main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Who is more evil? Separatists v. Empire

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by JammerPickle, Dec 14, 2016.

?

Who's more evil?

1. Separatists

2.4%
  2. Empire

97.6%
  1. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Seperatists are well intentioned extremists run by a genocidal maniac.

The Empire is full of Genocidal maniacs run by one too.

Really there is no question in my mind that the Imps are far worse.

darklordoftech likes this.
  2. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    The Separatists were also largely greedy tax evaders.
    Dooku and Sideous played on the petty desires of people like the Trade Federation.

Just as the Empire played on the baser desires of people like Tarkin to control and bully.

The story is all about two layers of evil.
    The petty greed and nastiness of lesser men being fed and manipulated by the few with the real power.

Not a parable for the world as it is now at all... :)

3. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    Probably there were some Separatists who merely wished to protect their people from the Republic's corruption, injustice and growing totalitarianism. Some of these may have joined the Rebel Alliance later on.

However, the Separatist council was dominated by corporations whose likely goal was an oligarchy of commercial empires unfettered by legitimate government regulation and who had no objections to slavery and pillaging.

The Empire was a totalitarian military dictatorship that not only tolerated, but institutionalised the practice of slavery. It was racist and encouraged corruption by giving military governors complete control over their systems. It openly employed a Sith Lord as an enforcer and routinely used torture. Finally, of course, it was willing to use genocide as a weapon of terror.

So I think I'd say the Empire, comfortably, but the CIS is also extremely unpleasant.

SouthernYankeeJedi likes this.
  4. SouthernYankeeJedi

SouthernYankeeJedi Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2017
    Empire, clearly.

Separatists were useful idiots. Without the direction of Sidious and his ilk the Separatists would have gone nowhere politically or militarily. I actually feel bad for people like Dooku and Grievous - people who were used and thrown away like dirty towels.

5. SithLord28273

SithLord28273 Jedi Youngling

Sep 22, 2016
    The Empire, because everything was used to build it up while The Seps were believing that they were doing good creating their own government and away from what they deemed evil and cannot be fixed Republic.

6. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    Separatists. #EmpireDidNothingWrong

:p

7. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015
    going by on screen evidence, the separatists are actually less evil then the republic. it seems like it is run by a mix of greedy tax evaders and genuine idealists. it's not a system i'd praise, and it is created by a sith lord (but they dont know that). but the republic also seemed to be run by greed, and was also run by the same sith lord (they dont know that but even the jedi just roll with it till the very end). in a way, they are like mirror images of each other. the republic however, has the distinction of being like brave new world and having a slave army not unlike the first order. the only difference is that instead of stealing children they mass produce them. the separatists uses battle droids, but it is unclear if they are sentient droids who experience fear and all of that.

the empire is clearly a murderous totalitarian regime so screw them.