Who is going where?

Discussion in 'Raleigh, NC' started by CORRAN1980, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CORRAN1980 Jedi Padawan

Which Theater is everyone camping at? Raleigh Grande, Southpoint, Crossroads? Lemme know.
  2. Starburstlvr Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm currently in Wilmington, NC, but plan to go back to where I got my Ep I tickets - Raleigh Grande. I'll be there May 8th, camping out for Ep II tickets that should go on sale May 9th! Hope to see alot of you there!
  3. CORRAN1980 Jedi Padawan

Kewl, I used to live in Wilmington. Hope to see you there.
  4. Garindan_the_Kubaz Jedi Padawan

Raleigh Grande for sure. It's a great theatre, and closest to where I work. Can't wait! Less than two weeks to go!
  5. Starburstlvr Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yep, I'll be in line May 8th! I'm really looking forward to it. I must tell my Episode I story. I planned to wait in line for tickets and possibly camp out, but Raleigh Grande had it well publicized that because of insurance reasons they weren't going to let anyone camp out. So I get to Raleigh and finally call the Grande at about 8pm and asked when they were going to allow ppl to get in line and the girl said "Oh there's already a line" Oh crap I thought and grabbed a sleeping back, some drinks and went to the theater. I was 161 in line. I think in the end I was around 150 something. But I camped out, had an amazing time and a ton of fun. Unfortunately, I didn't bring any sunscreen so I got a bit of a sunburn. So, for all of you who intend to hang out with me on the 8th and 9th - make sure to bring your sunscreen!
  6. dinoX Jedi Knight

star 3
    May 8th. My bday. :D

I won't be camping out though. I'm gonna get tickets for a Friday showing. Last year, I was able to go to the Grande on the opening day and get tickets for a morning showing - that wasn't sold out. So I'm not to worried. I may go get tickets from the Carmike 15 on Atlantic now - even though its not as comfortable as the Grande, its closer to me and tickets are already on sale. Eh well.
  7. Starburstlvr Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah, I know how you feel - when I called Crossroads in Cary and they said they still had midnight show tickets - well, I'm going to get them there. I do hope the Grande gets the film though - but it looks like I probably won't camp out this time around :(
  8. chuckreis Jedi Knight

star 1
    The waiting in line last year was fun, but the sleeping outside sucked. Being three years older now I would have to say that it would have sucked even more.

I am looking forward to the Crossroads line though. Sounds like it will be a good time, heck I am even dragging my roommate out for it and she hates this stuff.
  9. Starburstlvr Jedi Knight

star 1
    The only thing that sucked about sleeping outside was not getting much sleep - then again it was highly entertaining, lol.
  10. waynehead Jedi Knight

star 1
    Crossroads - it's huge, impersonal, and owned by a corporation that gleefully calls itself 'consolidated.' But hey, they had the tickets on sale.

See y'all there.
  11. chuckreis Jedi Knight

star 1
    I guess I should ammend my comment. Sleeping on the cement killed my back :) The outdoors is a nice place.

Crossraods has to be the second best cinema in the Triangle, with the new Southpoint being the best. Big and impresonal yes, but then again when you are goign to see corporate movies who cares, now the Chelsa for a movie like Chasing Amy is nice.
  12. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Master

star 4
    ...wave of the hand...
    You will like Crossroads. I'm hosting a party there. There will be lots of fun and prizes. Crossroads at midnight is the theater you are looking for. You won't have a bad feeling about this. Move along....
  13. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 5
    [monotone]Crossroads at midnight is the theater I am looking for[/monotone]

;) Yup, I'm going to the midnight show at Crossroads. :D
  14. chuckreis Jedi Knight

star 1
    You know things are going downhill when we are doing the jedi mindtrick on the message board. :)
  15. Starburstlvr Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sorry, I won't be going to Crossroads. As I said in some other thread - I got a job at a nice big 16 screen Carmike theater. Can we say *free* AOTC screenings? muah ha ha ha.... No, I'm not bragging, no, not at all :)
  16. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Master

star 4
    Geez! I'm hosting this gig, and I still had to pay for mine!<br><br>(jedi mindtrick on all of NC Triangle except those here on FanForce Raleigh)
    You will give us Raleigh FanForce people who missed buying tickets for the midnight shows. You will all give us your tickets NOW. We will pay regular price. Not no steenkin' $100 each like those idiots on eBay in Seattle. sheesh...Regular price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.