main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Who is defeated most honorably in Prequel trilogy?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by mihaitzateo, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    I'd have to say Qui Gon, he gives his life for Padme's plan and his Padawan defeats his killer and becomes a Jedi shortly after. He gets in his last words with Obi Wan and his wishes granted.

2. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    I go with Qui-Gon as well.

3. Baks

Baks Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 30, 2003

There was hardly any honour in that fight, especially considering Obi's actions at the end of the fight.

He cruelly leaves his friend to burn to death, rather than saving Anakin or outright killing him.

4. Rey_

Rey_ Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 30, 2015
    I disagree.

They fought cleanly, fairly and for their beliefs. When it reached check ate, Obi-Wan said "don't try it" to Anakin, who ignored the advice, and Obi-Wan did what he had to (despite not wanting to).

5. Baks

Apr 30, 2003
    I disagree with that statement entirely.

Obi wanted Anakin to die a long and painful death when he choose to let him burn to death. Obi was hardly being Jedi like or honourable at all when he opted for that choice.

The more honourable thing for Obi to do was either save Anakin or put him out of his misery rather than what he did.

Hence why Obi deserves and merits all the criticism he gets for his disgusting actions on Mustafar.

DARTHLINK likes this.
  6. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    Yes, I have thought sometimes in the past at this variant:
    -Count Dooku let himself killed by Anakin having a lot of trust in the dark side of the Force. Count Dooku wants the good of Sith order.
    Since Anakin is better with the dark side than him, he accepts it and does not tell anything about Senator Palpatine being Darth Sidious.
    If things are seen like this, than Count Dooku dies with a lot of dark side honor :) .
    But I forgot, when I started this thread.

7. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    I agree with you; if I were in Obi's position, I would've just given Anakin a mercy kill. It would not have taken that long to Force Shove him into the lava. I thought the Jedi were supposed to be compassionate, but guess that doesn't count when their enemy is limbless and on fire.

8. Rey_

Rey_ Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 30, 2015
    That's not he jedi way. It's the difference between Anakin killing Dooku impulseively, and Obi-Wan not killing someone who he saw as "his brother". That's my 2 cents

9. Baks

Apr 30, 2003

What Obi did wasn't definitely the Jedi way.

Then again the Jedi in the film's have made numerous other dubious decisions throughout the saga.

Like using the Clone army in AOTC, despite knowing that the Clones where created by Sifo Dious, an apparently former rogue Jedi.

Their questionable motives to ask Anakin to spy on Palps, even knowing full well that Anakin was uncomfortable with this.

Or like Mace acting like judge, jury and executioner in the confrontation with Palps.

Obi deliberately lying to Luke in ANH, when he asks Obi about what happened to his father.