main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who is the best Sith apprentice??...Darth Maul, Count Dooku, or Darth Vader?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by DarthBruti, May 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBruti

DarthBruti Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    I feel that this a tough choice because Vader does have the longest reign as a Sith, BUT he is also a sith after the Jedi are virtually wiped from the universe except for Obi-Wan,Yoda and later Luke. Maul and Dooku were both going up against the Jedi when they were at their prime so I think it is very tough to determine who #1 really is also because Maul is more of a fighter and Dooku does have diplomatic skills that Maul lacks.

2. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    It's hard to say. Vader before the suit was the best. He was more powerfull then the otehr and could probably out fight them.

3. jack_thighwalker

jack_thighwalker Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2005
    Nick, i have to say that vader is the most powerful sith apprentice. He is by far the most powerful with the force, he is clearly a better saber fighter than Dooku, and he has natural tendancies that make him a good sith. However he is not the best in my opinion because as we see in ROTJ he still has good in him. Though he may be more powerful than maul or dooku he is not nearly as loyal.

4. Luke_Kenobi1

Luke_Kenobi1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2005
    Vader,no doubt.

5. MasterJedi4488

MasterJedi4488 Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    what kind of question is this, DARTH VADER IS THE ANSWER, there is not an controversy, he was the man

6. DARTH-SHREDDER

DARTH-SHREDDER Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 6, 2005
    Um, even after the suit, he still would kick Dooku's and Maul's ass at the same time.

7. Arch_Clone_Trooper

Arch_Clone_Trooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    vader.... cuss he lasts longer... and kills more jedi... altou he lost agianst obi and obi beat maul...

8. BalianSkywalker

BalianSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2005
    vader because he did what the sith have been trying to do for milenna destroy the jedi. according to the official guide to Characters Maul and and especially dooku were just pawns for Palpatine while he looked for the perfect apprentice.

9. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Maul - the most loyal & obedient
    Dooku - the smartest & most elegant
    Vader - the most powerful & potential

10. VampVader

VampVader Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    Gotta go with Vader...

11. ObiWan2790

ObiWan2790 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    id have to say vader, but the vader saber battles werent as fun to watch as the maul vs. obi and qui-gon battle...unless you count the anakin/obi-wan battle in ROTS as a vader battle. that was defenitly my favorite star wars saber fight.

12. TheUnifiedForce

TheUnifiedForce Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    It's Vader, duh!

Reason why (besides the obvious): He's the only one that Palpatine went through pains to keep alive.

Maul and Dooku were just means to an end, Vader is the apprentice Palpatine intended to claim all along. After watching ROTS, how can we even ask this question?

13. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Vader, he saved Palps, killed Dooku, most liekyl would've beat Maul and was key in the jedi purge.

14. -Phantom-

-Phantom- Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    I Think the real Question is Dooko or Maul...

I'd have to go with DM of course just because of that totally badass saber.

15. Darth_Chronos

Darth_Chronos Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Maybe I'm reading the question wrong, but this doesn't seem to have anything to do with who is stronger at all. The "best apprentice" is subjective and therefore doesn't necessarily mean strength.

Best apprentice seems to be the one who, well, was the most obedient to his master and the one who carried out the role of the apprentice the best.

Maul - most obedient, over confident but he never seemed to want to overthrow Sidious nor did he have any remorse for anything he ever did.

Dooku - Obedient but he seemed to regret some of the things in AOTC, such as apologizing to Obi and Mace for the battles, and the look on his face when Mace beheads Jango seems to give him and ere of remorse.

Vader - Obedien thru and thru, but in the end he fell from the way of the Sith and turned on his master, thats the end of that.

So, if you go by this logic, I'd say Maul is the best apprentice. If you're going by strength alone, I'd say Vader hands down.

16. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Darth Maul was his best apprentice. Given time, he would have been incredibly powerful. I think that Palpatine unleashed him too early, maybe in a few years he would have been able to wade through any Jedi in his way. He was absolutely loyal to Darth Sidious, as he was raised a "pure blood" Sith. Unlike Tyrannus or Vader, he had no Jedi upbringing or corruption. He had no attachments or alterior motives. He was young and ambitious, loyal, and a talented and skilled fighter. He would have been a sight to behold at Qui-Gon or Dooku's age.

17. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    I think Maul was. He was completely into the darkside and would never go to the other side. Unlike Dooku and Vader who were never 100% into the dark side.

18. isyraroc

isyraroc Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    As an apprentice, I would most definitely say Maul. Not only was he utterly loyal to Palpatine, but he was never influenced or swayed in any way. He also clearly looked evil and powerful enough.

Vader comes close, but y'know, in the end, he turned against Palpatine.

19. tephjo

tephjo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 30, 2005
    Most loyal? Maul

Most influential? Tyranus

Most powerful? Vader

All are great with a saber(even suited vader), and Lucas has gone on to say that Vader was still 80% of Palps, even in the suit.

Suited Vader would pretty much BE Tyranus to me as far as how strong he is.

20. minastirith

minastirith Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    Maul... he has the most skill with a saber, he is the most loyal apprentice, and given more time, he could have been the equal of any Jedi.

21. Maranelo_Jori

Maranelo_Jori Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 22, 2004
    For me its count Dooku,he almost conquered the galaxy.Yes at the end,he was beaten,but so was Vader.Vader wasnt very good aprentice to his master,he killed him,at the end.

22. raniE

raniE Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    Maul seemed to be the most obedient, just a tool and weapon for Sidious to use and wield.

Tyranus was most like Sidious, and the one most likely to rise up against his master. But Sidious used him to, and cut back the risk of betrayal by having Tyranuslead the separatist, meaning he wasn't spending that much time around his master, which means less chance of a "hostile takeover" of the Sith from Tyranus.

Vader wasn't really that loyal to Sidious at first, he tried to get Padme to join him. But when Sidious told him he hilled her he broke. Then in ESB he tries to get Luke to join him, but that fails to. Vader had it in him to betray his master, but he needed someone to do it with, someone to become his apprentice after he offed Sidious.

So, the apprentice that served Sidous best was Maul, the one that would probably have been most succesful as a Sith master was Tyranus, whilst Vader was the most powerful by far, and the one that Sidious really wanted to get his hands on.

23. jackdaniels

jackdaniels Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    vader before the suit..his the only sith that we can see as a jedi and i think his the only one how has the most power(i think) too kill yanglings!!!!!

:(

p.s

he has good in him too!

24. classified

classified Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Definately not Dooku. He was a bad fighter and lets face it wasn't Sidious's right hand man throughout. They seemed to me to be more like a president and vice president as opposed to master and loyal apprentice. same with Darth Vader. He was too independant. He killed his master for heavens sake. I know that as an apprentice I would most like to have Maul as a loyal man who I would happily die fighting alongside.

However if we were saying which was the BEST, i'd go with Vader

25. HoagieSkywalker

HoagieSkywalker Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    Lord Vader ((-)(0)(////////////////////// wzzzz whhrrr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.