main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who is Mara Jade's father?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by EmpressMara, Sep 9, 2001.

?

Who is Mara Jade's father?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. an unknown Jedi Knight

43.5%
  2. Obi-Wan Kenobi

15.3%
  3. Palpatine

9.4%
  4. other

31.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmpressMara

EmpressMara Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2001
  2. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    palpitine.

3. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    We have no evidence either way.

That seems to be my quote of the day. Personally, I don't bother making theories or guessing until I know more or something piques my interest.

4. jedi-thespian

jedi-thespian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2001
    Are you mad? EVERYONE knows that Obi-Wan Kenobi is Mara's father! (well, that's popular opinion in the Fan Fiction section...)

5. EmpressMara

EmpressMara Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2001
    This is all in fun, guys. I think it would be interesting if she were Palpy's kid. They both have red hair, and Mara did look up to him as a kind of father-figure. She believed that she was the only one who could "hear" his voice from anywhere in the Galaxy. That is a very special kind of force-bond, very unique. Could they be related? It would also be interesting if Obi-Wan was her dad. "Ben" appeared to Luke for the last time at the beginning of HttE, the adventure in which Luke and Mara meet for the first time. Luke also thought he heard "Ben's" voice when Mara was giving birth to Ben Skywalker. Was Obi-Wan present at the birth because he was concerned about his grandson? It would be cool if that were true. This is all just speculation. Maybe Mara's dad was a Jedi who was killed in the Great Purge. Perhaps he'll make a cameo in Episode III. :) Or maybe it was the midi-chlorians.... ;)

6. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    It says Palps got Mara from somewhere. BUT...I reckon it could have been 'Vader's Kids Syndrome', aka hiding the kids so they don't become warped sith like their father. Maybe Palps somehow seeked out Mara...and found her!

7. Europa

Europa Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2001

No... NO! Mara Jade's father was seen in the movie, Return of the Jedi. Her father was wore in blue clothes standing behind Palpatine when Palpatine talking to Darth Vader about he felt Luke on the moon, Endor.

8. ShadesOfGrey

ShadesOfGrey Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2001
    If it is the guy in blue robes (how did you find THAT out?) the he is listed in the Offical visual dictionary as a Coruscant dignitary but it never identifies him as her father. In another Offical source, The Essential Guide to Characters, it says that it was rumored the Palpatine had her parents murdered.

9. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    yeah, I'll go for the midichlorians

10. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Some random guy; we have no true idea.

11. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    It's Mace Antilles, the John Smith of the SW universe. ;)

12. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    it cant be obi but i wont tell U why because its an ep 2 spoler.

13. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Jedi can't **** other women. That spoiler? ;) Heh heh. Well, maybe not exactly the same spoiler, but in the same boat. It's really minor actually, because the JA books have a similiar situation with Qui-Gon and Tahl.

Seriously, Obi-Wan could have gotten some hooker behind the Jedi Temple for all we know.

I can just see him smoking a cigarette and dropping some coins on the table by the bed. Hooker : "What should we call her?"
    Obi-Wan : "Eh, uh...Mara. I have to go now. Bye."

14. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Qui Gon Jinn is Anakin's father! The proof is in his meeting with Shmi Skywalker.

QGJ: Who was the father?
    [Translation: Dang it. He's mine, isn't he?]

SS: There was no father... (blathers on about Anakin's conception, making it up as she goes along)
    [Translation: Darn right he is. You're going to owe me big time for this.]

Also, given the Skywalker's tendency towards incest, I think that it is likely that QGJ is also Mara Jades grandfather, from a previous affair. The timing can't work out for her to be his daughter, but a child of QGJ would certainly be strong in the Force, and pass it on to his child. This means that Luke and Mara are actually cousins, sharing the same grandfather!

15. Jedimama

Jedimama Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 1999
    Mara got her Force sensitivity from her mother. Her father was just some random guy.
    Not palpatine. That is just wrong. *shudder*

16. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    We don't know who her father is.

17. ShadowChaser

ShadowChaser Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2001
    It's not Palps. I have read in one of the essential guides that Palpatine found Mara and took her away from her parents when she was 6. That would indicate he wasn't a parent. However, maybe it was Obi...there's about as much chance of it being him as there is of it being any other Jedi.

That's why I voted for an unknown Jedi.

18. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Well, just to be pedantic about it, it actually said it is "rumored" Palpatine had taken the child away from her parents.

Rumors aren't locked in stone.

19. Schildawg

Schildawg Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 1999
    She is Darth Vader's offspring. You know how Luke has a thing for sisters...

20. AthyraFire

AthyraFire Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2001
    this is some interesting speculation, guys. :) if Obi-Wan (whom i am in love with) is truly Mara's father, that would explain why I think Mara's so cool.

but the possibility of Palpy being her father... ewww. that's just disgusting. i think i speak for most women when i say that i'd never let that horrible, decrepit, vile being anywhere near me.

chances are, Mara's parents are no one we know, and she is not related to any of the main characters. i like that idea. if you start getting everyone related to everyone else, it becomes more like a soap opera than anything.

21. ShadowChaser

Aug 30, 2001
    Hehe, what woudl be really funny is if somewhere down the road in the NJO, Luke were to discover that Mara really is a long lost sister...perhaps Vader's offspring by another mother? (I mean, the guy was Sithslime, I'm sure he did his share of fooling around).

Whatever would they do then? hehe, funny to think about.

22. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    It's someone other than an established character. The last thing the SW Universe needs is more of these "I am your father, I built Threepio, my sister has it" moments. I think it's either an average person or a Jedi.

23. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Siri is her mother.

24. ShadowChaser

Aug 30, 2001
    Siri Gallia? Why do you say that?

25. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    Mara Jade's father could have easily been a Force sensative human who didn't know he had Jedi potential.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.