main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST WHO is the person in Black (From thre Teaser)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthBreezy, Nov 29, 2014.

?

WHO is the person in Black (From thre Teaser)

1. Andy Serkis (Mo cap Alien)

1.7%
  2. Gwendoline Christie

9.9%
  3. Oscar Isaac

1.2%
  4. Lupita Nyong'o

1.7%
  5. Adam Driver

78.5%
  6. Mark Hamill -- Luke

1.2%
  7. Not Listed/Other

5.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I think it is Andy Serkis but I don't think it is a Mo-Cap character of his, I tend to believe the report that Serkis plays multiples characters in the movie, may be the trilogy.

2. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    It's obvious it is John Boyega.

3. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Yep. I like this.

I've always liked the sound of a Sith "Grave-robber." A being who collects ancient (and maybe not so ancient, too) Sith artifacts. And if it turns out that the mask truly is Revan's, and this is the first step towards getting him into the canon (maybe even foreshadowing an Old Republic project which features Revan in some capacity)? I think that would be awesome.

So, an ancient, medieval-looking lightsaber (maybe Darth Bane's?), Revan's mask, Darth Vader's mask... quite the impressive collection.

Now, if you're a collector of all things Sith, let's think about the other canon Sith and ask, what would you try to track down from Maul? From Dooku?

The Emperor? What did the almighty Darth Sidious posses (other than the galaxy, itself :p), that would be desirable to a collector? His Sith clasp? His cloak? His cane? Each of these were likely atomized at Endor.

And I wonder what one might collect from Plagueis? His secret, hand-written notes on cheating death through the manipulation of midi-chlorians?

I guess the obvious answer to all of these might be the Sith Lords' personal lightsabers?

4. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    It's obviously Yoda! Duh!

Ok, seriously, I'll admit it's probably Driver. But I voted "Other" because of my crazy theory.

It's a flashback to ancient days featuring an old Sith (J.J. really digs flashbacks, 'member?) The force awakens, perhaps for the first time ever. But something happens and the dark side emerges, which is "the ancient fear." The blade shape harkens back to a medieval-type period.

5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Darth Bane's new apprentice

6. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    Why do we think theres a sith collector. Exactly how did that rumor come about? Im not convinced of any crazy old sith hearing voices and collecting artifacts...

I understand theres that creepy pic but the pic itself is not conclusive.

7. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    "Mesa gonna taken de Jedi outsies."
    [​IMG]

8. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Driver for sure.

9. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I bet on it being Driver.;)

10. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    There's no question it's Adam. Gwendoline plays a chrometrooper commander without a doubt.

starocean90 likes this.
  11. Death_Jar_Jar

Death_Jar_Jar Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    He did kind of walk like Jar Jar [face_thinking]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Just waiting for the official Ahmed Best's in TFA announcement.

WatTamborWoo and Adaven like this.
  13. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    It’s a big, tall person. Driver.

14. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    Pretty sure it's Adam Driver.

15. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Force Ghost star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    If you've ever watched Driver in action, it certainly looks like it could be him. It's such a mysterious shot in a beautiful setting...I love the look. I can't wait to find out what this person in the woods is doing.

16. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014

There's a concept art depicting a crazed looking cyborg lovingly looking at the remains of Vader's helmet. That helmet is special to him. I think the rumor was born from that...that he is a collector of such things.

Adaven likes this.
  17. Tatooine Twilight Twins

Tatooine Twilight Twins Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014

And that's when I walk out of the theater. ;)

18. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003

Thats where it should stay. A rumor with no basis in fact.

I dont get that feeling from that pic at all that he is "lovingly gazing on a helmet" Nor do i even see the relevance of having a sith collector in the film. Maybe a pawnshop owner who likes to collect those things in a scene i can see that...but as a central character cyborg who collects sith stuff and et cetera....no. But thanks for answering though.

19. butlerd

butlerd Jedi Master star 1

Dec 31, 2008
    Nor would it be a "typical" SW movie ending.

20. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Yeah Driver, but who is he playing? Revan? A fan of Revan? A clone of Revan? A fan of a clone of Revan?

21. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

I don't think the lightsaber is Bane's–canon Bane apparently did not use a lightsaber, but a light pike (with an oddly-curved blade).

[​IMG]

But I like the idea. Who knows; maybe Bane had more than one weapon over the course of his career. I do think it's quite possible (maybe even probable) that this saber is a relic, given the pulsating, wild effect on its blade. I think if the grave robber rumor is true, that the possibility of it being an ancient lightsaber goes way up.

Here's a thought–what if he had Sidious' holocron? That could be very, very cool.

starocean90 and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  22. Acroyear

Acroyear Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    Isn't this talked about extensively in the 'Who's the Baddie' thread? Why does this need it's own thread? This should at least merge with that thread, if not be locked all together.

23. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    How convenient that we already have a backstory on how that came to be. [face_thinking]

Redimet likes this.
  24. Enkei

Enkei Jedi Master star 1

Dec 4, 2003
    I bet it's someone not as important to the overall story as most people think. Probably just a secondary villain.
    As far as the person in the costume it most likely is driver though.

25. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    The Sith artifact hunter could explain why they introduced Korriban/Morriband in TCW making it canon. OT - Every time I see that walk I just smile. Whoever this villain is sure does look ferocious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.