main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who is the greatest US President in modern history?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by The Gatherer, Jun 25, 2001.

?

Who is the greatest US President in modern history?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. George W. Bush

13.2%
  2. William Jefferson Clinton III

31.2%
  3. George Bush

0.8%
  4. Ronald Reagan

27.3%
  5. Jimmy Carter

3.4%
  6. Gerald Ford

0.8%
  7. Richard Nixon

1.8%
  8. Lyndon B. Johnson

1.0%
  9. John F. Kennedy

17.0%
  10. Dwight D. Eisenhower

3.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drk Father1

Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    He's killing people for no reason?

Last time I checked we hadn't invaded Iraq yet.

Personally I think we need to take him out before that little mushroom cloud pops up. Then all we'll hear is "Why didn't America do something sooner!"

2. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    "Why didn't America do something sooner!"

You mean way back when Reagan sold weapons to him? [face_plain]

3. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
  4. UrbanJedi

UrbanJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 1999
    Wow, I didn't think Clinton would have as many votes as he did.

I voted for G.W. Bush. He's taking care of business. That may not matter to a lot of you, but I'm in the US Air Force and to finally have a president that does something when the enemy attacks us is a great feeling.

In '96 when 19 airmen lost their lives in Khobar Towers, Saudi Arabia, Billy "The Kid" Clinton wanted to "wait and see" what was going to happen. Good plan, Willy.

A couple of years later when dozens of people lost their lives in Kenya and Tanzania, Slick Willy said, "Let's wait and see how this plays out." Good thinking, slick, let's do that.

A couple of years after that when dozens of sailors lost their lives aboard the U.S.S Cole, berthed in Yemen, The Man, the Myth, the Legend, President William Jefferson Clinton said...you guessed it, "Let's wait and see how this plays out." Gimme a frickin break. Zip up your pants and launch some rockets.

On September 11, 2001 when America fell victim to the deadliest, most cowardly attack on its soil since Pearl Harbor, G.W. Bush said, "Let's go get the Mo Fo's." (That's paraphrased. LOL)

He wiped out an entire country and is still going strong. Go get 'em, G.W., I'm with you.

5. Darth Mischievous

Darth Mischievous Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 12, 1999
    Are you people kidding who think Clinton was the greatest president in modern history?

[face_laugh]

6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Are you people kidding who think Clinton was the greatest president in modern history?

Are you implying that Dubya or Ronny was the greatest?

[face_laugh]

JFK was the greatest.

7. UrbanJedi

Dec 14, 1999
    What did JFK do? Oh yeah...Viet Nam...that's right. How could I forget. Sorry, you're right.

8. JediMasterEllic_Kier

JediMasterEllic_Kier Jedi Master star 3

Nov 17, 2002
    Reagan is the best ever.

Thanks Billy Clinton for our economy. I love Big Buisiness sticking it to the workers because of the rules you never enforced. Clinton let the Unions run over this country for 8 years. The economic downturn started DURING Clinton's last year.

YES, we provided Saddam with the weapons he needed. At the time he was fighting Iran, and we wanted them to go down. We didn't know he would turn into the bastard he is now.

Same with Osama, except he was fighting Russia.

Please read about the Electoral process BEFORE you criticise it. Especially if you are from CANADA. It does make sense.
    How is your health care system up there??

Darth GUY!!! well now. Taxes are bad because they take more money from me, and give it to the Government. That means that I can't go spend it in a store. Since I can't spend my money, less people are employed, and thus I CAN'T help drive the economy. Do they teach that in your UBER liberal high school where all the history books teach you that JFK did nothing wrong??

9. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Bush Jr. just my feelings...

10. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Do they teach that in your UBER liberal high school where all the history books teach you that JFK did nothing wrong??

Every president did something wrong, they're only human. BTW, my school is very conservative, but I like to think for myself. Don't judge someone based on their age and/or where they come from.

11. Matthew_Wolverine

Matthew_Wolverine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2002
  12. Zara_Rose

Zara_Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
  13. jedimaster5615

jedimaster5615 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2002
  14. jedimelis

jedimelis Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    Seems lots of people wish FDR were listed... you can actually say that things he implemented are in use today and therefore affects modern day...

JediMasterEllic_Kier: You should only count the actual take home salary as your salary, employers base your "salary" on what is automatically taken out for taxes..... in reality. IMHO. Wish my taxes weren't used for buying uber-expensive toys for Congress and ruining out planet.

As for ME its Billy boy. The dude was eloquent, could hold his own with foreign diplomats, introduced popular european economic policies... The whole Monica thing is immaterial to the good things he did as President.

The Bushes are a bunch of clowns, they rely on other people's brains 100% of the time and couldn't impress a foreign leader if they wanted to.... try KNOWING people's names and their respective countries.

GOP is and will continue to ruin this country.

DUBYA = Palpatine

Duping the country and forcing his way into the white house.
    :mad:

15. UrbanJedi

Dec 14, 1999
    Why do you need to know anyone's name or where they're from when we rule the world anyways? As the great Denis Leary once "We got the bombs...OKAY!"

16. JediBeowulf

JediBeowulf Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2001
    Dear God...I can't believe that Bill Clinton is in the lead for this poll?!?!

[face_laugh]

The JC'ers of the future are going to look back on this ancient and then archived poll on their future computers and laugh their arses off.

17. JediBeowulf

JediBeowulf Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2001
    Dear God...I can't believe that Bill Clinton is in the lead for this poll?!?!

[face_laugh]

The JC'ers of the future are going to look back on this ancient and then archived poll on their future computers and laugh their arses off.

18. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    JFK some of the others just screwed up the country!

19. JediMaster41589

JediMaster41589 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
    i think each had his own faults i'd say clinton

20. MikeSolo

MikeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Lyndon Johnson got us in Vietnam.

Wow, I'm Australian and I know that's not true. JFK committed US forces to Vietnam because he wanted to prove that the US would stand by it's allies and it's belief in democracy and freedom.

Yea, but JFK was going to pull the troops out of Vietnam. But since he was assissnated he couldn't do that.

21. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    Ronald Reagan

22. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
    Ronald Reagan

23. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I'd say Reagan.

24. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    I'd say Clinton because he did a lot of good things for the country. He also really helped out African-Americans. As a person he may not be that great but few presidents have. Bush only one because Jeb cheated for him in Florida.

George W. Bush is a moron. He wants to go to war no matter what, does not care about the environment, and has no clue what he is doing.

I wouldn't have even voted for FDR if he was on here because of the Japanese Internment camps which is a disgrace to American History and I have virtually no respect for him because of that.

For anyone who says Clinton is the worst president is way off. He did good things as president something a lot of others didn't do. Pierce and Buchanan didn't even do anything. Andrew Johnson had Congress turn against him and run the country, John Adams was terrible with the Alien & Sedition Acts. Millard Fillmore and John Tyler pretty much sucked and did nothing. Although they only became president because of the death of Zachary Taylor and William H. Harrison. To say Clinton is worse than any of the above is ridiculous.

All of the presidents have lied and done immoral things before. Believe me Clinton was not the first.

25. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    I'd have to say George W. Bush. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.