1. Post spoilers in the official The Force Awakens spoiler thread only, using a spoiler tag! Violators will be banned!

Who is Mara Jade's father?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by EmpressMara, Sep 9, 2001.

?

Who is Mara Jade's father?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
an unknown Jedi Knight 37 vote(s) 43.5%
Obi-Wan Kenobi 13 vote(s) 15.3%
Palpatine 8 vote(s) 9.4%
other 27 vote(s) 31.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedimama Jedi Master

star 3
    Out of curiosity... why does everyone assume Mara must have gotten her Force powers from her father..?
    Why not her mother..?
    The Solo kids have a non-jedi father and they are all quite strong.
    I still maintain that Mara's father was just some normal guy. Her mom was either a Jedi or at least an individual with untapped Jedi potential.
    Femme power! :D
  2. _JM_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Mr Green.
    Husband to Mrs Green.
    15 Starview Avenue
    Vanicus City
    Agamar

Worked as a chartered accountant by day and as a male stripagram at night.
    Had a great grandmother who said she knew a Jedi one, but how well she knew the Jedi was a sensitive issule with his great grandfather.

Or that's my theory...I wait for an author to disprove it (because then we'll know).
  3. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
    I mean Siri Tachi. Gallia is not her last name.
  4. MJ.Frodo Jedi Master

star 4
    Maybe luke can convince Mara,to bring back her memories of her long lost parents.
  5. ShadowChaser Jedi Knight

star 1
    Heh heh, that didn't work too keenly with Leia.

But seriously, the only reason why I say it was a Jedi is it's more interesting that way. Sure, it could have been anyone in the galaxy I spose, but it's more fun to try and decide which of the Jedi Council is the lucky father. ;)

Oh, and Siri Tachi? Really, that's her name? I know of a Greek singer by the name of Syrataki, wonder if that's where Lucas got the idea for that name.
  6. RNolan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think it was Palpatine.

Yours
  7. slimybug Force Ghost

star 5
    Palps found her. Obiwan cant be because of an ep 2 spoiler. Why cant she just be some force powerful kid? or a jedis daughter who was killed during the war. Why does eveything in SW have to be connected.
  8. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    What ??? In EPII we learn Obi-Wan is sterile ???? OMG !
  9. MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Master

star 4
    Hopefully we'll never know.
  10. AthyraFire Jedi Knight

star 2
    personally i hope we never find out who Mara's parents are. it keeps her mysterious. there's entirely too much digging and prying into characters' backgrounds as it is.
  11. Anakin SkySolo Force Ghost

star 4
    Who was Mara Jade's father?

Mr. Brie, of course!
  12. RHJediKnight Jedi Knight

Personally I think it should stay as a mystery; and why does the father have to matter anyway? Not that I'm a supporter of feminism, but that sounds kinda biased to me. Ah well. Hopefully they won't ever reveal it.

Although it would be kinda interesting if it *was* Obi-Wan...way to go, Kenobi!
  13. Darth Tuna Jedi Master

star 2
    Tim Zahn was her father, of course. To fully appreciate his talents, read the Conqueror trilogy!
  14. darthjarjarbinks Force Ghost

star 4
    I am of the opinion that either...

a) Palpy *is* her father, though I kind of doubt this in favour of....

b) Mara's father was a jedi knight hunted down and killed in the purges. Palpatine ordered the deaths of all jedi offspring SAVE for a few (or perhaps just one) which he took on as his student/s from before they were self-aware.
  15. MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Master

star 4
    Mara, I am your father! And your stepfather! And the guy who built your lightsaber!

Seriously, I dunno, it could be the aliens, Bill Mulder, or the cigarette man.
  16. Zyphyr Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have no idea about this spoiler that indicates Obi-Wan can't be Mara's father. What, is he gay? (Could explain that whistful look in his eye when he told look that Anikan was '...a good friend'. Argh! Don't go there!)

Personally I think it'd be a little silly if Obi-Wan turned out to be her father, or for that matter if it was Palpatine. As they said in the MAD Magazine parody (paraphrasing here because I don't have it handy): '...Leia, you are my sister. And Vader is our father. And R2D2 in our old trash can. And Chewie was our dog...' Luckily Han and Leia could still get married because they were only rumoured to be second cousins :)

I mean, just how incestuous are the Jedi anyway? Is THAT the spoiler for Ep II??? Please tell me it isn't so!
  17. AdmiralZaarin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I still think 'Vader's Kids Syndrome' prevails here.
    Someone before said Palps kidnapped Mara. Another said he had Papa Jade and Mama Jade murdered. Either way, that strengthens my case. Bail Organa was Leia's 'dad'. And Uncle Beru and Aunt Owen were Luke's 'parents'.
    So, I think Palps is the dad.
    And that dude in the robes is just some sychophant guy, an Imperial Dignitary.
  18. EmpressMara Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey everybody, when I started this thread it wasn't meant to sound sexist. I think Mara could have inherited sensitivity to the Force from her mother as well as her father. I like the idea of Mara's mom being a Jedi. The poll is about who Mara's dad might be because there have been fanfics suggesting Palpy and Obi-Wan as possible dads. I just wanted to see what the fans here at TF.N think about all this. If both of her parents were Jedi that would be cool, but it seems unlikely that we'd see them in Episode III. Unfortunately, there's an Episode II spoiler that seems to indicate that married Jedi couples did not exist in that period of galactic history. :( I'm glad Luke and Mara and the other couples of the NJO have started a new tradition of married Jedi.
  19. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
    <<I have no idea about this spoiler that indicates Obi-Wan can't be Mara's father. What, is he gay? (Could explain that whistful look in his eye when he told look that Anikan was '...a good friend'. Argh! Don't go there!)
    >>

LOL. No. It's actually a small spoiler, but it can't be said here. It has to do with the Jedi Code, however.
  20. MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Master

star 4
    Although numerous fanfics have been written about Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon.
  21. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
    I'm opting for other so I can place my opinion here "Who cares?!". I mean Zahn designed her to be 'mysterious' too. I never got the idea that mysterious meant 'cool' as Genghis has said before.
  22. slimybug Force Ghost

star 5
    Oh sister brother, uncle this that Anakin is threepios creator (NOT a coincidence. check that thread out in PSA, but still) evryones connected and related. Its giving me a headache. If obi wan is her father i will build a noose (for Jar-Jar). but he cant be because nsa.
  23. JadedofMara Jedi Master

star 4
    I honestly think that one of her parents is a jedi, but we will never know, and that is good, because i like it being mysterious...makes life more interesting.
  24. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
    Makes life less interesting if people keep bringing it up. :p
  25. Muke_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Darth Vader! As the old saying go's, "incest is best put your sister to the test!" ;) Old hat for Luke.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.