main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who is going to line up at their MIDNIGHT Release for the ROTS DVD on October 31st, Halloween?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by XenoSkywalker, Jul 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XenoSkywalker

XenoSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    I'm just curious as to how many people on this board are going to line up on October 31st before Midnight.

I definitely am going to be doing that, and I probably won't dressup, but I KNOW that there will be people dressed up, and I KNOW that I'll get a good deal on the DVD, and I KNOW that there will be SOME kind of freebies being given out, and I KNOW that I like to line up for these type of Events, and I KNOW that I love Star Wars. :)

EDIT: I think that I will be "Forced" to dress up, so as not to stand out amongst the VAST majority of fans that will be dressed up for the Event of the DVD purchase as well as that little thing known as Halloween..... :p

2. ObiJuanQuito

ObiJuanQuito Jedi Youngling star 5

May 20, 2005
    I dont understand why these days people bother waiting in line to get movies or games.
    I know before in the past, supplies were limited. But these days, you can go to any pharmacy or supermarket and pick up item.

I have never in my life pre-order or waited in line for any movie or game. I usually go to the Kmart next to my job the morning its released and pick up my item....

That was just like these dweebs who waited 2 weeks or more in line to get there ticket to see ROTS.. I went an hour before the midnight showing, got tickets and great seats...

[face_thinking]

3. jaw62901

jaw62901 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    I probably won't wait until midnight like I did for the OT to be released on DVD, because only one place did that. I will preorder it at best buy or someplace like that and pick it up at lunch on the first. I wonder when you will beable to start preordering ROTS.

However, I will be watching them straight through from 1-6 on the 1st.

4. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I'll probably go, just so I don't have to worry about getting it after school.

5. XenoSkywalker

May 28, 2005

You get FREE GOODIES!!!!!!!!!!

I got a Movie Theater Sized Return of the King Poster!!!!!!!! when I lined up for the Extended Edition version... ;) :D

THAT'S why you line up for a DVD Purchase.

Same goes for Attack of the Clones, TTT, and FOTR.....

Oh, yeah, and that little Line-Up event at my local Best Buy for the Original Trilogy Purchace.... where some of the 501st members showed up and made their "Presence" known to all! :)

6. ObiJuanQuito

May 20, 2005
    Really.. I didnt know that..

hmmm, thats interesting and I guess worth waiting in line...

But i think i'll just do what i normally do and pick it up that morning...

BTW, Wasnt bashing anyone who waits in lines..

7. DarthTornado

DarthTornado Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2004
    I lined up for TPM, AOTC, and the OT boxset. I will definitely be lining up for ROTS, probably with some kind of Star Wars shirt or something on (speaking of which, did any of you guys get the new one from the OS? with the whole 'Vader Lives' design).

8. jedixesiria

jedixesiria Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 28, 2005
    I don't know I hope there is going to be alot of DVD and they don't sell out.Does anyone know the $ ?

9. XenoSkywalker

May 28, 2005
    The MAXIMUM price that the ROTS DVD should be at a Best Buy on opening night, should be $15.99.

AFTER the first week of ROTS being on "Sale", it should jump up to the 19.99 price point.

Or I will be wrong. :)

10. xIntoxicationx

xIntoxicationx Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2003
    The only things that have been entirely sold out in the past decade ( i think ) were buzz lightyear toys, (toy story 1) and tickle me elmo werent they? Im not the type to wait in line for the dvd, but to wake up and go get it the next day.

11. jaw62901

jaw62901 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    $15.99-$17.99 on sale depending on where you get it and $19.99-$22.99 reg price sounds about right.

12. jedixesiria

Jun 28, 2005
    How about the box set's $ and when does it come out?

13. XenoSkywalker

May 28, 2005

Then you get NO FREE GOODIES, and you don't get to hang with some Star Wars fans, and reminisce ONE, LAST, TIME!!!!!!!!!! :D

Peace.

14. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I've never gotten free goodies at a midnight release. I think for me it's just the prospect of getting something before the majority of other people do.

15. XenoSkywalker

May 28, 2005
    If they release the Prequel Trilogy Boxset on the Same Night, and if it is On Sale for the same price that my local Best Buy had it for, then it should be purchasable at the price of about 31.99-34.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

16. jedixesiria

Jun 28, 2005
    I will wait and get it when it is best for me to get.I would rather have the box set.I will all be in there and all come together and be a center pease on my entertainment center.My life will be complete.

17. halfwits-r-us

halfwits-r-us Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    I'll just reserve it at Suncoast or get at Costco, I won't wait on Halloween, although I guess I should dress up like a star wars character this year.

18. ___Obi-1___

___Obi-1___ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2004
    Two words:

Pre-order...

___Obi-1___

19. GeneralGrievous1

GeneralGrievous1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2005
    I'm not sad enough to do that.

20. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    I'm not going.

21. jedixesiria

Jun 28, 2005
    I am talking about all six eps. I thank it will be more or about $100.00 dollors.

22. ObiJuanQuito

May 20, 2005
    The six set is going for $89.99

23. DarthDestiny

DarthDestiny Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2005
    I wouldn't mind getting in line for it, it's my mother that disapproves. I had to beg and plead for her to let me see it at midnight when it premiered. Besides why not just pre-order it?

24. colivo

colivo Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 25, 2004
    I will pick up at Best Buy on November 1

I get off at work at 4:00 p.m. and Best Buy is on my way home, so I will pick it up then. I will probably goto the deleted scenes first.

25. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    Yes I might wait in line in costume if not I will wear one of my Darth Vader shirts. My only 2 choices for midnight is Walmart and Media Play hopefully one of them will have some freebees if not I will wait to go to Target at 8am Nov 1st

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.