main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who is the Chosen One?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Naboo1, Sep 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    Form ever thing I have seen so far I know it is Anakin who is the chosen one.

2. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Baron: Great idea, I´ll do that too! :)

3. Terz

Terz Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    Anakin..... Solo :p

4. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    I'm beginning to think Anakin was the chosen one. because even though he doesn't bring balance to the Force he brings a sort of balance between good and evil.

5. jedi-ona-tru-min

jedi-ona-tru-min Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2003
    I'm with Ulic_Quel_Droma. I beleive that acctually it's the Skywalker name of which is the choosen. After all Anikin is the start(being emaculately conceived). So there is no Father figure to fall on, just his mother Shmi. Well we all know that she had no power or she would have survived her tragity with the Sandpeople. So which brings us back to the begining of the Skywalker name. When Anikin...aka Darth Vader.. dies, the responsibility now falls on the shoulders of Luke and Leia. Now I haven't read all the later books but we do know Leia marries Han Solo and has twins and Luke passes on jedi knowledge to her kids. There is nothing that says(unless in much later books) that Luke has kids to pass on the Skywalker name, so I beleive that the choosen was meant for Anikin and Luke...One to help to take out the bad and the other to help restore the jedi religion.

6. cold_reboot

cold_reboot Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2003
  7. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    lol. No, the chosen one is Anakn Skywalker. Period. :cool:

8. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Thanks to those that liked my analogy (I try not to thank people too often as it makes me feel like a fame glutton, but It's nice to know when folk like yer work).
    The way I see it, if Lucas says Luke is really a six foot tall gerble, then we'd have to believe him as he's the storyteller.
    Did he convey the fact of Luke's gerbleness well? Nope. But apparently that's how it would have to be.
    In every story ever told, there are certain truths that one has to accept that the storyteller lays down. You have to or else it defeats the purpous of listening to the story.
    If Lucas made the role of the chosen one ambiguous, then I could see these Chosen Fifty and a Half disputes. But the storyteller himself tells us who the hero is and gives ample reason to back it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.