Who is the worst couple?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi_Master_Allya, Jun 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Allya Jedi Master

star 2
    Is it Han and Bria?
    Luke and Callista/Mara?
    Jacen and Danni/Tenel Ka?
    Jaina and Zekk?
    Wedge and Qwi/Iella?
    Who?

I think the worst couples are Luke and Callista, Wedge and Qwi, and Jacen and Danni. Who do you think are the least suited for each other?
  2. Freyja Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't want Jaina and Zekk together. One YJK couple is enough.

EDIT: Actually when I look again...almost none of these couples sit right with me. Except Wedge. I like him a lot but I don't care who he's with.
  3. Adi_Gallia_9 Chosen One

star 5
    Han and bria are definately up there. She's a clingy, spice-addicted idiot who doesn't deserve Han. The HST was frankly disturbing in some regards.

Luke and Mara though haven't been great lately either. While, I have nothing against them together, I have issues with the way they are written. Mara has since day one been a strong, independant woman. Since she married Luke she's become all warm and fuzzy. How many L/M scenes were there in BP? I didn't have a problem with them marrying; it's just that she has been written out-of character in some regards lately.

And Jaina and Zekk are all wrong too. She needs to end up with Jagged.
  4. Sara_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 7
    Jaina and Jacen haven't been a couple with anyone yet.
  5. Adi_Gallia_9 Chosen One

star 5
    Technically no they haven't, but there has been definate suggestions in the books about paring them off with those characters mentioned above.
  6. Packers41 Jedi Knight

What about Kam Solusar and Tionne. First of all there isn't a star wars fan anywhere that knows enough about the life of Kam Solusar to make any intelligent judgements & I've always thought of Tionne as a helpless twit at times. She should just write songs and stay out of the gene pool.
  7. Mateo Jedi Master

star 4
    Ulic Qel-Droma and Nomi Sunrider,ulic never really loved her and she as a trained jedi knight should have been able to figure that out but she didnt and she had to get blasted with force lightning to learn it the hard way, talk about blind love in women.
  8. FTeik Force Ghost

star 4
    Luke and Callista, closly followed by Wedge and Qui.

I don´t know why people hate Bria, i think she is very similiar to Leia in her determination to the Rebellion.

What do you think Leia would have done in Brias position ??? Its a miracle Han ended with the rebellion after that stunt.
  9. Sologal Force Ghost

star 4
    Leia would have honored her agreement with the smugglers.
  10. sweetheart Jedi Master

star 4
    Han and Bria, but their affair turned Han into the man he was in ANH (and the one Leia fell for) so it makes sense. It was more infatuation or puppy love than true love, since the ROTJ novelization says Leia is the first and only woman Han ever loved.

Fteik, Leia and Bria are very different; Bria took the easy way out every time, while Leia took the hard way, the moral route. Bria is more like Macbeth, someone once good and fallen from grace. Bria turned her trauma in the spice mines into an obsession and stooped to the levels of the Empire to fight them. Leia had her *homeworld* destroyed and never stooped to the levels Bria did to fight the Empire.

When Han was put in carbonite, Leia could have said too much was at risk for the Alliance and left him there, but instead she chose to leave her life cause to save the man she loved, proving that Han meant more to her than the Alliance did. Bria chose the Alliance over Han when she agreed to that deal. Not that any of them loved him any less, it's just a matter of their priorities in life. I think Bria agreed to that last mission because she knew she and Han could never really be together. Just my take on it.
  11. Lott_Dod Jedi Master

star 4
    Wedge and Qwi.

A human and alien together is gross.
  12. Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight

star 2
    Who the heck is Zek<(sp)? Sorry but I've never heard of him, I'd appreciate it if somebody would go into detail about him. I think Jaina and Jagged should get together. I mean they're both awesome flyers, and from what I can gather Jainas hot and Jagged is "cute" as girls would put it. I think Luke and Mara make a great couple, and Mara is very independent still, not warm and fuzzy. She's always tellin Luke to give her her space. The only thing that stinks about them getting married is that they should of gottin married in The Thrawn Trilogy. I don't think Bria is a clingy, glitt-biter. She was fooled into processing glitterstim for those weird alien guys that would do that thing with their bodys to make everybody feel really good. It actually was a great scam. Even though I'm defending her I'm still POed about her not keeping her word with Han and the smugglers. She made Han look bad in front of his pals and Lando. I suppose she thought she was doing what was right for the Rebellion. Yeah Wedge and Qui wouldn't have made a good couple, I mean she wasn't human. They couldn't of even had kids if they wanted to. I think he made a good choice in marrying Iella. Well gota run
  13. Freyja Jedi Master

star 4
    Zekk was from the YJK series.

EDIT: Who was Qui(sp?) anyhow? Was she a pilot too?
  14. DantSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Personally, I have to vote for Winter and Admiral Ackbar, LOL. There was some stuff implied that just made me shudder.

I don't think Leia would have betrayed Han or the smugglers. Not to speak badly of Bria, but Leia is too honorable to do that. I think she would have found a way to work things out so that everyone was happy with the outcome.
  15. Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight

star 2
    Qui is a female humanoid of a species I can't remember, anyway she and Wedge liked each other for awhile then broke up.
  16. Jedi_Master_Allya Jedi Master

star 2
    Dearest heavens, I forgot to add Ackbar and Winter. I was thinking about the other night, and the thought still makes me cringe. She's in love with Tycho, not Ackbar!
    I have nothing against interspecies relationships, but i didn't care much for Qwi as a person.
  17. crystal417 Jedi Master

star 4
    hmmm....

Han/Bria
    Jacen/Danni
    Jania/Zekk

Han and Bria were too off with each other. I am a total Han/Leia fan so thats probably why I don't like them together. She was too sobby for me.

Jacen and Danni are too far apart in age for me. Danni, I don't know, she strikes me as too smarty.

I don't like Zekk so I don't want Jania to be with Zekk. I'm rooting for Jania and Jagged. I haven't even read with those two together in a book yet but from what I here they are perfect together.

I'm iffy about Luke and Callista. I kinda like Callista and I kinda don't.

I liked Wedge with Qwi but later they broke up and I guess I like him with his wife.

I think the Winter/Ackbar thing is cute. I kinda would hate to see what their kids would look like though...:D
  18. DantSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    <<I think the Winter/Ackbar thing is cute. I kinda would hate to see what their kids would look like though...:D >>

ACK!!! And, LOLOLOLOL!!!!
  19. Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I haven't read the Han Solo Trilogy yet, so I don't know about Han and Bria.
    Winter and Ackbar=seriously *&^$@%ed-up.
    Luke and Callista. I like Callista, but there's no way it could have worked out between her and Luke.
  20. NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I think Luke/Callista are the worst couple, and the Jacen/Danni thing just doesn't sit well with me either. I think Han/Bria are one of the best couples, though Bria does get kind of carried away with the rebellion in Rebel Dawn. I thought they made a good couple, but it really couldn't have lasted. She hurt Han way too much for them to ever make it together. Kind of a different view than the rest of you guys, but oh well.
  21. ImperialGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think the implications of Winter/Ackbar took the cake for weird...that just gave me the creeps.

Wedge and Qwi...ugh. I never liked that. She was a twit. He deserved better.

Jacen and Danni, since I don't like Danni.

Jaina and Zekk--I'm all for Jaina/Jagged!
  22. jastermereel Jedi Master

star 4
    Jabba and Oola...ugh...a short lived pair......one dying within days of the other...how romantic;)
  23. Nadja Cheiron Jedi Knight

star 1
    IMO, any couple that was created/implied by KJA. *shudders* Eeewwww...
  24. Yanksfan Chosen One

star 5
    Han and Bria.

Ugh. I'm sure Han would rather forget about it as well.
  25. jade_angel Jedi Master

star 4
    Worst Couples?

Hmmm Luke and Callista!!!! I really, really am a Mara/Luke fan, but I hated that pairing for many reasons.

One: Callista is like how many decades older then Luke?
    Two: Callista dumped Luke just because she couldn't feel the Force, that's pretty weak
    Three: I don't like how Luke and Callista fell in love, she was part of a computer!

Wedge/Qwi(however you spell it)

Just because I think Wedge and Iella were meant to be together. Wedge and Qwi seemed like a childish couple while W/I seemed to have this deep bond.

I know nothing about Zekk and Jaina nor about Jagged ( who is he btw? Where did he show up?) So I'm not gonna comment. Nor am I gonna comment about Jacen/Danni/Tenal

Though I think Anakin and Tahiri were a good couple.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.