main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who is the most overrated Character?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by dat_dude, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dat_dude

dat_dude Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    Title says it all.

My vote goes for Mace Windu.

He killed Jango, big deal.

He was duped by Palps. Palps was faking. So Mace is 1 for 1.

So many better Jedi and Sith, then Mace.

2. Chabacca2332

Chabacca2332 Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    why would palps fake it when he was getting shocked to death it deformed him c'mon now,you think he wants to look like how he does after he gets shocked? and me personally i think Chewbacca in episode 3 was pretty overrated c'mon he had like 4 sec's is the movie, Chewie needed some more screen time if he's gonna be lookin at me from every starwars bilboard and ad i see for Episode 3!

3. Darth_Altered

Darth_Altered Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2004
    I think Mace, too. I actually thought after Ep2, that it should've been Mace fighting Dooku, and the Yoda lightsaber fight should've been saved for the Ep3...that way at least Mace would've been given some action to back up his reputation...

Yeah, definately the most over-rated.

4. Lord_Coras

Lord_Coras Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    Plo Koon.

5. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
  6. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Aayla Secura. She is nowhere in the same league as the Fetts. She had no dialogue and Natalie is without a doubt hotter.

7. Leia's Starboard Hair Bun

Leia's Starboard Hair Bun Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 1999
    I also vote for Windu. He's supposed to be some amazing fighter. Why? Uh..because they say so. He only manages to kill Jango when Jango's backpack malfunctions (and after Jango set him on fire, no less) and otherwise does a whole lotta nothing. Oh, and he thinks spice miners on the moons of Naboo are trying to kill Amidala for some reason.

8. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    Plo Koon easily.

9. Lord_Coras

Lord_Coras Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    I also want to cast a vote on Aurra Sing.

10. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    Aayla Secura. She is nowhere in the same league as the Fetts. She had no dialogue and Natalie is without a doubt hotter.

I think Shaak-ti, Luminara, and Barris are much more interesting. Maybe I'm just saying that because Aayla is constantly being promoted, though.

11. YoungAngus

May 7, 2005
    Dude Mace defeated Palps. you gotta be good to do that. and if jangos jetpack would of worked he would of ran away. and MAce was the head of the council you have to have done some good stuff in your past to be head of the council.

12. Charr_Kahn

Charr_Kahn Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    Mace owned Palpatine, that is a long dead discussion. He obviously display's resentment when he talks about being scarred. I don't know about overrated but I can tell you Lucas' son kicked but for the 12 seconds he was in the movie so I think he was underrated. How can you say any other chrecters where under/over rated, you only saw them i action for like 4-5 seconds against 10,000 other clone troopers when they have the suprise advantage. Mace wasen't overrated but he was big headed just like the rest of the Jedi.

13. FurryFriend

FurryFriend Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2005
    Mace Windu, hands down. He's arguably the #2 man on the Council. Yet, he never demonstrated why he belongs there. Other than the showdown with Palpatine, we never see him in action. Sure, he was "beating" Palpatine, but it's arguable that Palpatine was letting him win to prove to Anakin about Jedis wanting to overthrow the Chancellor. And throughout the saga, he also comes off as being an a--hole. Never a smile on his face.

14. Obiben

Obiben Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    Jar Jar Binks...

Jedi guide, Bombad General, representative

15. YoungAngus

May 7, 2005
    Palpaitne never knew Anakin was coming, Mace disarmed him, then anakin came in so PAlps started shooting lighting. If Anakin never came in we wouldnt have episodes 4,5,6 because Palpatin would be dead.

16. Natalie_Fanboy

Natalie_Fanboy Jedi Master star 1

Jun 6, 2002
    Aayla Secura? Mace? My favorite two secondary Jedi are taking a beating.

I vote for General Grievous and Jar Jar because both characters add nothing to the story.
    They're just a way for GL to say, "Look what I can do!"

17. ExarKunPJ

ExarKunPJ Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2005
    It has to be Clonetrooper 24.
    I mean he gets one line!!! What the hell? How overated can you get? They even made a figure of him!

18. dat_dude

May 21, 2005
    I think palps knew A.Skywalker was coming. He is so strong in the force that,he could hide himself from Mace and Yoda in the first place. He used and tricked everyone in the whole triolgy. He knew Anni would come to help him. Mace was just a pawn that Palps used to convert A.Skywalker. Mace did not trust A.Skywalker and still fell into Palps trap.

Even if you think Palps was faking, though he clearly is. Mace still failed in his mission to kill Palps. He went sailing out a window to his death. So Mace in fact lost.

Just face it Mace is overrated.

19. King_Jinn

King_Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    Boba Fett.
    Useless and for all movie purposes is killed by a blind guy with a stick.

20. FurryFriend

FurryFriend Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2005
    >>Palpaitne never knew Anakin was coming,

Of course he did. How did Palpatine know Anakin has been having nightmares about Padme dying? If he can foresee that, he can surely foresee Anakin coming to his "rescue".

21. dat_dude

May 21, 2005
    FURRY FRIEND

Good Point

22. YoungAngus

May 7, 2005
    How do you get to lead the council by being overrated? Anakin even said Mace was the most powerful. Good Point GG was very overrated, he was cool looking, but a coward.

23. dat_dude

May 21, 2005
    Mace is Overrated. What did he do? He failed to kill Palps. Oh and he killed Jango. Thats it,nothing else. He set on the Council, big deal. He did nothing in the trilogy. Obi-Wan did a lot more than Mace. He killed 3 major vilians. What did Mace do?

24. renegadesith

renegadesith Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2005
    General Grievious......

A robot with a smokers hack........PLEASE!!!!!

25. dat_dude

May 21, 2005
    What Makes Mace so great?
    What did he do?
    No hypothetical questions.
    Just the facts.
    What did he do?
    He killed Jango. He failed to kill Palps.
    Is that it? Why all the praise?
    Dooku did more than that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.