O.C, CA Who in the OC Chapter has a costume?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by SRB_Jedi_Knight, Jul 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Okay, here is the question I will have my Jedi robes completed by sometime in Sept. or Oct. Is there anybody else here who has a costume? I'm sure some of you do, I'm just curious as to how many of you.
  2. LordJedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I have Jedi robes as well. I need a better belt for it though. A friend of mine is gonna help me build a stormtrooper costume also.
  3. darth_avery Jedi Youngling

star 3
    My mom is going to teach me how to sew and then we can start making a padme amidala costume but we haven't decided which one. we expect to be done by Oct.
  4. zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan

star 4
    hi;

presently working on mine. have the boots, but need to modify them a bit, then dye them a dark brown. i have nine light sabers, currently dismantling them to try and make my own, as a jedi knight should do, that lights up has sounds and has a blade the will retract and lock. had to have a special tool made to get inside them. thank GOD for engineers. robe is being made should be ready by sept. tunic and obi should be done before then. ordering a belt...if you want info on that let me know...have food capsules, but need to paint them. if anyone has any questions, it will be my pleasure to help any knight.

may the force be with you
  5. darth_avery Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I have a whole power point show of costumes. i did the show for my school's sw club. if anyone wants to pm their email address to me I could prolly send it to you. i also know a few good websites and patterns that you can get from fabric stores. i've searched the costuming forums for hours looking for this kind of stuff. most of it is padme costumes but i have variations of jedi, handmaidens, princess leia, tusken raiders, imp officers, x-wing/TIE fighters, blasters and lightsabers.
  6. AurraS1ng Jedi Youngling

I *used* to have a costume that I made and was quite proud of. Alas, it fell apart about a year ago. I didn't plan on making it for long term use, unfortunately, merely a Halloween gathering.

You can see an idea of it [link=http://girliecakes.org/other/atar1g1rl_2.jpg]here.[/link] I need to scan in the full body shots one of these days, just been too lazy and slightly shy- heh.

Nothing spectacular and I wasn't hardly as thin as Carrie Fisher in ROTJ, but it received a good reaction, none the less. ;)

I'll be hopefully working on a new more permanent costume before Halloween. Don't know which one, though.
  7. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan

star 4
    This is great. I'm happy to see others working on costumes. I'm going to comic con on sat the 4 and will be picking up my parksaber from Jeff at the show.

I have the numbers for 2 really good patterns to make the outer and inner tunics and another one for the outer robe along wityh custom tweaks which need to be done for the hood to look right in anyone needs them just PM me and I can e-mail them to you.
  8. chibiangi Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm trying to get together the material for padame's grey dress, but it's going slow. At this rate, I'll be lucky if it's done by my birthday.
  9. darth_avery Jedi Youngling

star 3
    not fair!!!
    i want a parksaber for my birthday! my dad said no. my mom just laughed at me and asked if i was serious.
    :(
  10. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan

star 4
    just remember if you go to the Con then you can pick up a saber there. If not and you order it you will have to wait 8-10 weeks to get one.

If you get the Defiance at the Con it comes with a covertech clip.
  11. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight

star 6
    Last year I paid $275 for a lightsaber from Jeff Parks and he charged me $25 for the clip. He has said that he will have a special price for the people at the comic con this year. I am hoping the price is substantially less than $275 as I was thinking of getting another one.
  12. Theatrix Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I have a number of costumes both Star Wars and none Star Wars.

Some of them include

Vader
    Imperial Stormtrooper
    Imperial Naval Trooper (i.e. Death Star Trooper)
    Clonetrooper
    Imperial Technician

Rebel Fleet Trooper

I also have a host of Medieval type outfits.

Tim
    aka Theatrix
  13. darth_avery Jedi Youngling

star 3
    For those of you who pm me about the ppt show on costumes: It's way to big to send in and email so here are the websites i went to in order to make the show. the sites are way cool!!!

www.azeem2000.com/index.shtml

http://jedigarb.tripod.com/

http://tatooine.fortunecity.com/swampthing/97/

http://littleowl.com/costumes/jedi.htm

www.jedi-academy.com/

http://members.rogers.com/james.suave/jedi/index.htm

www.angelfire.com/scifi/sithwoman/

www.padawnsguide.com

www.parksabers.com

hope it helps those of you making a costume!
    -DA
  14. zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan

star 4
    hi; i can offer help on anyone who needs help making a jedi knight uniform from EP1 or EP2. any questions please feel free to email me at zhidon@aol.com i did a whole bunch of research on it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.