main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who is the more "bad" male character? Mace or Morpheus?

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Jedi_BMack, Sep 9, 2003.

?

Who is the more "bad" male character? Mace or Morpheus?

Poll closed Sep 19, 2003.
  1. Mace Windu

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Morpheus

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
  2. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Same disclaimer applies as Eric's poll... rear end, donkey, whatever...

Please note, BTW, that I said character, we all know that Sam Jackson is the baddest man in Hollywood, except for maybe Mullet. So take both characters only into account and we'll go from there.

And I would hope that even as SW fanboys (and fangirls, fanettes, fanchicks, whatever), we can all be objective. Yeah, right.

-b-

3. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Mace all the way...I don't really like Morpheus that much!!

4. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Mace all the way, I never did like Morphius, he seems like a pansy to me.

5. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Mace Windu... but for one fact alone...

This would be the whole shoot up the Twins scene in Reloaded... Morpheus had a sword and an Uzi... had it been Mace Windu, he only would have needed the sword.

This is a really tough decision for me, because I think that both Morpheus and Mace are "bad" in their own ways. Morpheus singlehandedly faced a number of agents a number of times... a feat that supposedly anyone who had attempted previous to that was killed for. Facing an entire SWAT team that beats the snot out of you and then facing 3 agents trying to crack your mind and surviving it all is very impressive. As is fighting an agent on top of a semi going 60+ mph. On the other hand, Mace Windu made Jango Fett look like a bia bia, completely destroyed a ton of droids, and really stood up to Count Dooku's threats when his own life was on the line. This was a really really tough call for me, and it was barely won by Mace.

Side trivia: Samuel L. Jackson and Johnny Depp were the original people the Wachowskis wanted to cast as Morpheus and Neo. That's what makes it even harder... trying to be objective and focus on the characters, and not SLJ and Laurence Fishburne, considering they were both up for the same character.

6. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Mace Windu is a better bad ### character then Morpheus...simply his fighting style is such a perfect balance that jedi code:

There is passion; there is serenity

He could rip your head off (sorry Jango) and look calm doing it!

7. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    I already thought Mace was one tough guy and then I read "Shatterpoint" and was totally convinced. He rocks in that book!

8. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    Mace, but it's close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.