Who is the worst couple?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi_Master_Allya, Jun 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council

star 7
    ***********I'm not taking anything anyone said here, personally, and please don't take what I say personally.***********

I would have to say Wedge and Qwi.

As for Han and Bria... she wasn't addicted to spice. She used it once, and Han gave it to her. The Exultation was what she was addicted to, and don't forget, it affected Han too. He just fought it off. Bria was naive to fall for it, but it took strength for her to fight and eventually overcome the addiction- on her own. Han, bless his heart, couldn't help her achieve that kind of independence, which is why she left him. I was sorry to see her do it the way she did, and she later regretted it too. Once she overcame the addiction, she dedicated her life to the eradication of slavery (knowing the evils of it first hand)and the Empire which used it. Her greatest joys came when liberated slaves wrote of being free of the Exultation and when the Rebellion grew. She sacrificed a normal life for the goals of the Rebellion. She tried to be with Han, because he *was* the love of her life (but she wasn't his), but it could never come to be, because he was destined to be with Leia.

Ylesia... The way I see, Bria's back was against a wall. The Rebellion was strapped for cash, and without more money, they would never be able to stop the recently discovered threat to it's existence (the Death Star). Alderaan could've happened countless times, and more than likely, the Rebel hideout would've been destroyed. Bria knew what she had to do (the greatest good for the greatest number- in the reverse case, of course Bria would've expected the same treatment), and ultimately, she thought he'd go with her (and he thought she'd go with him). She knew Han was good at heart, despite his protests that he was only out for profit, and could see him fighting in the Rebellion. Her mistake was in thinking she could choose his crusade for him. Only he could do that, as he did when he chose Leia and the Rebellion. She was also willing, should she be wrong about Han joining her, to LOSE Han's love if he didn't go with her. Her own life/happiness was insignificant next to the future of the galaxy.

Bria has multiple levels of morality to be sure. The greater the risk to the galaxy, the more she is willing to risk. I can't say I like that, but I do understand it. If my life could save billions, I'd certainly expect someone to do whatever they could to save the billions, not do what they could to save me. I wouldn't like it, but I'd understand.

Ackbar and Winter?!?! Ummmm.... No way... no how...

~*~Bria
  2. Jedi_Master_Allya Jedi Master

star 2
    Actually, I rather liked Bria, as a person, if not a match for Han. She was pretty interesting. And it is easy to look down on her when we're not in her shoes. She wasn't ideal, but perfect girls get redundant. Just like perfect guys. You can have about two tops, then you start hating them.
  3. boushh2187 Jedi Master

star 4
    Worst couple I'd say have to be Ackbar and Winter... that's just one scary implication of a relationship if you ask me. :)

Han and Leia in the NJO... not the worst couple. They are a couple going through some hard times. It isn't easy to lose your best friend of some 30 years and not let it affect your relationships with others. It was Han's depression that hurt his relationship with Leia. It doesn't make them a bad couple. If you don't like them as a couple in general that's a different story. But you can't single them out as the worst couple in what is probably one of the hardest periods of their lives... And yes, I'm a Han and Leia fan and very proud of it. ;)

The Leia/Bria debate. I see what Ms. Crispin was trying to do with the character. All the reasons you listed Ms. Crispin for creating the character etc. pretty much came through for me. :) Bria was an interesting character in her own right. She had things in common with all of the people who joined the rebellion. They were fighting for a cause. She was shaped by the experiences in her life. She dealt with them in a way she knew how. I can see that. That's fine. She is a character that is very much in the grey area of good/bad. She isn't evil but any means but sometimes the way she behaves isn't necessarily the way we all think she should behave. But we aren't her. :)

Anyway, she is an ok character on her own, she just needs to stay away from Han. ;) Any time she was away from him, I thought she was kinda cool. Get her near him and I just sort of got a tiny bit upset. I'm not fond of them as a couple, even though I understand how she influenced the way Han was in ANH. I understand her purpose and I understand her motives. I don't agree with everything she does but I'm not supposed to. :)

I don't think Leia would behave exactly the same way as Bria did in the situations mentioned earlier. I think they just have some things in common but when you look at them as individuals they are two totally different people. The others have brought up most of the points I would have made on the Bria/Leia issue. And yes, I am a Leia fan as well... proud of that too. ;)
  4. Danamel99 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well I won't comment on the Leia/Bria debate, I think that has been well handled by others. As far as worst couple...I couldn't stand Anikan and Padme. They looked completely wrong! He looked like he was ready to start 1st grade and she looked like she was ready to graduate college! But really why debate cannon...I'm just not wild about it that's all.....Anyhow, as far as EU, I would have to say that I despise Callista... So therefore, I don't much care for the whole Callista/Luke thing. I am very much the Luke/Mare enthusiast. So there it is....
  5. Jedi_Master_Allya Jedi Master

star 2
    Just wondering, I re-read the books recently: Where do Winter and Ackbar have their supposed 'relationship'? Is KJA just trying to promote inter-special relationships, or was there something much more sinster in mind? Is anyone as relived as I am that Winter ended up with Tycho? Was Tycho mad that all the time he was pining for her she cheated on him with a fish? Did he ever find out? Did he cheat on her with a lizard? Am I the only person who wonders about these things?
  6. LLL Force Ghost

star 4
    Now, now. Why's everybody picking on Winter and Ackbar??

LOL. OK, I thought it was too weird at first as well. But it seems to be my nature to take the weird or unpopular view and work out what could have made it plausible, or a good story.

You guys just don't have any imagination.

;) LOL!
  7. Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Jaina and Kyp would be. Yuck! :(
  8. Tiershon_Fett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I don't like Kam and the Britney Spears of the Jedi. I like Kam by himself. Tionne is so pathetic. She's a Jedi groupie wanna-be.
  9. GumballMachineBandit Jedi Padawan

Worst couple ever would probably have to be Han and Wicket. Yes, you all know the scene where Wicket is coming on to Han :p. After that, i'd probably say Wedge and Qui. They're so different, and besides, Wedge is cool, Qwi is the dumbest, most naive ****ing person in the Galaxy. How can you not realize your inventions are being used to hurt other people with names like "Death Star" and "Sun Crusher". Due to that, she deserves absolutley no one.
  10. Genghis12 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Luke & Mara are the worst couple.
  11. Waning Drill Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    All the couples who appeared to have been stuck together just for the hell of it in the months between VotF and Union and never really had any chemistry together, implied or otherwise (Tycho/Winter, Kam/Tionne, etc.).
  12. Genghis12 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    That's part of the reasoning for my answer as well, Waning Drill. :D
  13. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Cough cough Luke and Mara cough cough.

::Ducks rotted fruit being hurled in her direction::

I just don't really see the two characters, even up to the end of Vision of the Future, as ever working together and when they reemerge in Vector Prime and the subsequent books, the original characters are absolutely unrecognizable.
  14. bigeasy535 Jedi Padawan

I feel sort of opposite, DarthIshtar.

Mara has always been recognizeable as someone else - an earlier SW character. :D

Luke never was recognizeable in TTT and especially in HoT, so it's good that he found himself again in the NJO.
  15. Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight

star 2
    I knew you would come through and tell these nin-com-poops a thing or two Bria :D . I was defending the real Bria the whole time and frankly I'm surprised you didn't "yell" a bit at all the insults givin out here. Have ta go, cu

?KH¿
  16. AurraMouse Jedi Knight

star 2
    Why does everyone hate the Winter/Ackbar thing so much. At least they're both humanoid species (and it inspired me to write a human/mon cal relationship in my fanfic). If you want a disgusting interspecies, try Dice Ibegon and Lack Sivrak. One was a Shistavanen wolfman, the other a ginat worm (technically, a Florn Lamproid).
    But the worst couple has to be Wedge and Qui. Some one should have just shot Qui and it could have been the end of her.
  17. mydred Jedi Knight

Worst potential couple?

Leia and Isolder - "Gee, I want to marry you so I'll try and buy you off."
  18. DarthSkeptical Jedi Master

star 3
    Mara and Luke. No question. Totally dumb idea. Luke should be troubled romantically, and ultimately become a loner like Yoda, Ben, and other Force greats. Leia should be the only course for the Skywalker genes to follow. The name should die with Luke. How does he find time for a private life, anyway? He's got a religion to rebuild, and a Republic to rebirth. From a literary or metaphorical viewpoint, he's Moses delivering his people but unable to go into the promised land. The sins preventing him aren't his, but they are his family's. From a personal perpective, I just can't see him having the psyche for it. His victory over the Dark Side would surely turn him into a zealot. It's more realistic, if less dramatically interesting, that he would turn from youthful, traditional familal ambitions into a mature realization of his destiny. If ever a person would have a calling, it would be Luke. And once he saw that his bloodline would continue through Luke and Han, I can't see a reason in the world he would get married. A romantic jaunt here and there? Sure, why not. Fun stuff, dramatically. But ultimately, they should all fail. I certainly hope that if a ST is ever made, Mara won't appear.
  19. ganner_rhysode Jedi Master

star 4
    Without a doubt the worst couple is Jacen and............his conscience!!! Geez get a room you two ;)
  20. JWK Jedi Master

star 4
    Jaina and this Zekk? who the heck is he.
  21. Quel-Droma001 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Luke and Mara!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Causing problems is fun!!!
  22. RogueJeedai Jedi Master

star 4
    I know I'm being redundant.. I know everyone is sick of hearing from me.. But.. Jaina and Jagged... Bad Bad Bad
    I'm not trying to upset anyone, really. ;)
  23. Charlemagne19 Chosen One

star 7
    Save a problem.

Being a zealot is the Dark Side.

He turned to indecision which is stradling the fence.

Mara was the key to fixing that as she had a single bit of wisdom.

Minsicule to his but she was the girl who offered him food at the river to Buddah when he nearly killed himself starving to achieve enlightment.
  24. MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Master

star 4
    Luke/Jem (Dark Empire II)

Strikes me as totally improper.
  25. Galleon Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ackbar and Winter make me want to vomit, but I think there was a side comment in I,Jedi saying that she married Tycho. I liked Callista though I knew knothing would come of it but still she was a good character. I really didn't like Han and Salla Zend, that just seemed werid to me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.