main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who is more Powerfull? Luke of Anakin

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Skywalker_Jr_360, Mar 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skywalker_Jr_360

Skywalker_Jr_360 Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2003
    I am not sure if this subject belongs here or not, but a big discussion about Star Wars where i live is about who is a more powerful jedi. Luke or his father Anakin? I have never been sure, because they never really talked about it.

I would think that Luke would be. The reason i think this is because the so little training that Luke had. Anakin had ten years of training, while Luke only had maybe two weeks with Yoda and not very long with Obi-Wan. And Luke takes out Vader in ROTJ.

So who is more powerful? Please give me your feedback on this.

2. Obi-Wan__Kenobi

Obi-Wan__Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 1, 2003
    I think Anakin because after he became Vader he wiped out all the Jedi. That is somewhere around 10,000. He also killed Palpy at the end

3. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Hello Skywalker_Jr_360, and welcome to the JC. I'm Ken Kenobi. ;) :)

First off, you should be sure to take a look at More Powerful? Luke or Jedi trained from birth???, as it provides a solid foundation that could add important information. ;)

Additionally, you might want to check out the Who Would Win? thread for general "Character vs. Character" discussion. ;)

Also, to talk about the connection of Luke and Anakin as Jedi throughout the Star Wars trilogies, you should take a look at the Star Wars Saga forum. :)

Here is my opinion on the subject...

The Jedi are not Ranked in power, nor in strength in the Force. This is supported by the way of the Jedi lifestyle, and how individuals in the Order focus on certain abilities and aspects (aside from Basic training, of course).

True, Anakin is a very powerful and wise Jedi, as is Luke. But who is to say that Anakin is better than Luminara Unduli in healing and advice? Who is to state that Luke is a better mediator of conflicts that Depa Billaba?

In fact, Jedi aren't even based on power- they reject it as a way to corrupt the mind and pure thought of idea. Ever wonder why they don't wear jewelery or where fancy clothes? They don't want prestige among the community. They want to be "normal" in a humble sense of kindness.

I'm sure you could Rank Jedi on their sheer ability of lightsaber combat, but then again- does that make a Jedi powerful? Remember, "war does not make one great".

Now at the time of Episode II, the Jedi were into politics and the results thereof- what about the most intelligent Jedi in that area?

In any event, the Jedi aren't "Ranked". They are protectors, not celebrities. They are unsung heroes, not famous idols.

But it wouldn't hurt to put a compare them here in the JC- in fact, it brings a bit of debate into the topic. :)

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

4. Obi-Wan__Kenobi

Obi-Wan__Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 1, 2003
    *whispers to KenKenobi*

You forgot to answer the question ;)

5. TinyObawan

TinyObawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 3, 2002
    Obi-Wan would win. Why? Because I said so ;)

6. DarthZchour

DarthZchour Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2002
    Luke's got more power than the Emperor and Darth Vader combined. There was a reference to it in Shadows of the Empire.

7. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    From what I understand, some things say Luke is stronger and some things say Anakin is. ;) :p I'm of the personal opinion that Luke is stronger, simply by his actions, his abilities, and those of Anakin.

:)

8. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    I think Luke is more powerful because he more or less faced the same challenges that Anakin did - if not worse - and defeated them without succumbing to the Dark Side. I think it was Luke not Anakin that is the Chosen One of the prophecy because Luke restored the Jedi Order that Anakin destroyed and effectively put the Force back into balance.

9. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    We never see Luke at his full power in the saga, and we never really see Anakin achieve his full potential either...

10. Ktulu_Terumo

Ktulu_Terumo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    I think Luke is more powerful because he more or less faced the same challenges that Anakin did - if not worse - and defeated them without succumbing to the Dark Side.

I completely agree with that.
    And sinse I'm a big EU fan, I must vote for Luke Skywalker all the way.

11. lumberjedi

lumberjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2002
    Me.

All you need is love!

12. annie_skywalker001

annie_skywalker001 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2002
  13. DarthWeenie

DarthWeenie Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    Anakin used the force in no small way and on a regular basis when he was a child. No training. It just came naturally to him.

Luke didnt do that when he was an adult.

<Insert Bib Fortuna, Twi'Lek, or your other favorite gusher here: "How do know Luke didnt use the Force as a kid? He could have.">

Yadda yadda Anakin is more powerful. The end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.