main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Who is going to Celebration #something

Discussion in 'Community' started by Only-One Cannoli, Jan 22, 2015.

1. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    i may actually go to the london one next yr. if episode 7 doesn't turn me off.

2. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I'm betting the next US Celebratin will be in Orlando again. With the franchise being owned by Disney, switching back and forth between Anaheim and Orlando is something one could easily see them doing.

3. Boba Nekhbet

Boba Nekhbet Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Sooo, is there any basis for people talking about the next US one being in 2017? If they continue to be in the spring of odd-numbered years I'm never going to be able to make it unless I drastically change my career plans. If they move it back to Augusts, that'd be great for me. Honestly, I'm more likely to go to London 2016 than I am to anywhere in spring of 2017. I was already pretty bummed that I had to miss what was probably the best Celebration ever in terms of programming and news, if I can never go again it'll be really, really sucky. :(

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    This time of year is horrible for me at work as well. If I can financially swing the London one, I'll be there. Summer cons are much better, even summer in Orlando or Anaheim.

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The next one should be in Minnesota.

*cries*

Kiki-Gonn likes this.
  6. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Is it too late for me to judge people based on their choice to go or not go?!

Sith-Lord-Gunray likes this.
  7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Boba Nekhbet -- speaking with some parents of younger kids at the con (the Starbucks lines in the morning were 15-20m long), the August times sucked for them, as it was the beginning of school -- but pulling them out in April was fine. So, even if it moves back to Orlando (which it should) it may not be in August. :(

All is just rumor and happenstance at the moment, as the only thing we have confirmed is London in July (which is the super, most expensive time for London during the year).

8. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    I mean, everything's inconvenient for someone. When it was in August I remember people complaining, but they didn't change it for C5 and 6. In April there are also people complaining. I'm not sure a couple people with kids you talked to in line are going to have sway over the scheduling.

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

No, but attendance going down for C5/6 and then doubling for C7 might...

10. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    Uh, there were no new movies coming out when C5 and C6 happened?? That's comparing apples to, like, an award winning homemade apple pie.

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

So why didn't you schedule a movie in those years to get them to do the cons in August every year then? Bad lawmaker! BAD!

I'm just saying, the new datapoint we have suggests April is good. Whether that's an invalid data point because they expected the movie in May when they scheduled April, who knows. But the only OTHER datapoint we have is the next Celebration before a movie is scheduled for July.

I'd love July in Orlando.

12. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    Orlando any time of year would be convenient for me as I have family in the area and I'm a Disney Vacation Club member with points to burn. Orlando/Anaheim is just a guess at this point, but both places have good convention centers with plenty of nearby lodging and easy access to Disney parks. It is up in the air at this point as numbers are likely still being crunched, attendees counted, economic impacts being tabulated and schedules being studied. For all we know they'll throw us for a loop and announce Celebration Boise for January 2017.

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Anyone going to Comic Con this summer? My lady friend and I might be going to either that or one of the smaller conventions.

14. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    yeah, pretty sure attendance is up this time because they started making new star wars movies again and not because there's no school in april.

btw there is school in april.

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Wocky, you should personally apologize to me that your highest aspiration in life is not hanging out with me for a few hours.

And no, I will not let it go until you do.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

16. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    Several of the earlier Celebrations have been in years where a film was coming out. It likely does drive the numbers up a bit, but this one was bigger than any others I have ever been to.

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Well, there will now be a film and a Celebration every year, so there you go.

Sith-Lord-Gunray likes this.
  18. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Alternating Celebrations between Orlando and Anaheim makes a lot of sense. Either way, I hope to be at the next one.

19. Caode

Caode Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 8, 2015
    London is tempting since it'd only be about an hour journey by plane. I've been thinking though of leaving it a few years and hitting up the a Celebration in the US and make a bit of a holiday out of the whole thing too while I'm there.

Kiki-Gonn likes this.
  20. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Orlando would be awesome because I will be living there and I won't have to spend money on planes and lodging like you people hahahahaha

21. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Party at Dave's house everyone!

22. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    GO AWAY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    I can't wait [face_skull]

24. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014

*except Jake Lloyd

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah he had his chance!

Missa ab iPhona mea est.