He did not have what I would call a childhood and even less of adolescence. And it did turn him into a pretty unlikeable barve, IMO.
    Well grounded? Now I want some proof for that.:p

[u]Some time later[/u]

Finally the bounties are covering my expenses again. Until now I had used credits from accounts Kees has no access to. She doesn't know half of it. Nobody seems to wonder where an upstart like Kast has money and experience from to work the way I do. I would has suspected him to be a bought man on a undercover mission, but suspicion seems to be on retreat. Or maybe it just more noticeable to me.

[i]Suspicion was never what it should have been.[/i]
    And I am grateful for it. What would have happened, if the Bounty Hunter's Guild had been more suspicious those years back? It was bad enough with Bossk. I wonder if he is still trying to kill me. And what Kees is doing about him. And though I would just like to see the expression on Bossk's face when he killed her and found out it was a woman, implying he had been fooled for years by a woman, I do not want him to trumpet the fact into the galaxy. Would he? Would his wounded pride allow it? Or would his desire to humiliate me get the better of him? And what would people think? Provided they cared at all?

But until lately nobody has as much as given me a second glance. Just another bounty hunter. The kill of Zekka Thyne started an avalanche of requests and I can't complain about the height of the bounties. The mystery around the events only fuels the demand. Even Black Sun did not turn it's back on me. Of course, they had not been happy about 'my' actions concerning Zekka Thyne, but even Xizor knows that given the choice, people would always side with Vader over him. Not because he is more dangerous if he wanted you dead, but because the Empire is a much more visible threat to life as the hidden secrecy of Black Sun's operations.

[i]People fear what they can see.[/i]
    And now they see me. And they fear me. Slowly my reputation begins to work for me again. It makes things so much easier, the quarry is more inclined to give up, more convinced that resistance is futile. He now has to work against his own subconscious as well as me. And the caution has risen. As if I had betrayed Black Sun by working for the Empire. There is no loyalty in this business.

[i]No loyalty, no love.[/i]
    I can't use any attachments, not business partners, much less friends and even less love.
    I remember, thinking about it in the asylum. [i]Strong and weak, hard and gentle, mine and free, intelligence, wit and devotion, courage and loyalty.[/i] It still sounds all right.
    [i]Loyalty, there it is.[/i]
    And well should be.
    [i]But how to earn it without giving it? Trust breeds trust.[/i]
    No loyalty, no love. I can't remember having any need for either.
    [i]I can't remember everything, yet.[/i]
    I can remember enough.

It seems strange, almost obscene, that now that I stopped groping for my memories they come sneaking back silently, almost imperceptibly. I do not notice, until I suddenly think back and there are the images and events, as if I had never had problems recalling them.
    Candy in my childhood? Rare, but it did happen.
    And I did play. With my father.
    Religion? Don't make me laugh.
    Art? Not much use and seldom highly paid for, even for its retrieval.
    Mandalorians? My father was one, but I am not. I can pretend well, though.

I am the man inside the armour, as was he. Thinking about it, I was raised to be Mando. And I am not. One out of six duties, hell, I'm not even close. And still raised to be - It will have to wait for any other day. As long as I am not myself again, I will not decide on my future.
    [i]Why not?
    There's not time like the present.
    Who would disapprove? Who would take notice?
    Where is the prob

5. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    =D= Wow! Great update.. left me speechless!

6. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    It always makes me smile to see this one has been updated. :)

People fear what they can see.
    And now they see me. And they fear me. Slowly my reputation begins to work for me again. It makes things so much easier, the quarry is more inclined to give up, more convinced that resistance is futile. He now has to work against his own subconscious as well as me. And the caution has risen. As if I had betrayed Black Sun by working for the Empire. There is no loyalty in this business.

Loved it! =D=

7. Jaded_Rose

Jaded_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2006
    I can't remember everything, yet.
    I can remember enough.

This was so powerful, because I had so recently read the chapters at the asylum where it was his sole aim to discover who and what he was. Beautiful job shaping his character.

J_Ro

8. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Thank you, Alexis. I'm just glad you don't need your voice to type.:D

You're always welcome, MamaVader.
    I can't guarantee that side effects like Boba-love will recede again, though.[face_blush]

Just what I did, Jaded_Rose. And then realized I never really resolved that memory thing.:oops:

[u]Another Month Later[/u]

It had not been enough.
    The impact of Thyne's death, the ensuing missions and bounties, it was not enough to earn even a glance from Kees. She has the arrogant hunter down to perfection. To be noticed, I would have to steal a bounty head out under her nose. I am working on that. But as long as she has the exclusive use of some of my more expensive contacts - well, I knew what I was doing when I contracted them. they are always that crucial heartbeat faster with their information than everybody else. And so Kees is already in hyperspace, when I am still doing pre-flight preps.

There is nothing more annoying than to see your own ship shoot past you into hyperspace and knowing that, whatever prey you were after is aboard and way out of reach. To be beaten in your own game for whatever reasons is annoying. But I have a long memory, and Kees will have much to account for before this is over. If I cannot steal a bounty, I have to think of something else. If I cannot get to her, I must make her come for me. And I will.

The more difficult this gets, the harder the hammer will fall in the end. It does not do to annoy Boba Fett.

In a way it has already started. I did not intend it, but I can not be faulted when to some people all Mandalorian armours look the same. Especially, when I am convinced that Kast chose his set just because of it's similarity to mine. Not my fault at all. But it was enough to fool some.

It was easy to return to the habitus of my old self, maybe it was not even a conscious decision. The hunt just brings it along, the tensing of the muscles, scanning of the surrounding the continued stated of heightened awareness as not to miss anything. It feels different when I move now. As Lancer I was more laid back, but then I could afford to, being in the secure environment of the asylum. Like an unwound spring that is now tense again, ready to spring at the slightest trigger. [i]Too much tension, for too long periods.[/i]

It is not as if I didn't relax again. When the doors of the [i]Foxcatch [/i] seal behind me, when I know myself unobserved, and that is enough. I am not used to this lack of tension, it takes an effort, ritual. Taking off the helmet, flexing neck and shoulders, and if that does not suffice, take a hot shower, feeling the water pouring down and wash away the tenseness. [i]I have not done this before. [/i]

[i]I did not feel as divided before.[/i] I was a whole, a hunter, nothing else. Now, now I am also myself in a strange detached way. There is a part of me that does not belong to the hunt anymore, a part that demands respite. [i]And a set of canvas and colours.[/i] I am not the perfect predator anymore. Am I not perfect anymore? More than human, less than human, my conviction is wavering from one to the other. More, less, more? [i]Does it matter?[/i]

To me it does. I was perfect before. [i]Perfect predator.[/i]
    Can I accept less than perfect? [i]Perfectly human.[/i]

I prefer to hunt. There is no time for haunting distractions like that in the hunt. There is no mercy in the hunt. There is only the hunt.
    And the prey is wearing my face.

9. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I did not feel as divided before. I was a whole, a hunter, nothing else. Now, now I am also myself in a strange detached way. There is a part of me that does not belong to the hunt anymore, a part that demands respite. And a set of canvas and colours. I am not the perfect predator anymore. Am I not perfect anymore? More than human, less than human, my conviction is wavering from one to the other. More, less, more? Does it matter?

To me it does. I was perfect before. Perfect predator.
    Can I accept less than perfect? Perfectly human.

I prefer to hunt. There is no time for haunting distractions like that in the hunt. There is no mercy in the hunt. There is only the hunt.
    And the prey is wearing my face.

Wow! Just wow. Incredible. =D=

10. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Wow! You manage to keep escalating your powerful posts to a new level! =D=

Careful, Boba, when hunting yourself, you may cut yourself in the mirror :p

11. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Yes, he certainly is incredible, Vadey. And impossible, that old barve.:p
    Perfection, bleh, he needs a brainwash.

I had to look up 'escalating' Alexis. I only knew the meaning of getting badly out of control. But maybe Boba is doing that too. Soon he'll be starkravingmad.[face_mischief]
    And he better be careful. What if he's hunting himself and actually manages to caputer and kill himslef? Not a nice prospect for the future.:p

[u]Later Again.[/u]
    This is getting silly, I think I'll drop this.
    [u]
    Entry number 35[/u]

Lorna Kees is dead. Presumed dead. Dropped into the Sarlacc. Eaten.
    I do not really believe it. 'Presumed' is a very extendable term, I know better then to trust it. Kees has done a pretty good job being me and between my armour and her wits, I don't put it beyond her to have gotten out. Not unhurt, it is a Sarlacc after all, and probably with some help. I don't know, maybe she even needs some time to recover now. The timing is good, if not what I had intended.

[i]Time for me to act[/i].
    Time to play the brazen impostor, the guy who believes it safe to impersonate a dead man.
    [i]The irony of it.[/i]
    But I have not time to think about that now.
    [i]When will the right time be?[/i]
    Probably never.
    [i]I could go and have a look.[/i]

But that would be folly. The moment Jabba's death got known on Tatooine, his palace will have been ransacked. And since there was nobody around to assume his power, the chaos will have been substantial. Good luck I did not have any deposits there. Hutts are just not trustworthy. There will be little left by now. Nothing, more likely. Whatever the remainders of his household could not carry off, mercenaries and treasure hunters will have collected. Jabba was too well-known not to have his treasures abstracted the moment he was dead.

And for the leftovers of the sail barge in the Dune Sea, the Jawas have already made short work of anything left. If it was metal or electronics, they have picked it up. So even if there had been evidence of Kees in the vicinity, the armour was gone long time by now. [i]My armour, gone.[/i] I wonder how well it did protect her from the digestive fluids of the Sarlacc. Maybe I will have to keep her alive for a while to get some answers.

[i]Alive.[/i]
    It's funny how we are both dead right now without actually being dead at all. In the past I had staged my death a few times. It can be easier to achieve something if you are presumed dead. But then, nobody else took my life while I played dead. [i]Nobody dared. [/i] The other bounty hunters feared me too much to try such a con. [i]But Lorna Kees had no idea who I am.[/i] It took a complete stranger to impersonate me. Would she have done so, if she had known? Another breath of live gained by another answer I'd like.

[i]I didn't have questions before.[/i]
    There was nothing I wanted to know except the price on the head and the difference between dead and alive. Nothing else mattered. The clear-cut simplicity of it is beautiful. Alluring and tempting, an easy way to go, no matter how difficult the tasks. I never wondered about the 'why' of it. The only answer I was after was the transferring of credits to my account. The monetary 'well done' as impersonal as the rest of the business.

But now, I want to know. [i]I really want to know.[/i]
    Genuine interest is - no not new, but something I had but forgotten. It started with Sinar. I still have to find a way to help Sinar. Still, it is not like an infection festering on my personality, encompassing all I get to meet. [i]I am as distanced as ever. I have not changed.[/i]

But what if I fool myself? What if I am obsessed? Never before has a single person arisen that much interest in me before, and we have not even met. Maybe that is it. The mystery dissolves when seen face to face. [i]That is what the helmet is for.[/i] So I can be sure that detachment will return after I settled the score.

[i]And what then?[/i]
    Then I will be myself again. My old self, my true self.
    [i]

12. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Every post gets better. How do you do that? [face_thinking] It was great to begin with, don't get me wrong, but every post seems to reveal a new level to this character.

Alive.
    It's funny how we are both dead right now without actually being dead at all. In the past I had staged my death a few times. It can be easier to achieve something if you are presumed dead. But then, nobody else took my life while I played dead. Nobody dared. The other bounty hunters feared me too much to try such a con. But Lorna Kees had no idea who I am. It took a complete stranger to impersonate me. Would she have done so, if she had known? Another breath of live gained by another answer I'd like.

That section especially stood out for me!

=D=

13. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    What does this story, Boba Fett, and ogres have in common? They have layers... like an onion.

And you keep revealing a deeper layer w/ every post.

Er, perhaps I should have said "...like cake"... not everyone likes onions. :p

Seriously, though, I love how you reveal a new depth to Boba as you go along. Very well done. =D=

14. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    I have no idea, Vadey. I have a suspicion, though. Like you, I slowly grow to like that barve. So In the beginning this was more about keeping the interest and putting red herrings, whearas now I really try to understand Boba and give him a character and a story.[face_thinking]
    And I know better where I want him in the and, and as what kind of person I want him. [face_sequel_eyes]

[face_laugh] Alexis. Onions! Great. I like onions. But I must dissapoint you, no ogres in this story.:p About depth, I think I'll hit rock bottom, soon.[face_worried]

[u] Entry 36[/u]

Lorna Kees is still alive. I don't care what the rest of the galaxy believes, I know it. Rumours of Fett being seen have come up and they were not from my carefully staged appearances. Additionally, the Sarlacc is also assumed dead.

[i]She killed it.[/i]
    I don't know how she managed that feat. The Sarlacc is a huge beast, nobody really knew how far into the ground it extended. But Kees refused to be eaten and killed it instead.
    Fett [i]refused to be eaten.
    Is there a difference? [/i]
    Even if most of the galaxy believes her to be dead now, I know better.
    [i]Who is believed dead? [/i]
    Me?
    Her?
    Fett?
    [i]And who would 'Fett' be?[/i]
    Me?
    Her?
    Something different completely?

It feels strange to take 'Boba Fett' as an abstract concept that works (and lives) independently of either of us. Does that make us expandable? Does that make individuality superfluous? Does it matter if you have a personality, are one, just imitate one? Does it matter what kind of person I am?

It certainly matters when I take off the armour to be myself. Maybe it does not matter during the hunt. It does not matter then. Nothing else matters then. But in-between, before, after; When I accept a bounty, decide who to hunt.
    [i]I compromise myself when I let the hunter decide.
    I compromise myself when I let my ethics decide.
    Am I but a compromise? [/i]

[i]Everybody is but a compromise between their goals and their ethics. Kees compromised all her ethics for the goal of staying alive. [/i]

No. No I am not a compromise. Even in my genes there is no compromise between the dispositions of my parents. No mixing of attributes, no watering down of one aspect or another. There is only one trait, one possibility, one outcome. [i]Does that make perfect?[/i] Predestined, predefined, predetermined. [i]Perfect is nonsense.[/i] But so is predestination.

I know who I was, I know who I could be, but still I have no idea who I really am, or who I want to be. [i]Myself.[/i] Easy enough, but to define the innermost core that makes up who you are is no easier to find now than it was in the asylum. It is like trying to figure out a small, intricate object that is hidden in the middle of a plasbag full of sand. [i]But I know it is there.[/i] And I know nobody can take it form me.

15. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I can't pick a part that I like best, as it's all great. You haven't hit rock bottom yet. [:D]

16. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Yet another great post!

I know who I was, I know who I could be, but still I have no idea who I really am, or who I want to be. Myself. Easy enough, but to define the innermost core that makes up who you are is no easier to find now than it was in the asylum. It is like trying to figure out a small, intricate object that is hidden in the middle of a plasbag full of sand. But I know it is there. And I know nobody can take it form me.

=D=

17. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Alexis.[:D] Maybe I'm too critical with myself, but I'm always afraid an upadte isn't good enough.[face_blush] Thanks for the contiuned support. i means a lot to me.

Thank you Vadey.:) He seems to find himslef slowly, doesn't he?

[u]Entry 37[/u]

The impossible has happened. The news did not filter slowly through the usual channels, it burst into the galaxy like a nova springing from Endor.
    [i]The Emperor is dead.
    The Empire is lost.
    Long live the Republic.[/i]

Of course, it will not be that easy. The rebels would be fools to believe that the Empire will just collapse with Palpatine gone. There are enough power-hungry Moffs and officers around who will try to use the Emperor's demise to their advantage. On Coruscant the struggles will already be in full swing. That will make it easier for the rebels to take the power from the Empire completely, and I don't think the fighting factions realize that. Their lust for power is too great, and many would rather see it taken from the rebels than leave it to a fellow Imperial.

It is a symbolic victory, though. The Emperor, Vader and a good portion of the imperial fleet all done for in one go. It is important to have a reputation, it can do a lot of work for you. I know, and the rebels are about to find out. When you killed the Emperor, people might be much less inclined to mess with you. Exceptions to be expected. I heard they have a Bothan in their ranks. If that is true, infighting is only a matter of time.

Palpatine never allowed aliens in his upper circles, well almost never, and he knew why. Reputation is all very fine, but different species have different views and what might impress one might just make another laugh. It is much easier to deal with minds that think alike, easier to control, easier to manipulate. Take that alleged Bothan. He will act in his typical Bothan ways and soon have annoyed the humans in the new government with what they perceive to be backstabbing. And while he tries time and again to grasp as much power for himself as he can, the humans will react in their typical human ways. Namely try to turn him into a human thinking Bothan.[i] It cannot work.[/i] They might think they understand, but each is just talking to a counterpart that has a completely different mindset. The words they exchange will have little meaning, because they can never mean the same to them.

But that is their problem. First they will have to fight through the imperial strongholds, anyway. [i]I can't see many of the core world change their affiliation any day soon. [/i] It might not yet have occurred to the rebels that not everybody is thinking as they do about the Empire. It might be a hard awakening when they see there were real supporters of the system. Not everybody was threatened into silence. Many have profited from the Empire, they will not approve now.

What does surprise me, though, is the open support of Kuat Drive Yards. They were always known for their vehemently guarded independence. Kuat of Kuat never joined the Empire but made sure that his business was only doing business, no strings attached. His insistence on neutrality put him into a very precarious position, not only with Palpatine, but with everybody else. Many did not trust his claims and others questioned his morality instead. [i]As if that mattered.[/i] Kuat of Kuat lead his business with the same single-mindedness I hunt. Morality is a question that does not come up. If it is good for the business, it is good.

Lorna Kees is still lying low. I do not know why. Latest rumours had it, that she teamed up with Dengar for a while, but though it is clear that Dengar is now retired and married, no word has come about Kees. She is said to have been his best man. Can you believe it? Best [i]man[/i]! But Dengar is not as closemouthed about that, as he is about the time he spent with Kees. Loyalty, if I ever saw it. But why?

Also it seems I am not the only one interested in taking her place, too. Already I have disposed of two other bounty hun

18. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I heard they have a Bothan in their ranks. If that is true, infighting is only a matter of time.

That made me laugh out loud, mostly because it is so very true.

Great update. The emporer is dead, long live the empire. :p

19. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    This post was VERY insightful!

Palpatine never allowed aliens in his upper circles, well almost never, and he knew why. Reputation is all very fine, but different species have different views and what might impress one might just make another laugh. It is much easier to deal with minds that think alike, easier to control, easier to manipulate. Take that alleged Bothan. He will act in his typical Bothan ways and soon have annoyed the humans in the new government with what they perceive to be backstabbing. And while he tries time and again to grasp as much power for himself as he can, the humans will react in their typical human ways. Namely try to turn him into a human thinking Bothan. It cannot work. They might think they understand, but each is just talking to a counterpart that has a completely different mindset. The words they exchange will have little meaning, because they can never mean the same to them.

You summed it up quite nicely! =D=

20. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Isn't it, Alexis? But that's just how Bothans do politics. No wonder Palps didn't want them around.:p And we'll see just how dead the Empire is.

Thanky you Vadey. [face_blush] I think the Alliance would be much better of, if accidentally a noghri had stabbed that Bothan.[face_mischief] And seeing how people here already talk past each other as if they were aliens, I really don't want to see the culutral mess interstellar politics (or simple communication) can be.[face_worried]

[u]Entry 38[/u]

The fall of the Empire was short and it did not land very hard. As expected, many worlds are reluctant to change their loyalties and the rebels have more on their hands with convincing those willing to change that there will be no repercussions of the Empire than with actually gaining new worlds for their scheme. This will change as soon as it becomes clear that they are indeed the winning side, but until then, the road will be difficult.

Not so for the bounty hunting trade. In the aftermath of Endor, a million small conflicts have already resurfaced. Fighting that had been kept at bay by the Empire's merciless punishments are starting to bloom again. Planetary feuds are taken up, long subdued interplanetary wars blaze up, those who got along with their neighbours because they had to, rediscover how nice it had been to hate and fight them.

It is a good time to be a bounty hunter. In this political chaos, there is no legal force strong enough to enforce the laws, the only laws that lasted are the law of the stronger and that of the richer. Money can buy the justice one always sought, independently from annoying paperwork and time-consuming trails. A blaster bolt in the head is a very frequent verdict. For those more vengeful, a prisoner at their disposal is even more desirable, and with no law enforcement on their backs, getting money to purchase fitting services is easy.

There are more commissions that hunters around, and new faces flock to the trade. Quick and easy money is a strong lure, and I do not believe that many of the newcomers really know what they get themselves into. Because to get the money, you first have to capture the prey. And that means you need a ship and equipment. And you will have to take care of that, and make sure you get replacements and supplies. Real bounty hunting is not a cheap business. Also, it is not a game.

And it is not easy to return to a 'normal' life afterwards. Often hunters think it is just a fast way to earn some money, but what they fail to see is, that being a bounty hunter changes you. No matter what you believe, the attitude you need to be successful in this trade is difficult to get rid off again. I could have tried, I could have chosen a different path, but I did not. There was no appeal in the regular paths of a normal life once you got accustomed to the tension of the hunt. The steady rush of adrenaline gets you as addicted as any other drug. What could ever replace that?

[i]Love.[/i]
    Dengar managed to get out of the trade. He married and lives a small life somewhere with his wife and kids. It is quite a feat to have achieved, it is something you really have to want. There is nothing I can think of, which could make me want to stop. Bounty hunting has always been my life. I have been trained to do it. [i]And to become a Mando'a.[/i] I know nothing else. And [i]I have not tried anything else, either.[/i] Why am I trying to justify myself? For whom?
    I am what I am, and it is my decision to remain.

21. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm always so happy to see this one updated! :)

Love.
    Dengar managed to get out of the trade. He married and lives a small life somewhere with his wife and kids. It is quite a feat to have achieved, it is something you really have to want. There is nothing I can think of, which could make me want to stop. Bounty hunting has always been my life. I have been trained to do it. And to become a Mando'a. I know nothing else. And I have not tried anything else, either. Why am I trying to justify myself? For whom?
    I am what I am, and it is my decision to remain.

Another lovely post! =D=

22. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    loved it could you please add me to your pm list?

23. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Great update, and I can't wait for more!

24. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Thank you Vadey. It is always a pleasure to see you, too.:D
    Seems Boba doesn't think love is something for him. Stupid old barve. I'll teach him.[face_mischief]

Of course, Tatooine_Ghost.
    Welcome aboard. I hope you enjoy yourself.

Here's more, Alexis. :D
    I'm happliy obliging with the Tuesdaily fix of Boba Fett.

[u]Entry 39[/u]

So I went back to Tatooine, so what?
    It's not as if I came back to - well, make certain of things. I did fly over the old sarlacc pity, admitted, but I took measurements of the new formations in the dunes. According to those, the beast must have been pretty big. Even with the most dells already filled with new sand by now, the dimensions of the changes is incredible. Where the sarlacc's extensions had rotted away, new ditches had appeared, and they crisscrossed the sand miles around the actual pit.

The pit itself is still there, a crater in the sands. There is no gaping hole at it's bottom anymore, the tendrils of the sarlacc have all dried and rotten, it looks pretty safe. But if you look closely, you can still see the sand slowly sinking in the middle of the hole. I bet it's more treacherous than quicksand, and also more deadly. On a whim I tossed a piece of junk into it and watched it vanish slowly. Though the sarlacc is dead, this is still a nasty place to kill somebody slowly. I will remember this.

I went to find the depot I set up years ago. Since I was already there, I thought it might be a good idea to empty it. With Jabba dead there was no reason to return to this dustball, and I didn't want my spare armour to geo to waste.
    Hand it to Kees, she had already been there. The depot was - not emptied but changed. The pieces of armour looked rusted, the fringes were eroded, the material brittle. I wondered what could have such an effect on Mandalorian steel, it is one of the most durable materials in the galaxy.

When I scratched at the corroded metal, bits came of, and crumbled in the sand. The colour was all but gone, anyway. It must have been the sarlacc. Such a huge creature known to eat anything, must have rather strong digestive juices. Scraping at the breastplate, I wondered how Kees had gotten out. And how it had been, inside that monster. [i]She killed it.[/i] Boba Fett killed it. [i]Kees killed it,[/i] and that is - impressive. [i]Even if I try not to be.[/i] I could have done that. [i]Yes, I could.[/i] I didn't.

The provisions had been refilled, the ammunition only in parts. More exotic bullets were missing, as was all clothing. Not that I was surprised, Kees would not need that either way. All in all, the depot did not look as if she intended to return. I picked up the ammunition and the ration bars. It was strange to feel a little guilty about taking back what was mine. [i]What if she dies of it?[/i] But she would most likely not return. [i]What if she does? [/i] Well, I'll see to it that she has no time to return.

That was also a reason to return. I have been to Tatooine often, if somebody would realize I was not Fett, it would be here. The subtle differences of the markings, the different colour scheme. If somebody noticed, then here. [i]They did not.[/i] I had no trouble passing for myself, my true self. The galaxy does not pay enough attention to detail.

Not that I care, it helps my plans. I strutted around a little in Mos Eisley and Mos Espa, making sure to be seen and taken for Fett. Kees needs to get her attention back to business. Business with me.

I do not think I will come back. Not if circumstances don't demand it. There is nothing for me here in this desert of a planet. And I have left nothing on this desert planet either.

25. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    loved it. can not wait for the next post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.