main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Who is the most evil character in star wars?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jangounchained1990, Oct 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    I say Vitiate. Guy's "Fear of missing out" is so bad he wants to kill everything in the universe so he's all that's left.

2. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    Movie wise, Darth Sidious.
    Video game wise, Darth Nihlus, his hunger was more sinister and frightening than that Of Darth Vitiate. Yes Vitiate could control his power, but Nihlus was never satisfied and needed more and more force users thus he was nearly an out of control monster who was looking for his next fix.
    Lore wise, It really is a toss up between Exar Kun and Naga Sadow. Both completed each other and committed more sinister acts then those stated above. But it really comes down to ones point of view.

Darth Dreadwar likes this.
  3. Silas Nightstalker

Silas Nightstalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2012
    Gotta go with Vitiate.

4. Darth Aphrodite

Darth Aphrodite Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Palpatine is the Star Wars answer to the devil pure and simple and I love him for it! :)

5. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Very difficult question. Is pure hunger, the embodiment of primitive intention, evil? In that case, Darth Nihilus; Vitiate would compete, but his seemingly noble efforts to create a perfect society imply his ostensible desires to consume the entire galaxy were a ruse.

However, I would posit Cronal as a contender. A selfless devotion to evil and destruction, and the evil he did - his daughter *shudders* - in pursuit of that ascetic goal is more personal, more vile than anything Palpatine did.

6. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    I just googled that name and I have to say Shadowspawn is awful. I also had no idea that Sariss was his daughter.

Darth Dreadwar likes this.
  7. Darth Aphrodite

Darth Aphrodite Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Palpatine is British and we all know us Brits make the best bad guys! :)

panta1978 and SateleNovelist11 like this.
  8. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    *chuckles* Now that is very true.

9. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Darth Nihilus

10. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    In terms of the movies, I'd say Darth Sidious. In terms of the EU, I'd say Darth Sidious.

11. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Emperor Palpatine. The character was created as a personification of pure evil and even his actor, Ian McDiarmid, stated that the Emperor must have been evil from birth (what may not be entirely true, considering the novel Darth Plagueis).

12. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Palpatine by a mile. You know he doesn't have conscience.

13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Within the Vong, there's a few characters who stand out above the rest though.

Onimi, in particular.

14. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    what about the rakata? the species that, you know, forced every other species in the galaxy to be slaves and food, built the star forge so they would have an infinite armada fueled by the dark side of the force, and who advanced by killing and eating those above them? i mean, finding a standout amongst that group would actually be pretty flipping hard because that's all just entirely sick.

15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    While "it's a cultural thing" might work for the Rakata, it really doesn't work for humans in the GFFA, especially ones not in a survival situation:

This guy:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dezono_Qua

is almost the Hannibal Lector of Star Wars - if Lector was a rich guy in a position of power.

DarthJaceus and Amon_Amarth like this.
  16. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    just being a cultural thing really doesn't excuse those kinds of things. if it's wrong, it's wrong, you know? and the thing about the rakata is they actually succeeded in taking over the galaxy, even palps wasn't completely successful, nor was vitiate.

17. panta1978

panta1978 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 20, 2016
    If we only consider the 7 films, I agree. It's Palpatine so far. Perhaps Snoke or eventually a First Order minion fighting for him will turn out to be even more evil than the Emperor. But we have to wait Ep8 and Ep9 to say it.

I also think another potentially really evil character is Darth Maul. Unfortunally we don't know that much about him, since 90% of the time he battles, and barely speaks. It's a pity that George Lucas didn't create a psychological background for him.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  18. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    I would say Lord Shadowspawn/Cornal.

DarthJaceus likes this.
  19. Reinhard von Lohengramm

Reinhard von Lohengramm Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2016
    Palpatine of course.

DarthJaceus and panta1978 like this.
  20. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    They don't say EMPEROR'S BLACK BONES! for nuffin'! ;)

So yeah, I'm going with Palpy. He orchestrated a lot of bad stuff. Subtly. For most of the other Sith, like Exar Kun etc., they were more of a brutish type of rage-y evil. Not so intimidating as the Emperor's schemes and dictatorship and the general Dark Times feel of omnipresent oppression. Then there is some pretty messed up sadism among the Yuuzhan Vong - especially Nom Anor. Formation of the Peace Brigade, making people turn on each other, and him really enjoying all that... well that come close to Palpy level.
    The Rakata in Dawn of the Jedi were pretty high up the evil scale, yet they ended up not being smart enough in the end, so probably not as dangerous as Palpatine.

21. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    Babe and Sidious tied for me

Muruth Doole is pretty evil for a nonSith

22. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Seelah Korsin.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  23. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Palpatine first last and every answer. The man is basically the devil or dark side incarnate. He is a central villain of the saga, the EU expands upon his planning, attitudes and end games.

Second I'd say probably Vitiate-the man was very much an aweful, evil person.

Third-I don't know-various darksiders on down.

24. cookeycat

cookeycat Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2016
    Nope. Let's not troll and try to rile up users. You've been warned before. Knock it off.

25. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    cookeycat

You've been warned a couple of times on this behavior. I get that you don't like Ahsoka; but you don't need to try to rile up other users/troll about how she's a "creators pet. Let's move on.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.