main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who is the Greatest Sith Lord (Official EU Poll #3)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Mr44, Sep 9, 2007.

?

Who is the Greatest Sith Lord?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Sidious/ Palpatine

34.7%
  2. Krayt

4.0%
  3. Nihilus

1.7%
  4. Bane

9.2%
  5. Revan

33.5%
  6. Plagueis

3.5%
  7. Freedon Nadd

0.6%
  8. Exar Kun

4.0%
  9. Darth Vader

6.4%
  10. Lumiya

2.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    It would also be interesting to see the reasons why people picked who they did, so everyone is free to list their reasons as well.

2. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Revan!

He kicked the Mandolorian's asses, he kicked the Jedi's asses, and laid the foundation for the entire Rule of Two.

Vader was just an emo :p

3. ghost_of_a_wookiee

ghost_of_a_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 7, 2007
    Other: Waru. You know he could kick Palpy's sorry butt.

4. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    I'm gonna have to vote for Exar Kunstoppable! [face_mischief]

Evil.

5. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Exar Kun. Palpatine wishes he was that cool/powerful.

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm going to hold off for now, but the answer is obviously His Imperial Majesty the Galactic Emperor or Lord Vader.

Any other answers are simply incorrect.

7. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I voted for Bane - no Bane = no Sidious, Vader or others.

I'm dissapointed Caedus isn't on the list...

...cause it would be hilarious to see him get no votes :p

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    So that punk who was Coruscant's first high school president is the best leader because without him there would be no chancellors or emperors?

:p

9. MarcusDade

MarcusDade Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    Revan.

People followed Sidious, Vader and almost all of the others out of fear. People followed Revan WILLINGLY. That and Revan would probably be able to kick both Vader's and Sidious's butts with one hand tied behind his back. That and if it wasn't for his holocron, then Bane wouldn't have gotten the idea for the rule of Two. You could argue that all of Galactic history from the Mandalorian wars onwards was Revan's planning. Now that's power.

10. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003
    I have to say Sidious because I heard that one of the WEG or a sourcebook said that he knew every single dark side power and then started inventing some. Now he may not be the most powerful(strength wise) but know all of that does rate him on the top of the greatness scale.

*Watches as he misquoted accidently and gets torn a new one*

It could happen.

11. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Nobody feared Palpatine. They loved him--remember that nobody knew he was a Sith.

"Many regard Palpatine as a demigod" - CatCW
    "Without Palpatine, the Republic would collapse" - LOE
    "Soon the Emperor would die, and while the galaxy would bend from the horror of that loss" - ROTJ
    "Many see the Emperor as a beloved old man" - SWG

Notably, his Force skills are rated as beyond possible comprehension--they are literally orders of magnitude higher than anyone else's. Others claim that Luke "beat" him, but his RPG stats (while directly meaningless, they're useful in comparison) place Palpatine leagues beyond Skywalker and anyone else.

Revan was a chump compared to him. He didn't have access to many powers, nor was he as talented at using them.

12. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003
    Yah, what he said.

13. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I wish Caedus were on this poll so I could give him his one sympathy vote.

Edit: Although I voted for someone else (*cough* obvious), I think Palpatine has to get props for having actually succeeded at the goal every prior Sith failed at. And Krayt too, I guess, but meh, somehow I think Palps > Krayt because he was the original. :p

14. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    They may have loved Palpatine, but the people never really saw him as a Sith Lord - Sidious is basically an alter-ego.

15. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Thus, he succeeded where the others had failed. He created Sith domination and nobody even knew it.

16. MarcusDade

Apr 5, 2006
    People loved Palpatine because they believed his lies. People loved Revan because he was a Revan. He did not lie about what he was like Palpatine. He didn't lie to get people to love him. He turned almost all of the Jedi that followed him into the Mandalorian wars into Sith and they were willing to choose the darkside to continue following him.

17. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    What He said.

18. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    He didn't lie to his followers? Is that why he left them to rot?

Deception is an essential Sith quality, and neglecting him to fall for the mary sue is silly. :p

19. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I actually don't know half of them. But out of the ones I did, I'd have to say Palpatine/Sidious because he was a Sith lord right under the nose of the Jedi and they didn't know it.

20. MarcusDade

Apr 5, 2006
    Sidious got his butt handed to him by a teenager and a half-dead cyborg. He came back and got his butt handed to him yet again by said Teenager, now a few years older.

Revan got BLOWN UP and still survived. He then came back and destroyed the Star Force practically single handedly. He then wiped the floor with said sith Lord who blew him up.

Sidious was incredibly smart, perhaps even a genius, I'll give you that. However in terms of power and influence, I just don't think he even touches how amazing Revan was. I think Kreia said it best that when she looked at Revan it was like looking at the heart of the force. And As I said before, he chose the dark side, he didn't fall. He commanded the dark side, not the other way around. All of the other sith lords were controlled by the dark side because they fell into its lure.

21. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    Darth Bane. Deception, reinvention, cunning, power...

Some of the others are major hotshots in the Dark Side stakes too, but Darth Bane is my pick.

22. Yo_Raja

Yo_Raja Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2006
    Revan hands down.

23. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I voted for Darth Bane. The dark side =P~ at the very sound of his name.

24. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I'm so torn on this poll.

I don't think there's a clear cut answer at all.

25. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    Who the hell voted for Nihilus?

And Sids would destroy Revan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.