main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Who is really the Chosen One?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Whatsabongo, May 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whatsabongo

Whatsabongo Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Hey, just wanted to get some geek opinions on this psudo-philisophical question...

Could it be argued that Anakin is not the Chosen One (who will bring balance to the force) But, that Luke is the real Chosen One?

Because, without Luke's faith in his father and his ultimatly successfull attempt to bring "the good" out of him. Then Vader would never have turned and balance would not have been returned to the Force.

Let the debate begin!

2. Mithrandir

Mithrandir Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 1999
    Whatsachosenone?

3. jango-joe1

jango-joe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2001
    A couple of hours ago when "The Phantom Menace" started on Fox. 3PO and R2 came on and did their Star Wars: Connections and 3PO said at the end of "Return of the Jedi" that Anakin did bring balance to the force...so therefore IT IS OFFICIAL that Anakin was the chosen one

4. super_hyper_melanie

super_hyper_melanie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2001
    yah pretty much anikan is the chosen one, but it sure does take him long enough to bring balance to the force don't it? anyways how was the intro before tpm last night? i went to a friends play and forgot to set my vcr.

5. jango-joe1

Apr 25, 2001
    The intro was pretty cool. Instead of going from ANH, ESB, ROTJ, TPM, AOTC like the others went this one went TPM, AOTC, ANH, ESB, ROTJ.

They showed a couple os scenes from the speeder chase. They were talking mostly about Anakin and his fall to the dark side.

During the show, I saw a commercial for Doritos chips and their Episode II merchandise and it showed kids in the theater and they had a little bit of the movie playing...and we saw Anakin fighting Geonosians on the conveyor belt.

6. krwade3

krwade3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    OK he is the chosen one and this can be looked at in 2 differnet ways.

1.)He Kills all the jedi so there are no more leaving balance by elimination... :D

2.) he is the one that kills the emperor in ROTJ and in so doing so kills himself ending the the sith as we know it.(EU not included)

Now for another twist. Isnt Leia's son named Anakin? So what if he was the one and not his GrandDad... :eek:

7. jango-joe1

Apr 25, 2001
    Part of the reason Anakin was killed wwas because of his name. Having both an Anakin Solo and an Anakin Skywalker was thought to be confusing.

I think that the Number 2 reason that you gave is probably the best reasonable solution to this debate

8. krwade3

Dec 4, 2000
    As do I. Man looking back I made a few grammtaical errors.... [face_plain]

At any Rate I believe that Ani at the time of his death was the balance that is spoken of. Think Christian. God sacraficred his only begotten son who was a product of immaculate conception. Anakin conceived out of midiclorians .

Jesus dies on the cross saving the world of it sins. Vader kills the Emperor saving the universe...

And so told is the story....

Red 5 Out

9. stone

stone Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    i am.

10. krwade3

Dec 4, 2000
    You are what Stone.... Dam U answer your phone...

11. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    No, the reason they killed Anakin Solo is because they figured that he was the only likeable character in the entire New Jedi Order series who had been built up to be the main hero, and they thought, "We can't have that." So they killed him and basically destroyed the one redeeming character they had left.

Del Rey must be run by the same people that run Hasbro...

And yes, I'm very bitter. ;)

12. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    I thought Keeanu Reeves was the chosen one?

13. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke

Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2000
    I thought Keanau Reeves was just "the one". Or was that Jet Li?

Ugh. My head hurts.

As far as Anakin goes, since the entire story is supposed to be about his evolution, I would assume that he was the Chosen One. I'm a simple man, and that's good enough for me. Just like "C" being for cookie.

14. Mithrandir

Apr 2, 1999
    I thought Harry Potter was the chosen one.

15. Mithrandir

Apr 2, 1999
    The chosen two = Natalie Portman ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.