main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who is the Best British Indie band of current?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by RichardPowers, Jan 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichardPowers

RichardPowers Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2005
    The Killers, Kasabian, idlewild, keane, Athlete, Snow Patrol, Razorlight, the strokes, the white stripes? Just who r the best indie rockers and why. Lets have a gr8 discussion about it everyone.

2. Nrf-Hrdr

Nrf-Hrdr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2000
    The only one out of that list I like at all is The White Stripes (and also to a much lesser extent The Strokes) and they're not even British!

To be honest, this new batch of bands don't really interest me much at all. Franz Ferdinand have some great tunes, but that's about it. They all seem to be lacking imagination to me.

3. Benny_Blanco

Benny_Blanco Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2002

I DO like Razorlight and Franz Ferdinand - however bands like Snow Patrol, Keane, etc all tend to sound like they want to be the next Coldplay, ie not very original.

I wasn`t too keen on Snow Patrol any way cos I was at Uni with Gary Lightbody, and a more PRETENTIOUS "studenty" student you could not meet!!

4. Nrf-Hrdr

Nrf-Hrdr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2000
    ^^ that last bit doesn't surprise me. Snow Patrol and Keane and so on definitely give off that my-heart's-back-in-sixth-form student stench. I hated those supposedly 'sensitive' pompous fops when I was in sixth-form, and I hate them now they're in duff bands!

Though to be fair, I hated most of the planet when I was in sixth form.

5. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    How are the White Stripes British?

-P!-

6. Darth_Banal

Darth_Banal Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 22, 2002
    Of the groups you listed, I like Idlewild the best. There's some terrific potential for them to create soaring melodies and catchy hooks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.