main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who is taking care of Ben Skywalker?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Bravo, Jan 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Who is taking care of Ben Skywalker. Is Mara, or is Mara having someone else take care of Ben, like someone like Winter?

2. Tsavong_Lah

Tsavong_Lah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    Leia was for a while in SbS until the "Coruscant thing" happened. I'm not sure now though.

3. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Well, shocklingly, I believe it is Luke and Mara that are actually raising their own kid. Is that amazing?

If Ben were Leia's son, he'd already be on some planet to be raised for two years by a nanny so he wouldn't be exposed to 'anger'. (Was that nonsense, or what? I guess Luke is a 'do as I say, not as I do' guy. I wish Leia and Luke would hash it out. He pretty much used her kids as guinea pigs, and robbed her of precious years with them. She only had Anakin for 16 years, off and on. But he has to have Ben every second? At boardroom meetings?)

4. mj

mj Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 12, 1998
    Keep in mind that Ben is a Guinea Pig here, too. Luke and Mara have never raised a child. And Ben is very deeply connected to his parents. He is affected by them from a galaxy away, so why not keep him close?

And apparently, the parents are doing a lot of the work, but Leia, Han, Tionne, and Tendra (maybe also Mirax?) seem to be helping out.

5. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    The times, they are a changing."
    Can you imaging Borsk Fey'lya's reaction if Leia brought the twins or baby Anakin to a meeting?!!
    Remember, Leia in the JA Trilogy brought the twins to the reception for Furgan and the ambassador poisoned Mon Mothma! Little Ben is safer with his parents, family and (their circle of friends) then sent away. With the peace brigade and the Yuuzhan Vong there isn't a safe haven for the little guy.

6. Danamel99

Danamel99 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2001
    Well if you think about it, Leia was sending her kids to Luke at the Jedi Academy for protection and training. Now, I don't think Leia has those things to offer Luke right now for his child. Although she did care for him in SBS, but I don't see Mara sending her child to Leia again for protection in the near future.

7. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Well, keep in mind that Mara is an extremely protective mother. While Leia was protective in her own way, she's not Mara. If any suggestion were to be made that Ben be sent to a safe haven for the first two years of his life, Mara would either shoot it down or demand that she be with him.

But more important is the war with the Vong. The twins and Anakin were sent away at a considerably safer time. If anyone had demanded they be located, only a small portion of the galaxy would snap to and go look for them. But if the Vong were to demand it, you'd see a vast number of folks looking because they'd probably believe whatever lies the Vong would claim they'd reward them with.

8. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    So Mara is taking care of Ben?

Leia was stupid to let her childeren be taken care of someone else besides her. That is why her kids are not as close to her as they should be. They hardly saw there mother when they were young. What do you guys think?

9. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    I been anxious to see if Luke practices what he preaches. Apparently not as of yet. Of course the circumstances are different. If Mara is going to take care of her son and be his sole protector, then that's all she should be doing. She can't be doing any fighting or being a Jedi. She cannot be everything rolled into one. That's not very practical or realistic.

I do not, or will I ever see Leia as being a bad parent. She did want she had to do. If Mara does things differently, that's fine. But that just means that Mara and Leia did it differently. Not one is a better mother than the other.

10. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Yes, i dont fault Han and Leia either for what they did with the kids when they were babies. It was what had to be done at the time considering all of the threats directed toward them.

11. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I guess what's bothersome is the fact that these people are all in their forties, and need help raising their kids. Even one.

Mara should stay home and watch after Ben. she has been working since was four years old. She could take the critical two years off to bond with Ben.
    I hate it when people have kids and won't commit to the vital first two years, even. It's not like Luke has to go dig ditches, right? They are wealthy people. One should stay home, and not the one that's running the NJO, either. How can it be so hard on people that run the galaxy, when any ordinary person can do it?

I mean, I knew teenager that had a child, and went to school full time, and worked full time, so his girlfriend could stay home with their daughter (she took classes at college too, both 19).

12. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I don't view Leia as a bad mother. Just as a mother that didn't really put her kids first. Yes Han and Leia had the Imperials to deal with, but what is more important? Killing people or having time with your family? And being involved in politics or being with your family?
    I can see what Leia and Han did. Its not bad, but after all those trouble times, the twins were still away from there mother so much, that you start to see the bake in the daughter/son relationship with there mother and father in Balance Point and Agents of Choas two.
    In Balance point torwards the end, you see that the kids are starting to bond with there parents finally. And you see Leia seeing her falut in some areas early in there childhoods (twins).

13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Anyone else have information on who is taking care of Ben Skywalker?

14. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    at the end of Star by Star..... wait, do I have to put a spoiler space?

Han or someone said that "Tendra has your package on the Errant Venture" to Luke and Mara. So, he was on Booster's ship. I'm guessing that Tendra and Mirax were watching after him until Mama and Dadda could come pick him up.

15. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    Luke and Mara will take care of Ben but in crisis situations the little guy will probably be passed around to whom ever is in the safest location. Mirax will be the best candidate for the job because of her friendship with Mara and Corran's friendship with Luke. Mirax has the ability to protect the baby and her has raised two force-sensitive children.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.