main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Who is the real person behind

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Pikaroth, Aug 24, 2004.

?

Who is the real person behind "monkeynutz"?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Sabacc / Campbell

5.9%
  2. JediScout / Dale

5.9%
  3. Chewbacca1138 / Stefanie

5.9%
  4. Pikaroth / Brandon

23.5%
  5. raiza123 / Melanie

41.2%
  6. askywalker98 / Anthony

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. LoboStele / Aaron

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. RogueScribner / Mike

5.9%
  9. DantanaSkywalker / Dana

5.9%
  10. Ruckus / James

5.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
  2. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    I just wanted to let everyone know that I am withholding my vote for now in order for others to judge on their own. I have my ideas, but I want to see enough votes before I throw mine in.

Brandon

3. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I don't know whether to view my vote as a compliment or an insult.

:p

L8r

4. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    At the request of the user, this information has been removed.

Dana

5. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Crap. Just to be fair, I believe I used a "fake" first name for DantanaSkywalker here.

Everyone who knows me knows full well I strive for accuracy and get rather furious when I screw up.

Sorry.

Brandon

I'm not trying to come down on you, but I really don't want my real name posted on here. I've had trouble with it in the past and am thus slightly paranoid. I'm assuming you got my name from Campbell, because I don't see any other way you would have come across it, and I don't relaly care, but I would appreciate it if no one used it on here. Thanks.

6. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Wow Im flattered that I received a vote. Dont know what I did to deserve it but Im flattered none the less.

7. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Calm. Let us all be calm. Everyone, my friends, my enemies, something Earth shattering has just occured. Hell may have just frozen over. That's right. I know you will be in shock, but, I have... I have... I have been edited.

Not only that, not only have I faced the ultimate disgrace, but I have been edited for *no* reason whatsoever. I violated no rules, no regulations, no laws, nothing whatsoever.

I now know how a battered woman feels. In fact, to be edited for no reason is far worse than any amount of physical abuse. I have been silenced on the whim of someone else simply because that person has the power to do it.

I did something disgraceful... I used a name. I did what I have ALWAYS done, and because someone is scared, I get edited. I am going to make a telephone call to Michael Moore, so he can look into this and take serious action.

Things here have gone in circles in terms of what is appropriate and what is not. This all started with one edit, and it grew from there. In that time, we learned what some feel is proper to post and what others feel is not. Many things were said and shared. Some of it was good, some of it was bad. This time, however, there is absolutely NO excuse to edit my post, none. Something must be done. There are no rules against using someone's real name. I did not use her last name, I did not post her address, telephone number, birthplace, shoe size, measurements, hair color, where she parks her car, and many other things. I posted her *first* name. Everyone who does not know me, go back and read any of my posts from the first day I was here. I have never, and I will never, use someone's screen name. It is tacky, childish, moronic, and just downright stupid. I will not do that. I just won't. If I want to talk about something JediScout did, I will say Dale. If I want to talk about the newest toy Sabacc got, I will say Campbell. If I wish to talk about Chewbacca1138 and her film crew that follows her around, I will say Stefanie. No exceptions, ever.

Now, before someone jumps in and says, "Well, okay, can't you call the person by his or her 'other' name if they have one?" No, I will not. I am not going to call someone by his or her stupid Star Wars name. If anyone thinks I am just saying that, I would kindly ask you to send a PM to Stefanie and ask her to tell you about the first real time I got to know her, the day I saved her from a guy who called himself, IN PERSON, "Magus." Everyone just called him "Magus." I refused to do this. You are NOT a Star Wars character, you never will be a Star Wars character. You can make costumes, buy the toys, write fan fiction, go to meetings, anything you want, and you are still the normal person that you are. You are not a Jedi, you are not loved, you are alone even amongst friends, you do not "live" in a FANTASY universe created by George Lucas.

You may find it funny, but looking back, I can see how *maybe* my post seemed like something saying, "Hey, check this out, I GOT THIS NAME" or something. If that is what I wanted to say, trust me, I'd say it. That was not the case. I simply realized I made a mistake and corrected it by posting your actual first name. You took this "power" you possess and used it to your own advantage when it suited you. What if, say, Campbell did not want me to use his name? He cannot edit it out. He can do nothing about it EXCEPT talk to me, PM me, ask ME TO EDIT IT, and explain the reasons behind it. He can ask me to NOT do it again, and then it is still up to me if I do or not. You, however, have this little ability to edit posts, so you see something you don't like, something that violates zero rules, and you edit it? Shame on you.

If you did not want me using your name, you need to take that up with me. You need to ASK me, yes, ask me, if you may edit my post.

May I know tell you that if anyone ever even refers to me in ANY way, by my real name, my screen name, or any other way, I want it edited? By doing what you did, you imply every last one of us can

8. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I don't care WHERE you got it. The fact is that you posted private information WITHOUT MY PERMISSION.

I edited it because I did not want that information sitting there any longer than it already had. You did not ask my permission to post that information, which is a violation of my privacy. I was not doing anything that was not within my rights. I did not know how long it would take for you to respond to a PM, so I took the information out. I don't care if you don't want to call someone by their "Star Wars" name or not. You did not have the right to post my name online without my express permission.

And Dana has been my nickname, both online and off, for a very long time. You can darn well call me that.

Dana

9. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    You stepped in what?

10. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    The fact remains that I consider it private information. I only give it to those that I choose to. I've made the decision to have it on my name tag, but perhaps you haven't considered the fact that I've had, to date, at least two online stalkers? I don't need another one coming across my name and finding me that way.

I don't care if you use my name at meetings. But online, I expect it to remain private. That's all there is to it. And if you think I need your permission to edit your post, that's not true. And, to use your example, if you posted something about someone they wanted to remain private, asked you to remove it, and you said no . . . I could edit that, as well. Any moderator could.

Dana

11. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    I cant get it off my shoe!

12. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    This is a public forum. Your name is public information. Therefore it can be posted without your permission.

Board policy says that posting any personal information about a user (mod or otherwise) without their permission is prohibited. This includes their names.

Kimball Kinnison

13. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    Everybody was Kung Fu fighting!

14. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    I believe it may have been invasive of her Privacy. The fact that she posts it on her website doesn't mean anything other than the fact that that's where she chose to post it.

I've gotten into this debate with a few Daytona members when I posted their pictures on our website. They didn't like that, so I took them down. I made immense fun of them simply because we've been friends for years, but nonetheless I removed them simply because they didn't want something that they deemed private on the internet.

I see it more as a courtesy than a rule.

15. LoboStele

LoboStele Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2002
    OK, here's how I see this...

Brandon, you probably were wrong to post her info without her permission...

HOWEVER, it was MORE wrong of Dantana to abuse her privileges as a moderator in order to edit your post. If I had a problem with my name being up there (which I don't) I would have to personally email/PM/call Brandon in order to have him take it down.

So...Yes, her name should not have been up there. But as Dale and Brandon both pointed out, it's not specifically stated in the TOS, and I highly doubt the benefits of being a moderator include just looking out for your own good.

Next time Dantana, ask nicely first.

16. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    You dont have my premission to use my name!

Just kidding, I like stalkers, wish I had a few myself.

17. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    When will the madness end? :)

L8r

18. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    As far as I am concerned, privacy is not even outlined in the Constitution of the USA...as for these terms of service, what are you people going to do if we break them? Ban us...oooh big deal. I have all the emails and im's of the people I WANT to talk to...and if worse came to pass, I could make MY OWN forum where I can write whatever I want. Now, I write on here because the people that I talk to do. If EVERY SINGLE post I write someone's first name in or whatever is edited then I will go elsewhere.

As far as the first name thing: NOWHERE did DantanaSkywalker tell Brandon (oops I used a first name!!! BAN ME!) NOT to use her first name. Therefore, she CANNOT say he violated her rights...or whatever. Had she expressely communicated the fact that she doesn't like her first name used, then Brandon could've prevented himself from typing it out. Just because she is moderator does not give her the power to edit the post. If HER name is private, then why isn't mine, or Dale's or Brandon's or Ia's or Melanie's or Campbell's? Are you going to edit all of those names? WHY can YOUR name be edited? Don't I RUN THE SAME RISK OF BEING STALKED?!!!

Spare me...

19. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    And, with that, Stefanie speaks up. She is right in that is she now going to be stalked? Oh dear, *I* am going to be stalked now.

These alleged stalkers of yours, were they TheForce.Net users? I mean, is this where they got your information or is this stalking issue beyond the boards, people you met in real life and began looking in your windows? I hope that you scream and whine every single time you see your name in any instance. At your work place, if you are employee of the month or something, make damned sure they call you by your Star Wars name! God forbid *anyone* know your name. Plus, had we had a meeting and had you attended, what name would you have given us? You stated then we could call you by your actual name, but not on here? What about via telephone or e-mail? If I compose a letter to you, how would I address you? Everyone, from now on, I wish to be referred to on here as God. Pikaroth is dead, Brandon is dead, but God is who I am.

Is that okay? I have that right, correct? The simple fact of the matter is that your name, far more than just your first name, is public record, and you have absolutely zero right to tell *anyone* not to use it. You can *ask* them not to, you can explain to them why you do not want them to, you can do whatever you need to do, but you cannot MAKE them not use it. I, along with you and everyone else, have the right to pretty much call people what I want. You, of course, have the right to not listen or walk away or argue the point. However, you cannot censure me.

If you have a court order or some such thing that, in fact, forbids me or anyone else from using your first name, I'd like to see a copy of it, and I will respect it. However, that document does not exist.

I know full well you will not post about the stalker issue, but if you have the courage to do so, I think we would all like to hear the stories behind them. It's amazing how many people think they are stalked when, in fact, they are not. Am I saying you were not stalked? No, not in the least. I am, however, questioning it. It's one thing to be stalked, it's another thing to be stalked *twice*. That is rare.

To those that know me, I know I bring issues of safety up, perhaps, a tad too much (or not enough), but I am going to do so again: if you are honestly as scared of the world as you seem to be, if you are honestly SCARED when your *first* name appears somewhere, I would highly recommend taking some training and obtaining your concealed weapons permit. In the state of Florida, you have every right to use deadly force against a stalker. At least carry some O.C. Spray (aka Pepper Spray) to protect yourself. You make yourself sound like people cannot stay away from you, so I wouldn't be surprised if you have a guy looking over your shoulder right now.... watch out!

Now, some may read that and think, "How dare you make light of someone's potential dangerous situation!" Tough. Had you come here and just "been one of us," so to speak, none of this would be happening. Had you met us and the subject of your name come up in normal conversation, the issue of stalkers, and the like come up, we could have discussed it in a calm, adult, and orderly way. We may have even felt bad for you or seen things from your point of view.

None of that happened, though. After your blatant disregard for your "duties" as a moderator (or Moddess as you like to call yourself), everything you say is now suspect.

When it comes down to it, I highly doubt you are ever going to get along with or like me, Dale, Stefanie, or Melanie. The four of us (yes, even Stefanie who is a Lifetime Member just not around at the moment) make up a good size chunk of the Orlando System (Fan Force), so your best bet, really, is just to stop reading the Orlando forum. You will not be annoyed by us, we will not be annoyed by you, your entire being will cease being an issue to us, and we can all get on with enjoying Star Wars, friends, names, and having fun the way we used to.

When you first posted here, w

20. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    Who cares? It's all over. Stop waisting your fingers Brandon and just let it die down. Cant we all just move on?

21. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Let this issue conclude now, please. :)

22. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    I asked specifically to be referred to as God, and you have now used my name without permission.

I request Anthony's post be edited. If I do not see it edited as per my request, I am going to contact someone above the moderators that are around here.

Thank you.

Brandon

P.S. Only I may use my name.

23. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Why do you want to keep this going? Everyone has spoken their minds on the issue. How about focusing more on meetings and events, bringing the group together, rather than trying to dwelling on the hegative?

24. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Because when someone is wronged, justice must prevail. I have never, will never, be one to forgive and forget. It's just not going to happen. I could care less who asks me, this will not die down here or at any future meetings. It will continue to be brought up until such a time as an apology is issued.

Brandon

25. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    Thats very ... heartless of you Brandon. Not to mention childish. (no insult intended) Why cant you just learn to forgive and forget? Just rise above it. I used to have some respect for you, but you have lost that. Just let everything go, it's not that hard, really. I think you can do it. Just give it a try.

-Anthony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.