main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Who Is going to Celebration IV in May 2007?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Quick2, Sep 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quick2

Quick2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2006
    I was just wondering how many of you will make this trip to LA? How many have got a motel room booked already? As for me ...I booked a room at Ramada Inn Limited Downtown LA ..a little more a mile from LACC. Peace, Quick2

2. XecoFreemoon

XecoFreemoon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2004
    Ohh... I'm going of course. I have not booked a room anywhere yet, I have great faith the Force will guide me so whatever happens will happen. Also I'll be driving down. Maybe early, maybe not. We'll see.

3. brigandarklung

brigandarklung Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    As it goes right now I am taking the train down and staying with my dad in Corona.

4. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    Hey - the train! That's our latest thought on transportation down there.

We first thought we were going to fly, but it looks like all three of us will be making the trip (flying has now become too expensive). It's about $600 cheaper to take the train...

-Kyle

5. brigandarklung

brigandarklung Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    Ya it is way cheaper, but you have to endure two days on a train. Most people don't like that part.

6. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    I'm still planning on going..... it is the saving part that I am having the most difficulty with. Life happens, ya know?

7. Ayn

Ayn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    Ive traveled cross country many times on the train. If you get a sleeper compartment, its very nice and relaxing. Meals and drinks (aside from adult beverages from the bar) are included in the cost and each compartment has a sink and an outlet. On most of my trips Ive also had a compartment with a private bathroom, although that does cost more. I brought my laptop plus ipod, books, and Nintendo Gameboy/DS. The service and staff were excellant. I usually had phone service for almost the entire trip and even was able to get the internet at a few stops. I enjoyed it every time and would highly recommend the train. However, if cost is a concern, the sleeper is often much more expensive then flying. The people in coach look kind of cramped and unhappy, so that may not be the best way to go :(

8. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I plan on going, unless family matters do not permit.

Please see my intro. topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.