main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Who is the better dark lord of the sith (excluding sidious and palpatine) and why.

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Mannequin_Skywalker, May 18, 2002.

?

Who is the better dark lord of the sith (excluding sidious and palpatine) and why.

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Darth Maul

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Darth Tyranus (Count Dooku)

20.0%
  3. Darth Vader

80.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mannequin_Skywalker

Mannequin_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2001
  2. Mannequin_Skywalker

Oct 18, 2001
    ok let me start the ball rolling here by voting for tyranus. he is or was after all a master jedi compared to the other two siths. obiwan managed to kill a tired maul (but no excuses) but dooku outfought ani and obiwan and even tied with master yoda. granted that dooku didn't fight any of the jedis simultaneously but he still managed to hold more than his own. and as a master ex-jedi, when he turned over the dark side, dooku possessed the famed "death lightning" skills only sidious possseses. still it is rendered useless by a lightsaber that obiwan has shown, wonder why luke didn't do the same to emperor palpy in ep6, lack of experience?

3. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    Better Dark Lord?
    Vader.
    When he's pissed, Force Choke.
    When he's disappointed, Force Choke.

If that's not Dark Side, I dunno what is. :p

4. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Vader, as DD said. Anyway, he survived 20+ years as Sith Lord, Dooku gonna be gone in a year or 2 after AOTC, and he's more a charismatic leader, not so much warrior (will he fight along side his army/pilot like Vader?).

Anyhow, Vader and Maul are my 2 favourite Sith Lords. ;)

5. Yoda1985

Yoda1985 Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1999
    Black Helmet man!!! who can be better ... more sinister ... and cooler in attitute and fashion sense.

6. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I think I agree with Mannequin here, Darth Tyranus has my vote for all the reasons that Mannequin has mentioned earlier.

7. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    BTW, Sidious = Palpatine.

8. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I think Vader would just force-push all his competitors away :D. He's rather menacing even though he's more machine, and he probably could take on Maul and Dooku, considering that Anakin lost to Dooku and not Vader. Plus in a non-continuity SW comic, Vader defeated a clone of Maul. 8-}

[face_vader]

9. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    For me, it's a tie between Vader and Tyranus.

Vader is the bad guy of Star Wars (IMHO). Think Sith and you think Vader. And of course, there's the Force-choke factor. ;)

Tyranus can fight. Period. :p

10. Mannequin_Skywalker

Oct 18, 2001
    look at it this way: ep4. vader & obi fought out a war between 2 old men and vader only won after a time...the shorter fight in ep2 between a YOUNGER obi and an OLD Dooku proved that Dooku is a better fighter than Vader. Don't forget that force lightning ability killed Vader in the end so that cannot be underestimated even though the producers so stupidly made it easy to counter it with a lightsaber. Dooku also fought 3 highly skilled jedi without suffering a scratch whereas Vader sufferd a gash on his upper arm with Luke in Cloud City (this cannot be considered as toying with Luke as it looks real). Force push and choke are secondary skills just like jedi mind trick compared to force lightning.

Better Dark Lord might be Vader but the best fighter of all three is definitely
    Count Dooku

11. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    What if Maul fought Dooku? :D

IMHO, don't forget when EpIV, V and VI were made, they didn't have all these fancy jumps, twirls and martial arts training, so they weren't able to show what Vader could really do.

12. Mannequin_Skywalker

Oct 18, 2001
    maul vs dooku? this is a no-brainer.

maul lost to obi (after wearing out with QGon) but dooku easily defeated obi, ani & tied with yoda. how many times do i have to repeat myself. (sigh!)

13. singer_high

singer_high Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    How many Jedis did Maul kill? 1?
    How many Jedis did Tyranus kill? Erm...

Now, how many Jedis did Vader kill?
    AFAIK, he wiped out most of the remaining Jedis after falling completely to the Dark side, and in ROTJ he killed Emperor Palpatine (Sidious?) too.

The following is my speculation. Yoda mentioned among the Sith there are only 2: a master and an apprentice. We all know that by Ep4 Vader was Palpatine's apprentice, so it could be Anakin slayed Tyranus/Dooku and completed his journey to the Dark side and became Vader.

14. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Maul was distracted. :(

And the Producer & Director want Maul surely dead. :_| :_|

15. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Actually it's alittle pointless debating who will win in a hypothetic battle because it always depends on the circumstances, and everyone has an equal chance over the other

16. Mannequin_Skywalker

Oct 18, 2001
    singer-high, most of us already know the concept of replacing a dark lord of the sith with another when another dies so you don't have to elaborate on that.

as for who is the better fighter (we're not talking about EP3 yet as to me, it hasn't existed yet and other possiblities are abound so we just go witht the existing facts).

Tyranus may not have killed any jedi but his prowess in battle alone can bring him more kills but he didn't want to show his hand or soil his gloves (in the battle of the arena) as he find killing jedi at that point is pointless and would reveal his true agenda but he could easily rack a number of kills if he wanted.

without Yoda's interference, Dooku would've killed Ani and Obi for sure. so you cannot compare kills with ability. nobody can hold off Yoda without breaking a sweat...except dooku. (for now)

17. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    I have this feeling that I'm being repetitive, but since I've typed it out... ::shrug:: :p

IMHO,

Maul wasn't a very good Sith, even though he was the apprentice. He killed Qui-Gon, but the Jedi Master was old, and he was fighting alone at that time. Besides, Qui-Gon had had a lot to deal with in the past few days: Anakin, persuading the Council to allow the boy to be trained, dealing with the strained relationship between him and Obi-Wan, and the Trade Federation-Naboo problem. Maul, on the other hand, only needed to track the Jedi down and kill them. In the Duel of the Fates, Maul should have just finished Obi-Wan off. However, he wanted to savour his triumph over the Jedi, but he forgot that it wasn't over yet. He became over-confident, didn't sense Obi-Wan using the Force to call Qui-Gon's sabre to him in time, and he paid dearly for it.

Tyranus was a good swordsman. He defeated Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan, who was already a Jedi Knight and who defeated a Sith as a Padawan (even though said Sith wasn't terrific). Obi-Wan would've been a goner if not for Anakin. He had no trouble holding a double-lightsabre-wielding Anakin at bay, and even managed to destroy one of the sabres, not to mention hack off a hand for good measure. :p He could not defeat Yoda, true, but Yoda was a Jedi Master with literally hundreds of years of experience behind him.

Vader: reasons have been mentioned.

My two cents. Anyway I suck at argumentative essays. :p

18. Mannequin_Skywalker

Oct 18, 2001
    impressive very impressive, jediclare.

say would you mind going on a date with me?
    (just kidding of course P>)

19. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Check her age dude... ;)

Anyway, I just want to say that Yoda is the most powerful, coolest and bestest fighter ever.
    Yes, pointless... but I really like Yoda now. :D

20. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Darth_Destructo - I'll like to join your Yoda Fan Club 8-} :D Without the "r"?

21. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Spell correctly do you?
    Approve will Yoda, hmmm?

Yoda thread should we start hmm?

22. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Without the "r" JaZzYjaZZ did not know. Destructor he thought (since that's a real english word).

"Approve the Council does, our new hero: Yoda"

:D

23. singer_high

singer_high Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    so you cannot compare kills with ability

Whatever. Anyways, I've stated my choice and reason, I'm done with this thread.

24. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    Sorry Guys lets not forget that Anakin and Obi-wan were involed in the Clone Wars, the battle in the Arena, being handcuff, fighting the droids, the Geonosian's and not forgetting the Beasts in the Arena. They r tired especially Obi-wan being captured and having to do all the detective work in the whole show.

But i will give my vote to Tyranus for useing the force lighting, being sooo scheming and cool headed. But most importantly for Christopher Lee's good acting. In fact i find he acted better in AOTC than Lord of the rings.

25. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Oh yah hor. :p

And don't forget Anakin was busy being intoxicated by Padmé. ;) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.