main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who is surprised Anakin isn't any stronger than he is at this point after season 5

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by darkchrono, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HighlanderC

HighlanderC Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2005
    But to Anakin's favor, look at Barris' force push and Anakin's one.... NO CONTEST.

Zer0 likes this.
  2. El Bastarde

El Bastarde Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2013
    I thought I watched an episode where Anakin beat the living daylights out of Barriss when she was not able to use her acrobatics on him.

Oh, and he also beat the stuffing out of Ventress.

In the same day.

I agree with this. It seemed to me like Anakin kicked butt in the final episode. Sure, he didn't destroy Barriss in seconds but it never really looked like he was in THAT much trouble. In the end, he totally overpowered her and finished her with a force toss. He was then able to force choke Ventress (who had been able to do the same to both Anakin and Obi Wan in the past) with little effort. Seems to me Anakin was pretty hardcore in that last one.

Besides, Anakin's definitely shown development...in the Mortis series, he really seems to be expanding his powers as the Chosen One doing a number of things he hadn't done before. And let's not forget...Anakin had the POTENTIAL to become the most powerful Jedi ever...he's not even close to getting there. In fact, he never does as his potential is cut short when he's forced to be half-machine.

Same with Obi Wan...we've seen him completely own tons of folks in this series, as well as out-wit them. He's one of the few Jedi who can hang with both Ventress and Grievous.

You guys are asking too much. If you want Anakin and Obi Wan to just destroy everything in their path then the show would be bloody boring. About the only guy who should be dominating folks is Sidious and we've seen exactly that when he owned the Maul brothers.

3. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Once again, it all depends on how it is done and how much sense it makes.

Bariss holding her own against Anakin makes sense to me, because one, she didn't last very long, and two, she looked scared to death of him. Anakin was in no trouble, I assure you.

4. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Anakin was smooth.

5. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I want to see Anakin successfully take out a bounty hunter, they pretty much always get the best of him (like Robonino and Derrown who both easily took him out with electric shocks).

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I blame Anakin's lack of uber-power on his weakly duels with Dooku. That's gotta be rough.

I mean, just look at Obi-Wan -- his weakly duels with Grievous made him age the equivalent of 10 years in 3!

Kiki-Gonn and Darth Ibonek like this.
  7. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Anakin shouldn't be dueling with Dooku at all during the TCW. Need I remind you of this quote, by Anakin, from ROTS:

"My powers have doubled since the last time we met, Count"

8. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Electric shocks seem to be his weakness. ;)

9. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Which is odd considering he managed to fight the electricity well in 'The Citadel' when he was caught in the electrified ceiling magnet trap and managed to reach for his lightsaber and use it to destroy the trap & free himself.

10. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    That is one of my main complaints about TCW. They rarely show Jedi using their powers and really showing what they can do. However they did show Anakin putting Son and Daughter in their place, so he has the strength, but doesn't use it much. That needs to change.

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Well he does have a cybernetic arm :p

12. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Let's not forget that Anakin gave into his rage when he killed Dooku, or cut off his hands at least. When he fully gave into his rage and hate as Darth Vader, he was able to easily butcher loads of Jedi in the temple. Also note, how in the series from TCW movie to the duel on Naboo between Anakin and Dooku how Anakin has gets better over time, to the point where he can strangle Dooku. Anakin had the upper hand against Barriss - once she lost one of her blades, it was all over from there.

In short, Anakin's rage is what makes him powerful, and why Sidious wants him to be a Sith in the first place.

13. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    The fact that the fight lasted as long as it did was testament to Barriss' abilities, sure, but to be fair Anakin was clearly the dominant party in the duel. Not quite Sidious levels of domination, but he was the one driving his opponent back consistently.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  14. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    It would have been badass if he had Mace teach him vaapad, so he can put that anger and rage to good use.

15. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    Why would Mace teach him the same form that caused his former Padawan and former BFF to go dark? Even if Mace doesn't totally distrust Anakin at this point (there are signs of mistrust deepening, though), Vaapad isn't something he'd instruct others in lightly.

16. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    To channel his darkness like Mace did. I'm very aware of what happened to his other student and friend. Mace has always been a **** to Anakin and that would have been a way for them to gain some level of trust and good vibes between the two. I know it won't happen, but oh well
    Anakin can just learn Juyo then, the original form 7.

Anakin goes dark anyways, so it doesn't make much difference.

17. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Anakin was thrown against a wall, relieved of one of his weapons, and thrown off the building. You have a peculiar standard for what does and what does not constitute trouble.

There is a hierarchy and the story would do well to adhere to it. And when it doesn't, provide an explanation.

18. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Killing Darth Maul, General Grievous, and Darth Vader (before suit) is not weak.

19. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Of course not; I was talking the very real multitude of fans who believe that, though. It was not some "silly" vocal minority. And now look at all those here who condemn the Council for idiocy without allowing for even the slightest possibility that they were outflanked or possibly did something, however minimal, off screen before apparently "caving."

It seems a fair number want to "hang the Council out to dry" because they wouldn't take a padawan's word against the "evidence" when we don't even know what evidence was introduced where, or by whom, or corroborated, or was circumstancial...

20. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    Call me a heretic, but I've always taken the middle interpretation. I don't think Obi-Wan is weak, nor do I believe him to be the number three or four guy in the order with a lightsaber. I think Yoda or Mace would crush him outright; as would Dooku and Sidious. And I like to think that all of the Jedi Council, with the exception of its two leaders, are comparable in skill.

21. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    Mace does say in AOTC that Anakin has "exceptional skills". It would make sense for him to help Anakin cultivate those skills. Perhaps his experience with Depa Bilaba and Sora Bulq prompts him to help keep the Chosen One on the straight and narrow.

There is some cordiality between Mace and Anakin in AOTC and even in TCW up to the most recent story arc. It obviously doesn't last, though.

22. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    True. They got along pretty good when they were dealing with young Boba and his crew. Too bad it didn't last.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  23. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I don't have a huge problem with battles done to fit the story/ provide action, but yeah, I'm for Anakin having more awesome moments. Maybe now that Ahsoka's gone he and other Jedi will get more opportunities to shine.

24. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, I don't think he's top dog, either and at least one non-Councilman (Cin) probably out fights him. Within the council, though, Plo and Saesee are recognized for their piloting skills not their saber skills. Certainly, amongst the Council, Shaak Ti, Yoda, Mace and possibly Kit Fisto probably out-swordsman Obi-Wan. Leaving the novels out of it, Obi-Wan's strength seems to be his tenacity, defensive capabilities until the proper moment to strike occurs, and his abiity to avert at least a fair amount of violenc via words.

What Anakinfan and I were saying, though, goes to the outright "he's weak, got lucky, the other swordsman got unlucky" talk - poor Obi-Wan can't fight Dooku (AoTC), beat Maul only by Maul's arrogance and not his own skill, couldn't stand up to Dooku (ROTS) - couldn't, couldn't and more couldn't - then Filoni decides to make him a punching bag in a lot of his fights.

But enough talk of Obi-Wan in this Anakin thread, right?

25. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    Enough talk of Obi-Wan? There's no such thing, amiright?! :D

Valairy Scot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.