main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who is opening at midnight?

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by robcaryh, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robcaryh

robcaryh Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2004
    Howdy all
    I was wondering if any cleveland stores were opening at midnight to sell the DVD's this coming tuesday?
    I know Super K will be open,but the mile long lines and trailer trash that goes there makes me want to use it as a last resort. Are any of the wal marts or TUR's opening?

2. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    Ok. There's gonna be a bazillion copies available. I'm all for standing in line at the wee hours of the morning (I was the FIRST in line for the only Cleveland showing of the LOTR Trilogy, thank you very much), but there really is no need to hit a store at midnight just to buy the Holy Trilogy on DVD. There's gonna be plenty available for all.

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Welcome to the boards robcaryh!

So far, none of the stores I've talked with (and that's been plenty) are having what you would call a "midnight release" for the DVDs. JKOC will be at the Best Buy on Brookpark Rd that Tuesday...to help promote the DVD (and ourselves) to the people coming to pick up a copy.

As for the "wretched hive..." crowd you get at all night stores, you're better off getting a good night's sleep then pick one up in the morning.

I was the FIRST in line for the only Cleveland showing of the LOTR Trilogy, thank you very much
    Maybe so, but who got interviewed by FOX 8, Channel 3, AND Action News?...(that would be me, for you new people) ;)

4. robcaryh

robcaryh Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2004
    You really think there will be that many copies available the first day? I figure there will be shortages of it like every other star wars item that comes (or usually doesnt come) to cleveland.

It's just kind of a tradition with me and midnight star wars releases.

I was on TV too,in 97 i was first to come out of the ANH showing at westgate mall and got on tv on channel 8. Was pretty cool.

5. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Cool, you don't happen to have a tape of it? It'd be interesting to see.

I also got interviewed, standing around with several members of JKOC (some before we even knew them) at Valleyview AOTC opening day. David Moss asked me "aren't you a little old for all this?" :D

Stop by "Best Buy" on Tuesday...especially in the late afternoon (you won't be able to miss us) ;)

6. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    The only possible shortages will be any bonus give-aways. Stuff like posters or cards that stores get to try to get you to buy it there, when every other store on the planet has that item. And those shortages are usually due to every employee getting 3 or 4 for their friends.

My network of spies is getting me the Sunday ads tomorrow or Friday. I'll post a list of who's selling the set for how much and what comes with it, if anything.

7. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
  8. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    "an exclusive free Collector's Edition of Star Wars Insider magazine"

Have I mentioned that I will be there as they are opening the doors? ;) At least I'll have something to read during the quiet parts of the day!

9. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Oh, so not fair... Best Buy has to open at 10... Well, I'm getting there early then! (Then off to take the 12 minute drive to campus to get there for my 10:45 class!)

Hummmm... but now what to do... read or watch the movies during my break... movies. :D

I was on the news too! :D

10. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Hey, if someone could manage to sneak a copy of that Collector's Edition Insider for me, I'd greatly appreciate it... seeing as I don't get out of school until 5:15 PM, and will have to fight rush hour traffic home, and they will all probably be taken by then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.