main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Who, in all Star Wars history, is the most important character.

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Enderan, Nov 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enderan

Enderan Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2006
    I was just wondering who could be considered the most influential character in Star Wars history. I know most of you will say Palpatine or Vader/Anakin or Luke or maybe even Darh Bane but I actually would argue those points.

I believe it to be Darth Revan.

If you think about what he's accomplished and what his teachings influenced you have to admit that Revan, Jedi or Sith, was more influential in the shaping of long term galactic events than even Palpatine.

Revan's legacy and his teachings are what Bane used to reform the Sith and, ultimately, what Palpatine adhered to. If Revan hadn't come into play, the Galaxy would have been in the hands of the Mandalorians long ago and the Sith order we all have come to know and hate/love is a direct reflection of his teachings.

What do ya'll think?

2. VADER312

VADER312 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2005
    the Sandtroopers who burned down the Lars homestead....you heard right! The guy on the Dewback is the most important Star Wars charater ever!!!!

....of course it could be said that perhaps I am a little biased tward my fellow sandtroopers and stormtroopers.

..........................MOVE ALONG!!.................................................

3. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    I dont read so I cant answer this ?.

But I do watch shows and can tell ya the Sandtroopers didnt burn the Lars homestead Beru seemed to be drunk when the Troopers arrived and she had a Thermal detonator hidden in a suitcase that blew up her and Lars. I seen it on a episode of Troops thats its got-to-be true. Right?
    AHHAHA

4. VADER312

Dec 11, 2005
    ah....yes.....filmed on location!

I still have a copy of that.

5. ChaseKeJac

ChaseKeJac Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2006
    I think it's Yoda. I know, alot of rolling eyes, but if you think of the Jedi he trained from Obi to Qui Gon to Dooku to Luke, every Jedi he trained had a huge part in the way the SW universe played out. Maybe if he'd changed one small thing in his training of just 1 of the Jedi, the entire element of Palpatines rise may not have even happened, Anakin may not have been trained or even found by Qui Gon, it's a mind bender for me........

6. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Depends on how you define most important

It could be anyone...depending on what their decisions accomplished.

You could argue Padme...because she cahnged Anakin's destiny (or was a preplanned part of it).

If she hadn't married him in secret, gotten pregnant...then Palpy wouldn't have had his reason for swaying Anakin.

He turned into Darth Vader because of his attatchment to Padme.

Then, in the end of things...his balance was brought full circle...he killed Palpatine to save his son.

Changing the Jedi opinion on attatchment as Luke restored the order....

Like I said depends on how you look at it...

7. Enderan

Aug 30, 2006
    I get what you're all saying and don't really disagree with those points, however...

I still think that Revan has a leg up on all the rest of the people in the Star Wars universe.

Look at what he's accomplished... Defeated the Mandalorians who, as a united race of people, were destroying the Old Republic and saved the Republic and was already one of the most powerful Jedi of his time. Became a Sith, not because he fell to the Dark Side but because of practical reasoning for, Like Jacen Solo, the betterment of the galaxy. Trying to defend them from the "Real threat" or the "Real Sith Empire" that was waiting in the unknown regions of the galaxy (what happened there is still unknown and if anyone from Lucasarts reads this PLEAST MAKE A KOTOR 3).

It was Revan's technique, the thought bomb, that Bane used to execute the remaining Sith Lords of his time so that he could reform the Sith order after the teachings he learned from Darth Revan's holocron. rRevan could also have been the most powerful Sith Lord to have exixted to date, teaching Bane techniques that even Bane admitted he may never be powerful enough to attempt. It was Revan's teachings that made Bane so powerful and those teachings that were passed down for 1,000 years to Palpatine who used them to overthrow the Galaxy. It was those techniques and teachings that Palpatine taught Vader who tought Lumiya who is teaching Jacen Solo now.

Even the most powerful of the Sith Lords of ancient times, Darth Nihilus, was a student of Revan's teachings and, more than 100 ABY Darth Krayt, the newest Sith Lord, is seeking wisdom from Bane and Nihilus through their holocrons, both of which learned from Revan.

Revan's teachings and his actions had a more profound effect throughout galactic history than any other Star Wars character in canon and they still carry on to this day.

I have to say Revan is becoming the most important figure in Star Wars history.

8. Korvyn

Korvyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2005
    R2-D2 hands down.

Think about it.

9. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    I gotta agree with Korvyn. If it wasn't for Artoo, they'd all be dead.

10. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Yoda- where would sw be without the little green guy?

11. ForceConduit

ForceConduit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    Please let's not forget R2D2! Without him restoring those shieds on the T14 Naboo cruiser nothing would've happened. Seriously. All that remained would be Jedi flotsom floating through space. Imagine running into that stuff EWWW!!!!!!!

o_O [face_hypnotized]

12. ForceConduit

ForceConduit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    Yes I'm sending this again!!!! R2D2!!!!!! Yay for the droid! I totally agree with Korvyn!!!

[face_peace]

13. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Just cause you send it twice...doesn't mean he gets two votes...

hee hee hee...

14. Enderan

Aug 30, 2006
    I still say Revan but we're all forgetting about Jar-Jar.

Without him Palpatine wouldn't have gotten the emergency powers and Palpatine wouldn't have been able to create the "Grand Army of the Republic." to save the Jedi on Geonosis.

Things that make you say..."Hmmm"

Seriously though, it's still Revan.

15. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    You know...you just might be onto something with that Jar-Jar thing...

Hmmm....Obi and Qui might not have escaped the battle droids...there would have been no help from the Gungan army....

And all that was before the emergency powers....

Interesting....

16. Enderan

Aug 30, 2006
    I thought you'd think that was interesting. But the real question here is who's influence has reached the farthest in the Star Wars universe? Who's teachings or decisions have had the most long lasting influence on the rest of the Star Wars universe?

Who is that character?

REVAN!!!

17. ti7267

ti7267 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    palptine is the most important if it wasn't for him an Empire wouldn't of been born :)

18. Enderan

Aug 30, 2006
    But what about those who's teachings he followed. He followed Bane's instructions in the Sith order and Bane got those ideas from who...? Revan (reference Darth Bane: Path of Destruction)

19. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    I've never read all of that ancient sith stuff, so I don't know anything about REvan or Bane. Not sure I want to. I'm not that interested in the dark side. I'm usually a light side kinda guy.

If we ignore the stuff I don't know about, and some of the stuff I do--let's just say I'm sticking with MOVIE CANON--It's either Sidious, Yoda, Anakin or Luke.

I would normally choose Luke or the full spectrum Anakin/Vader--if it weren't for his redemption, where would the galaxy be?

But as much as I like them or the little green guy, I'm gonna have to say Sidious. Nearly all the important events of the sextalogy, as much as I hate to admit it, were orchestrated by him.

If I weren't sticking to MOVIE CANON, it may very well be that Sidious acted on the inspiration or example of Revan, but as I haven't read it, and as it is, in the SW spectrum, just a side story, it would be silly of me to argue the point.

20. Enderan

Aug 30, 2006
    Well, if we're going movie cannon alone would actually have to say Anakin. I've often said that the REAL title for the six movies should be "The Tragedy of Anakin Skywalker." The story, in the whole, is about him, his fall and his redemption. Though Sidious was a mastermind and orchestrated all the events Anakin still had to pick his own destiny. Maul wasn't powerful enough to defeat the Jedi and Dooku was older than Palpatine so He couldn't fulfill the goal Sidious had planed... but Vader. He was more than the Apprentice in the relationship he was the fear that held the galaxy in Palpatine's grip. Though people feared the emperor they feard Vader's hand just as much. Vader was his enforcer and his strength. Palpatine could deal in the shadows and work like a politician but Vader was the weapon used.

I think that Anakin, both as a Jedi and as Vader, completed Palpatine's work and without him the whole thing would've fallen appart.

So, movie wise, I think Anakin/Vader is the whole axle the wheel rotates around. No Anakin, no Luke, no Anakin no balance in the Force or Jedi as a whole. If the Jedi weren't killed off and Yoda and Obi-Wan made to see their mistakes and arrogance Luke's Jedi Order would be just as useless as the Jedi of Anakin's day.

But that's just the movies. The question was, "who in all Star Wars history is the most important character?"

Though your point about Palpatine is a good one, I was looking for a discussion on a broader scale. But your point is still a great one.

2 votes for Palpatine,
    2 for R2-D2
    1 for Revan
    1 for Jar-Jar
    1 for Vader/Anakin
    2 for Yoda
    1 for Padme
    2 for Sandtroopers (?)

What!?!?! No Luke arguments?

21. VADER312

Dec 11, 2005
    i'm an anti- light guy, so did bane not make the list?

What about Jango!

and for sure one vote for my MEPD brothers! Sandtroopers all the way! We came, We saw, We cooked your Aunt and Uncle Alive

22. Vader_86

Vader_86 Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2006
    ok i have the most important person in the star wars universe right here right now. I is all of us who follow and keep the universe alive and expanding so i guess that answeres that question.

doesnt it???

23. Astiateu

Astiateu Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2006
    Imma say Qui-Gon because he is the one that picked up on Anakin's potential and went against the Jedi Council when it came to training him and making him a Jedi. If he had followed the decision of the council, Vader wouldn't have ever come to be and the war would have probably ended much sooner.

24. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    For arguments sake...

If Palpy (or some other Sith Lord, but I'm sticking with Palpy) manipulated the midi-chlorians to create the life of Anakin Skywalker, then it could be said that Qui-Gon saved the Galaxy.

Imagine, an Anakin not found, one taken at the right moment to be trained for evil. He might not have had any type of good guy, light side Jedi background....So...because Qui-Gon found him before Palpy/Sidious was ready to initiate him into the ways of the Sith...

Well, then we would have had Dark Anakin without redemption...and where would that have left the Galaxy.

The events were already unfolding for Sidious and his plot to create the war that would give him ultimate control....So, the way I figure it, Qui-Gon screwed up his plans....

Being the smooth secret sith that he was, Sidious covered with a smile and a simple "we'll watch your future closely..."

Or maybe Palpy planned it that way...getting him into the Jedi and ridding the galaxy of the honored defenders of the Galaxy...

I don't know...but, it makes Qui-Gon pretty important....

So that's 2 votes for Qui.

Now, I'll get on my Luke soapbox tomorrow.....

25. Enderan

Aug 30, 2006
    You know, the point about us, the fans, keeping the whole thing alive should actually win this thing hands down.

However, to keep the debate going...

2 votes for Qui-Gon Jinn added to the two for Yoda and Palpatine but in the lead are the Sandtroopers with 3 votes!

Keep 'em coming!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.