main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who is staying where...

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by TheWampas1138, Apr 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    This is actually the female half of the wampas (Marcy) typing for a change. I just wanted to do a quick online check to see where folks will be staying. I know there were hotels nearby but we decided to live 'cheap' and stay out toward the airport at the Super 8 which we have had reserved since...september and only here could someone appreciate that sort of obsessiveness. So, pipe in, let us know who's going and where they'll be. It's just nice to know if there will be friendly faces nearby. Thanks a bunch,

Marcy
    She-wampa

2. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Jedisis and I are at the EconoLodge on South Harding St. We are about five miles away. We decided to go cheap and save money for whatever we might find there.

3. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    I will be at the Marriott Courtyard a block or two from the convention center.

4. Bujo

Bujo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    Like Mauler, I am at the Marriott. While not happy about the room prices, my friend and I wanted to stay at a place where we could park the car and not worry about it. Plus, there are supposedly a ton of bars/clubs right by where we are that we didn't want to worry about driving/taxi to go to alcoholic establishments.

5. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    I'm also at the Marriott Courtyard, but I haven't heard from my Chicago roommate for a week or two.. I'm getting worried.. :confused:

6. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    Looks like the majority of us are staying at the Courtyard by the Marriot. I agree that the price was high but my husband and I wanted to leave the car parked and walk to the Convention Center. We didn't want to have to figure out a bus schedule either. Price is high but we're making this our only vacation this year. Perhaps we should think about putting something up on a bulletin board at the Courtyard and try to get together? Or, before that weekend, exchange names and look each other up for dinner on Thursday night (May 2)???

7. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I got a room at a Motel 6 about 15 minutes away.

8. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I'll be at the Embassy Suites, free happy hour. :)

I look forward to meeting you all at the FanForce party, or at the FF table.

9. Bujo

Mar 18, 2002
    Bobafemme-

Where is that Embassy Suites located?

10. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    two blocks away from the convention center

11. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I'd still rather be 15 minutes away if it saved me $120 per night.

12. Bujo

Mar 18, 2002
    I'm happy with being able to park my car and not worry about it after that, especially since there are a ton of drinking establishments in the vicinity of the convention center.

13. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    Motel 6 near the airport...I hope its not too scary. At lest its cheap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.