main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Who is the ugliest character in all of star wars ?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Jangounchained1990, Aug 14, 2015.

1. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015

Again not that I ain't bumping BUT honestly? LOL - that must be Ephant Mon's COUSIN!

Honestly though ... this guy reminds me seriously of ... ORGA FROM GODZILLA: https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIoe2Eo8b2xwIVg1KmCh3BRQ0p

2. Darth Ukendt

Darth Ukendt Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2015
    Eh, he's not the worst looking, he kinda reminds me of this guy:

[​IMG]

But more handsome.

3. PHIERY

PHIERY Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2009
    Without bringing looks into consideration, I would have to say the Princess is the ugliest.

4. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    If we're going to go there I think The Emperor outranks her by far.

PHIERY likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I personally find this thread rather mean-spirited but I am leaving it open for now.

The moment the looks of real people involved in Star Wars get bashed, the padlock comes out.

GrimdarkRose likes this.
  6. PHIERY

Feb 7, 2009
    In Palpies defence, he is a politician. So naturally he won't be viewed in a very good light. Politicians are much like used car salesmen - their methods sometimes make them ugly.

As for the Princess, there is just something in the personality of the character, that I have never liked.

To each their own I guess. :)

HevyDevy likes this.
  7. HevyDevy

Apr 13, 2011
    Her character is a little dated, but I can imagine if I had grown up when the movies were released she would seem to me like the ideal archetype of a female lead.
    I still kind of think that now.

PHIERY likes this.
  8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    If we're talking about ugly personalities...

Palpatine. Sheer evil AND covered by passive-aggressiveness. Ugh.

Satine in the latter part of TCW. Stop whining about your "principles" and do something to help yourself.

Mother Talzin, for evicting Asajj from the Nightsister clan.

And Jabba the Hutt. Please tell me this does not need explanation.

9. PHIERY

Feb 7, 2009
    I was pretty young when SW came to be. Naturally, Leia was the only choice for girls to look up to. Then a couple of years later 'Alien' came out and Ripley became the heroine that cinema and movie making needed. She paved the way for other aspiring actresses, who have since become the main lead in movies. Whereas Leia's character, I feel was just the typical generic add on of an era gone by.

10. HevyDevy

Apr 13, 2011
    Fair enough.

Tbh I'm not a massive fan of her in ANH, rather I like where they went with it in ESB and ROTJ. I know that isn't the most popular opinion, but ANH (in general actually) seems a little less mature.

PHIERY likes this.
  11. PHIERY

Feb 7, 2009
    I think Palps had to use passive aggressiveness in order for him to reach his goals. Besides using stealth and being sneaky, I really can't see any other way for him to become Chancellor/Emperor.

I have to go back and watch Clone Wars again. There's a few references here in these boards that I don't fully remember. Any excuse to watch anything SW :p

Jabba - he's hideous inside and out. There is no excuse for slavery.

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Palpatine have felt he "had to" be passive aggressive, but that does not keep me from finding passive-aggressiveness a hideous character trait.

Agreed on Jabba.

13. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    The food vendor that got mad at jar jar in TPM.

14. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
  15. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    There are a lot of uglier characters out there, but when one thinks about it Bib Fortuna, when compared to the females of his species, he is quite disgusting looking.

This leads me to believe that at the time of ROTJ before the EU, Bib and Oola weren't intended to be the same species.

16. PHIERY

Feb 7, 2009
    Bib kinda reminds me of the elephant man

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  17. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007

That movie is sooo sad. Based on a true story too.

18. DarthBrendon85

DarthBrendon85 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2015
    I was just going to say Bib Fortuna!!

Also Watto with his unshaved face

19. PHIERY

Feb 7, 2009
    It's a great performances by John Hurt and Anthony Hopkins.
    Oddly enough, it was one David Lynch's very few 'normal' movies. At one stage, Lynch was asked to direct ROTJ.
    I love Lynch as a director, but I know how he would've gone directing a SW movie.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  20. The Sith Camp

Mar 10, 2015
    Look guys revisiting this site I don't mean to be an advocate for any BUT isn't the saying 'beauty is but skin-deep and a perception?' I mean well for instance Ephant Mon - whilst considered imposing, bulky and frightening and well no doubt unpleasant BUT by Chevin standards when he was young he was considered handsome? Or the fact Jabba's father Zorba the Hutt had hair - facial hair for the moment and that was considered a defect and undesirable by Hutt standards and well for us humans well hair - beards to a degree are considered important in culture ... or likewise suppose whilst many probably considered Female Red or Blue-skin tealed Twi'leks to be exquisite, rare and beautiful I'll bet some species probably find them repulsive and disgusting ...

I mean why else does :han: and Bossk taunt one another by calling one another ugly? Given :han: goes 'Man you lizards are ugly real close...' and likewise Bossk snapped back 'the sentiment is mutual ... human...'

21. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007

Well... I thought we were going for psychically ugliest sentient Aliens... (Which can be a dime a dozen) But personality-wise Jabba, Tarkin, and Palpatine (even pre-scarred version) are the ugliest characters I suppose.

EDIT: The Sith Camp We were referring to a sad movie based on a true story of the friendly and kind "Elephant Man" not Elephant Mon.

PHIERY and The Sith Camp like this.
  22. PHIERY

Feb 7, 2009
    I think everyone's answers have been respectful on a topic that could've turned ugly itself a long time ago. Surprisingly, not all answers have been about how ugly characters are in appearance. For example, I found Leia's personality to be ugly even though she was beauty to behold. Many people believe Palps personality is ugly. Then there's the general consensus Jabba is ugly inside and out.
    I can honestly say, sarlaccsaurs-rex and myself were respectful to the true story of the Elephant Man, by ultimately showing our admiration.

23. The Sith Camp

Mar 10, 2015
    PHIERY and sarlacc-saursrex - ofc yes I knew there is a difference between Ephant Mon and Joseph Merrick; well for the matter whilst Ephant Mon could be a brutal imposer and enforcer for Jabbah - Joseph Merrick was definitely not an ill-tempered thug but from what I just read indeed actually a pleasant and gentle personality and quite well educated and I looked on Wikipedia there is a photo of his letters and quite interesting handwriting!

Hello again! Well I was thinking BOTH Physical and Mental anyways ...

And Palpatine - c'mon man in the EU - and I don't GIVE A FORCE if Disney says its not 100% cannon anymore BUT in the Darth Plagueis novel - if the fact Palpatine was already a bloodlusted killer and arrogant, cruel, violent and above all having a 'NEVER GAVE A FORCE ABOUT ANYONE OR ANYTHING' attitude cements his reputation already ...

And well Jabba the Hutt - no contest for sure ...

But then again I did mention the 'Man you lizards are ugly real close...' and likewise Bossk snapped back 'the sentiment is mutual ... human...' - there you go ... I'd laugh though IF honestly Trandoshans found beautiful female models - human female models to be basically repulsive and ugly ... and disgusting ... just like how well we might find the females of certain other species such as Hutts or well Trandoshans for the matter to be also ugly but considered beautiful by their standards ...

PHIERY - really? But I thought Princess :leia: 's 'tough anti-Nerf Herder' personality was far from ugly ... I mean well even now by Disney Princess standards before and after - what good exactly is it if one is like Snow White? Well I don't hate Snow White BUT well she's kinda vulnerable and innocent and well we know in the real world it can be cruel and cold-shouldered...

24. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007

I agree on what is considered attractive differs by different species.

Oh yea... the way Palpy killed his whole family in Plagueis was disturbing. (I love how 'robot chicken star wars 3' referenced the novel :p )

As for Jabba, anyone that makes their wealth off of the exploitation of women, distribution of the GFFA equivalent of heroin (spice), weapons dealing, cruelty to animals, and enjoys public executions for "fun". Not to mention being the most phsyicaly repulsive subjectivly, is the obvious winner of ugliest character imo

anakinfansince1983 and PHIERY like this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    You all have done an excellent job keeping this topic respectful and I appreciate it.