Who is going to AOTC IMAX November 1st?

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by Darth Dowe, Oct 23, 2002.

?

Who is going to AOTC IMAX November 1st?

Poll closed Nov 2, 2002.
Yes, I will be there! 14 vote(s) 66.7%
No, I cannot attend. 7 vote(s) 33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIEace Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It was awesome. :D

Can't wait for the DVD!
  2. idarii Jedi Master

star 4
    if you haven't checked already, i posted some pictures from the IMAX :)
  3. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    I just sent in all the pics you guys posted on the MSN group.Hopefully they l;ike em and post em on SW.com.

I also got a really cool email thanking us from Steve Sansweet.here it is:

From the desk of Steve Sansweet...

Dear Fellow Fans--
    We just wanted to say an extra big THANK YOU, as befits the extra-big screen extravaganzas that you put on at dozens of IMAX theaters across the U.S. and Canada this weekend. As you know, this is the first time we've called upon members of the 501st Legion, various FanForce groups and other independent Star Wars fan clubs to join together on such a massive scale. The results were incredible!
    Based on reports back from you, theater owners, and the public--as well as the hundreds of photos you have sent to date--it is clear that fans and the public in general had a wonderful time both seeing Attack of the Clones on the IMAX screen and seeing all of you show your enthusiasm for Star Wars in so many different ways.
    In case you haven't heard, this weekend was one of the biggest openings ever for an exclusive IMAX release. That's even more amazing since Attack of the Clones was initially released just a few months ago, and the DVD comes out Nov. 12. But now you know that The IMAX Experience is a totally different way of, well, experiencing a Star Wars movie.
    We know that many of your groups have planned other IMAX activities, since the movie will be at most theaters through Dec. 24 (some a shorter time, some longer).
    In addition to that, we'd like to suggest that if you enjoyed the movie on the IMAX screen you encourage every member of your group to send an email with their reactions to 10 or 20 of their friends, sharing with them the fun that they had seeing the movie. And we need to remind people that Attack of the Clones: The IMAX Experience will only be on the BIG screen until Christmas Eve in most theaters, so time is of the essence. By doing that we can make sure that there is a good-sized fan contingent at most of the screenings through the holiday season, thus making everyone's enjoyment level higher.
    As before, if you have any questions please feel free to ask us.
    Best regards,
    Steve and Paul

Once again great job guys,cant wait for another event like this to happen!!

EDIT: I moved all the Imax pics into their own folder.Just wanted to let ya know in case you went looking for em ;)

Enjoy!
  4. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Looks sweet! We should do some photoshopping of the sabers for the ones that aren't already done.
  5. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    Your wish is my command, Dave:

[image=http://www.bostonrebels.net/images/imaxgroup.jpg]

No scary red eyes! :)
  6. IG_88a Jedi Master

star 4
    on the star wars email i just recieved i saw this:

In Boston, MA, fan groups will include costumed Jedi training young candidates in the Jedi arts and lightsaber skills. Fans will also be raising donations for the New England Aquarium's Education Program through photo opportunities on November 1.
  7. Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Master

star 4
    I finally found the pic of me and the guy dressed as Boba Fett. It's didn't come out too well though.

[image=http://www.501neg.com/images/imax/boston/DCP_2622.JPG[/image]
  8. Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Master

star 4
    Oops. Sorry about that.

[image=http://www.501neg.com/images/imax/boston/DCP_2622.JPG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.