main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Who is the most respected character in Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by MOC Vober Dand, Sep 8, 2014.

1. sbk1234

sbk1234 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 21, 2014
    and he shot first.

2. Sons of Liberty

Sons of Liberty Jedi Padawan

Nov 17, 2014
    Going with Yoda or Luke

3. Empress Shatterpoint

Empress Shatterpoint Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2013
    I am surprised nobody has thought of Shmi Skywalker. For a minor character, she usually inspires a lot of respect in fans. She was portrayed as a consistently selfless, courageous and wise throughout the darkest of circumstances in TPM and AOTC. Despite Anakin being all she had in her slave life, she still let him go to the Jedi for a better life, and told him 'not to look back' in hopes of instilling a higher peace of mind within him, despite it meaning she would likely never saw him again. She accepted Anakin's role in helping Qui-Gon & Padmé, despite the risk it posed to his personal safety(pod-racing) because she saw that them getting help mattered more on a bigger scale than Anakin being in danger, and that despite all the risks involved, nothing was better for one(slave)'s soul than spreading hope. When she was dying after brutally being tortured(and who knows what else), she still focused on the positive-of being reunited with her son. She focused on providing comfort until the end. Furthermore, she is as wise as-even wiser, I'd say, than any of the acclaimed wise ones, such as Yoda, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan. Her 'You can't stop change any more than you can stop the suns from setting' is probably the purest proverb of the whole saga. She has a humble nature, never pretends to be something more than she is, is more accepting of life circumstances than anyone in the whole saga, has consideration for the individual AND the Greater Good, always makes the moral but hardest decisions, never focused on herself. She is beautifully in tone with humanity...the one truly BALANCED character.

Other characters with alleged respect tend to still have dividing fanbase, with various degrees of respect, e,g,, Mace & Anakin receiving polarizing acclaim, Yoda/Obi-Wan/Gui-Gon possessing a small but vocal bashing community for morally ambiguous actions despite having the overall respect of folks, or Palpatine/Vader-Anakin possessing skills-based respect but lacking exemplary behavior character wise. In contrast, I have never heard a negative remark thrown at Shmi Skywalker;she might be in fact the only character who has not been bashed, even in the smallest degree, by anyone from what I can see.

4. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    badass? HAN was weak. He should have paid Jabba of and left the Rebellion like he planned. Han was a sucker nothing really tough about him.

5. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Probably Qui Gon Jinn. To me he's the most "OT-esque" character in the PT, as well as the fact he's cool and played by an excellent actor.

Marco1907 likes this.
  6. Master Fisto

Master Fisto Jedi Knight

Jun 10, 2013
    This is such a hard question to answer! The Star Wars saga is to larget to narrow it down to one charecter.

It's a tie between:
    Obi-Wan-Kenobi, Yoda, C-3PO & R2D2, and last but not least Supreme Chancellor Palpatine.

7. Commander Krix

Commander Krix Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    Had you not said that, I would've said just about anything that anyone else is saying, like Obi-Wan, Yoda, Qui-Gon, etc.

High five to you, my friend. ;)

8. sbk1234

sbk1234 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 21, 2014
    I have to say I disagree. You are talking ethics, not toughness (ie badassery.) Regardless, most people think of Han as a tough and respected character.

Sarge likes this.
  9. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I feel all fans love and respect Chewie, though, he didn't get a medal on Alderaan.

10. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    I would say Ob-Wan, and then runner up Qui-Gon.

11. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Chewy, no contest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    I don't like Chewie I'm afraid.
    On A side note I would say R2 and Threepio.
    They humanise technology more and have a good relationship that shows there good friends.

13. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    I'm not so sure about 3PO. Quite a number of fans seem to find him slightly irritating and in some cases redundant. R2 is definitely a contender. As a matter of curiosity, why don't you like Chewie?

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I will say vader.

15. smoothkaz

smoothkaz Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 25, 2014
    Probably Obi-Wan I would say.

16. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    Obi-Wan or Yoda.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Obi one is up there to.

18. HeadingSouth

HeadingSouth Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 4, 2014
    Obi-Wan.

Darth Vader's chances were ruined after the divisive performance in the prequels surely.

19. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
  20. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Obi-Wan Kenobi.
    Even Grievous calls him General Kenobi!
    Lots of great choices from everyone here. Great thread btw. Recently revived.

21. Kuro

Kuro Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 17, 2015
    Even Plinkett liked the Emperor in the PT, so the Emperor is definitely up there. I’d also say that Luke and Han are up there. The only people I’ve encountered who seem to dislike Han are super hardcore die-hard PT fans.

22. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I hate Han, and I like the OT.

He's just boring to me, and has a rather predictable 'smuggler with a heart of gold arc'.

I also find his attitude to Leia awkward and I just don't like the character.

Luke's cool though.

23. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I always respected Admiral Ackbar. And even in the Legend books many regarded him highly even Military leaders of the Empire.

24. DaveyWanKenobi

DaveyWanKenobi Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 4, 2015
    I might have to go with Chewbacca. At least if you mean fan appriciation of characters and not other character's appreciation of them.(Since Leia clearly isn't all too fond of him at first)

But seriously, someone has something negative to say about every popular character, but how often do you here people talking smack about Chewie? Almost never.

25. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Obi-Wan Kenobi

Sent from my R8 unit