main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Who, in all Star Wars history, is the most important character.

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Enderan, Nov 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ti7267

ti7267 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    It's tomorrow BJ your not on the luke soapbox yet :p

2. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    I know, I know...

It's just I was too busy going to Tachi Station to pick up some power converters and I didn't get it done...

And...

I think that they sandtrooper really only has 1 vote as they are all from the same person....sneaky Storm Troopers....hee hee hee

I'll get to the Luke thing soon enough....Just have to think about it a little bit...

3. Astiateu

Astiateu Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2006
    (This is channeled from my beloved character Kharada, the Twi'Lek)

It should be the Twi'Lek race.

First of all, the barely clad females are why many people watch the movies...

Second of all, it has been stated that behind every powerful succussful man (person) there is a Twi'Lek waiting for the moment to kill them and take all of their glory. So, any "most important" figure obviously has a Twi'Lek behind them making it happen.

Finally, Twi'Leks have three tummies - which might not make them the most important, but it's sure neat!

(End transmission from Imperial Prison undisclosed location - Kharada Prisoner 14528476294)

4. Enderan

Enderan Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2006
    Okay, one for the twilek race... Any particular members?

5. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    Ok, I say Anakin Skywalker! As far as I'm concerned, he made the storyline.

@};-

6. ti7267

ti7267 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    hehe don't ask her that she will tell you kharada :)

7. Enderan

Aug 30, 2006
    I've always said that the name of the movies should've always been "The Tragedy of Anakin Skywalker."

8. AGRadministrator

AGRadministrator Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2006
    You know, there's something to be said about the tragedy thing...

Perhaps it wasn't as tragic as we think...

If Anakin hadn't turned, then Palpy would have been forced to make another
    protege...and that one might not have destroyed Palpatine in the moment of his
    return to goodness....

The replacement could have possibly killed off Palpatine and been much worse for the
    galaxy than Palps could ever have been...you never know.

It's fun to sit and think about the "What if's" in life...the little ironies that
    come about in the GFFA...

Thats my two cents on the tragedy theory.

9. Zydraid

Zydraid Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2007
    Here's what I say. Without Palpitine there'd be no Anakin Meaning no Luke or Vader Which is how Star Wars started back in 1977. So I say Palpatine, but who taught him how to turn midechloreans into a person,Plageus.But did he teach himself or did somebody else teach him, if so then it goes farther back than Plageus:confused: [face_thinking]

10. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    R2-D2: Superior Grand Overlord of the Universe.

11. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Awww, I still say Anakin. At least to me, he's the most important character. [face_love]

Lavenderrose @};-

12. Enderan

Aug 30, 2006
    I don't know. I think that Anakin was instrumental in balancing the force and I don't think that Palpatine created Anakin through the force. Maybe Plagieus but not Palpatine.

I also don't think that Palpatine was the most powerful Sith after the line of Darth Bane, since he couldn't control or learn what his master knew. Most Sith Apprentices kill their masters through personal combat, proving that their power had grown to surpass their master's but Palpatine had to do it while his master was sleeping. Though it was his master's weakness that Palpatine exploited it was more his Master's mistake than Palpatine's victory.

I believe the most important character in all Star Wars History, Expanded Universe included, is either Darth Revan, Anakin or Luke (maybe even Jacen Solo if this story keeps getting good), but right now Darth Revan is in the lead for me.

13. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    That's ok. Darth Revan is importantg to you, and Anakin is important to me. Nobody's wrong. :)

@};-

14. Enderan

Aug 30, 2006
    Actually, thinking about it, Plageius couldn't have created Anakin because he had to have been murdered by Palpatine way before Anakin was born and if Palpatine created Anakin why would he even bother with training Darth Maul? It just doesn't make sense to me for either of them to have created Anakin. Anakin must have been a freak of the force.

But I'm not trying to argue the Revan point, I was just saying is all...

15. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    If you look at Palpatine when he's telling Anakin about the "Dark Side" in the opera
    scene in Revenge of the Sith...when you look at how he looks at Anakin when he says "manipulate midichlorians to create life..." (or something like that)...he might as well just hug him right then and say "Hello son."

He trained Darth Maul to pass the time while he was waiting on Anakin to get to the right age to unleash his plans of evil domination.

So, my theory is that Palpy created Anakin...he is the result of manipultaed midichlorians...and Palpy was the one who manipulated them.

So, that might have one cast a vote for Palpatine...

Who knows?

16. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    I personally prefer to believe that Anakin was conceived by the will of the Force. How could Palpatine, as evil as he is, create a boy who had a heart of gold during childhood, or more so, who would turn on Palpatine at the end of his life and turn good again? Like the devil, he was merely full of lies. He promised to save Padme, and instead of saving her, succombing to Palpatine's influence led to Anakin (then Darth Vader) killing her. Like Qui Gon had said, the "chosen one" was to bring balance to the Force, not ultimate destruction. But then I guess it's all a matter of point-of-view. I'm a Light Side kind of girl.

@};-

17. Enderan

Aug 30, 2006
    I'm with Lavender Rose. I don't think that Palpatine could create life in the Force otherwise he wouldn't have ever let that life get away from him. Anyone with that much force potential couldn't be allowed to get out of the hands of the Sith Lord and join the Jedi.

My theory on Plageus' power is that he could influence the midichlorians to create life when life should be passing. Not just create life from nothing. Palpatine said, "He could save others from death, but not himself." That seems like he had the ability to ward off death in those he cared about by influencing the midichlorians to revive that person and restore them to health.

Palpatine never had that power or he would've created the perfect apprentice and never let him go. Once fully trained in the ways of the Sith and focused Palpatine wouldn't have a chance against a being so powerful. This being would, if properly trained, be FAR more powerful than any Jedi or Sith that ever existed. Anakin didn't reach that potential because of the flawed training Obi-Wan gave him (reference Legacy of the Force: Bloodlines) and the lack of training Palpatine gave him. Palpatine craved power above all else and would not relenquish (sp) to anyone, even when the natural order dictated so.

I think that Palpatine couldn't do it, nor could Plagius or any other person. I think Anakin was the will of the Force and, by bringing a human touch to the Jedi and Almost totally destroying the Sith Order he brought the will of the force to light.

Balance.

18. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Hmmm....Most important character for this week:

Count Dooku.... He cut of Anakin's arm and led to his killing Dooku out of vengenance thus helping with his fall to the darkside. He better be glad he didn't kill Kenobi or he's have fangirls trying to kill his dead spirit... (that last part was a joke)

19. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Are we all out of opinions here or what?

My character of the week.

Tenel Ka.

Why? Because she fights one armed and her lightsaber looks really cool.

20. NELFD123

NELFD123 Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2007
    My vote is for the Kimonians. They brewed up all the clones, and without them the Republic would not have been able to conquer the droid armies and eventually wipe out the remaining Jedi. If the Jedi council would have still been intact, the Empire never would have taken power and Anakin probably could have been salvaged much sooner. Yes, the creators of the clones were probably the most INFLUENTIAL on the flow of the storyline. (I agree that we are all right because its all speculation, I just want to keep the thread going)

21. Enderan

Aug 30, 2006
    Well... If you consider the clones you have to consider their template, Jango. I know the cloners did well in training them and breeding them but Jango was selected for the natural ability he had. If it wasn't for his flawless skills and natural ability the clone troops would've been much less formidable. I think that someone should follow through on the idea that the ep II book brought out but wasn't done... a legion of force sensitive clones trained in the ways of the Sith to bring order to the galaxy. That would've been something.

Also just to keep the thread going.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.