main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Who is the rightful heir to the Imperial Throne?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by comradepitrovsky, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    There would be no Rebellion as we know it. Anakin would have locked the doors to the Senate and probably slaughtered a good portion of the senators as traitors himself. .:p

Strangely enough the people would cheer because then he would go free the slaves and and redistribute the wealth of those upper class he no longer needed. A man like Anakin is marked indelibly by his life of slavery. He never left those slave quarters.

Oh, genocidal purge of Hutts would be a thing. For sure. He would kill them.

The Corporate Sector...he would kill a lot of them.

One day he would have to kill Tarkin.

He'd kill Mas.

He'd have crap load of monuments to Padme built on Naboo and people there would live more in fear than they ever did under Palpatine.

Anyway, Anakin kills everything. And then he kills it some more.

He's the Buffy of Star Wars. His gift is death. :p

2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    The more interesting question is not only if Anakin killed Obi-wan and Palpatine at the end of ROTS... but also if Padme had decided to join him and become his Empress, mother of Prince Luke and Princess Leia.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    BobaMatt; I remember Emperor Skywalkers rule being a just one, if not a little short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darth Caliban, BobaMatt and Iron_lord like this.
  4. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    Emperor Anakin would be well thought of by the common person, I think, but would slaughter his way to victories -- Hutt Space would just not be a thing. Cause all the Hutts would be dead.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  5. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Would Vader becoming Emperor in 19 BBY be significantly different than Vader as Emperor say around 0 BBY?

Would their policies and personalities as Emperor be significantly different?

Darth Caliban likes this.
  6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Vader by ANH is much more self-disciplined... and ironically, more like a Jedi in temperament (besides the whole being evil thing).

7. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    I wonder how many people would follow Vader though. Thrawn for example never seemed to hold him
    in high regard.

8. Palizinha

Palizinha Jedi Master star 1

Jul 12, 2015
    Well, if Vader had won in Mustafar, he'd be the one to get to Padmé afterwards, not Obi-Wan. So while she may have still died, he'd have the kids. That would already make it different from him being the Emperor from ANH.

9. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I imagine an OT era Emperor Vader would have gotten all sorts of reactions from the Imperial Elite. The military and intelligence brass would be terrified. The various dark siders would serve him yet also look for weakness to exploit. The Grand Admirals, Moffs, and the imperial court would have shuddered yet also sought to keep him in check while be being subservient to him in the open.

Emperor Vader in 19 BBY wouldn't be so well known an entity I'd think he'd probably kill a lot of people and may or may not have been a good governor.

10. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    That's a Zahn thing, not a Thrawn thing. Everyone written by Zahn dislikes Vader.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  11. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    One good thing is I think he would do away with corrupt officials, as well as the Imperial Court and the trappings of nobility and aristocracy, and just made the Empire into a more pure military machine. Like the First Order, actually. But without Death Stars or Starkiller bases or other superweapons. Just a very large, powerful Imperial Starfleet. And yeah, he'd probably try to right all the wrongs he perceived in the galaxy, and at the top of that list would be the criminal underworld especially the Hutts and the slave trade. And if he became Emperor pre-ANH, I'm not sure how he would have dealt with the Imperial Senate, since he wouldn't want the Death Star.

JediFett10 likes this.
  12. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    How would the hands, prophets of the dark sides, inquisitors, and the other Sith lite or dark side organizations have been treated by him. How would they perceive him?

13. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    The Inquisitors (at least the first of them) were trained to a certain extant by Vader. So I can defiantly see them being loyal. The Shadow Guards and Emperor's Hands would try to kill Vader for sure. They would probalby be massacred by Vader's forces similar to what Carnor Jax would do, 11 years later. I'm not very sure about the Prophets, though.

14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Well any who challenged him would be killed quickly, and the rest would submit.

15. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013

What's wrong? You find my lack of faith in him disturbing?

16. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Completely. Vader circa ANH supports the system. It would be a continuation of the Palpatine Empire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. AzureOwl

AzureOwl Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 27, 2015

Tell that to Torrhen Stark. ;)

18. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Attempt to kill him and be confused when he takes it personally.

19. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Brief NU tangent:

One thing I'm looking forward to after the VADER comic is -- hopefully -- more of the kind of pro-Vader sentiment we saw demonstrated by Thanoth. It was really rather refreshing to have an extremely competent imperial recognise that Vader, himself, was extremely competent and a promising Emperor-in-waiting rather than just some blunt instrument.

20. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I always found it strange Zahn was so hard on Vader when the OT was mostly about him cleaning up everyone else's failures.

Ulicus and darklordoftech like this.
  21. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    In Legends Vader was more than a blunt instrument. He trained various dark side acolytes, his very presence kept the brass in line(for the most part), he often attended imperial functions, and occasionally sent others on missions as well.

Vader as a ruler I don't think would have any patience for political wrangling or intrigue both pre-lava burn and post lava burn. I could see Vader as hands on whe it comes to management, ensuring fleets are built and maintained, infrastructure developed and protected, rebels, Pirates, and separatists brought to heel, other minor powers paying obeisance. Whereas Palpatine left actual management of the Empire to Pestage and the Ruling Council Vader would probably sideline if not slaughter those factions.

He'd probably have strict schedules, wouldn't tolerate corruption or dissent, and would probably be an effective if terrifying boss.

SpecForce Trooper, Ghost and JABoomer like this.
  22. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I see Palpatine as a bureaucratic ruler in a deadly decadent court.

I see Vader as more a straight warlord and Genghis Khan/Alexander figure.

23. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Vader can't hold himself for long should he become emperor.
    Because he only leads through fear and fear alone. Nobody follows Darth Vader out of loyality like people do for Thrawn and also Palpatine. Palpatine has spend decades creating a political image for himself using propaganda to win the support of ar least most humans in the galaxy.
    Vader has nothing of this as he is no political player, his obly way of keeping the galaxy in check would be through fear and operssion. And while he certanly can keep a fleet in line he can't be everywere. Probably every imperial commander would start to sheme against him when he turns his back to them for a moment. Of course he would discover several plots but not all.
    And of cours e Vader probably knows little about governing, Anakin certainly didn't and I doubt he would have learned much about it.
    His misrule would cause even more rebellions and he wouldn't be able to keep the empire together.

Charlemagne19
    Yeah Vader would be a warlord. Alexander the Great had the main part of his forces madeout of troops that were loyal to him, the Macedons. Vader has no souch center, he has no friends and nobody likes him.

24. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I disagree with this a great deal. In Legends, Vader turned out to be quite popular with the front line.

Voltron64 likes this.
  25. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    The main difference in their rules would be that Vader would actually want to create peace and order. In very hard, oppressive and ultimately self-serving ways. For Palpatine instead everything is only a stepping-stone on his way to godhood (or whatever his ultimate goal is) and he has absolutely no thought given to ever make anyone else's life better.
    But he loves his job, I doubt that Vader would.