main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who is this Aurra Sing? (And other Wizard World stuff)

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by VillieGee, Aug 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VillieGee

VillieGee Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2002
    This girl at Wizard World was amazing!

[image=http://69.93.119.2/photosSHTC/data/912/DSC00059.JPG]

She's got the same body type and everything. And that rifle is great. Are you here, Aurra??? :)

Anyone see the Jodo Kast too?

[image=http://69.93.119.2/photosSHTC/data/912/DSC00013.JPG]

I saw Thomas' Durge too! Haven't seen any pictures online anywhere yet though (from the con I mean). (These pics I found at superherotimes.com)

2. Bile_Man

Bile_Man Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2005
    Those costumes look sweet! I want to see those in person.

3. electrakitty

electrakitty Jedi Master star 2

Apr 27, 2005
    I don't know who that Aurra Sing is, but she was at C3 as well. In fact, I thought she was only the second best Aurra Sing. I liked Hilary's better, though sadly I don't have photos of her I can point to right offhand.

4. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Best place to look for aurra sing would be over at the celebration 3 boards cause you maybe lucky in the actual person actually posting over there cause I did see her at celebration 3 aswell.

5. The_Clone_Emperor

The_Clone_Emperor Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    [color=006699]She is Mary from the Midwest Garrison, BH5202.
    [image=http://www.paralada.org/Estonia_self/Estonia_htm/SWgeekhtm/ChHuWa05_htm/CHWXX11.jpg]
    Her fellow Bob, is the Sandtrooper standing next to her. Bob made her rifle and hand guns.
    A very sweet and sincere couple.
    [/color]

6. Angelariel

Angelariel Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2003
    I'm pretty sure that Jodo Kast is my buddy Craig, but I'm not 100% on that. I also don't believe he hangs out on these boards, but is one of the admins at Obi Wan's Jedi Academy and a Dented Helmet member as well (Jodo Kast 3)

7. JediRacer8

JediRacer8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2004
    I've got my Wizard World pics up if you're looking for some:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jedicallista/album?.dir=9a6e&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jedicallista/my_photos

Let me know if I got a picture of you. I'm the Mara in the black outfit. My husband is the Sith in one of the first photos with me.

8. Nostradamus

Nostradamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 2, 2000
    Jodocast is Craig. Thomas's Durge is amazing-looking in person!

9. VillieGee

Oct 30, 2002
    He's damn tall too. lol

10. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    The Durge costume was awesome. If you know him, pass that on to him.

11. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    The_Clone_Emperor = Thomas = Durge. :)

I haven't the honor of seeing Durge in person, but from what I've seen of his progress photos, it's amazing. Plus, I know Thomas always does fantastic work.

Mary does have an excellent Aurra Sing as well; that one I have seen in person. :)

12. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    Well Thomas, you're costume was awesome :)

Aurra Sing was great too, and she was very nice about stopping for a picture.

Anyone here know who the Gambit was? I never did see him on Saturday, but saw a pic on another site. Being a Gambit fan, I was disappointed I missed him.

13. VillieGee

Oct 30, 2002
    I have a friend who says if she lost like 40 lbs she would shave her head to be Aurra.

Food for thought.

14. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Aurra Sing was great.
    The con was fun, although there weren't as many 501st there as I thought there would be.
    I had a great time premiering my Mara Jade as Arica costume. :D I met up with some people that I met from C3 (LeiaYT1300 and the lady who does Viqi Sheesh). That was a surprise and really nice to see them again. :D
    I'll post pics once I edit the lighting a bit.

EDIT: JediRacer's pics are quite similar to mine, but thanks for the link. You have some pics that I wanted. :D And it was nice meeting you. My fiance thought the pic of the three different Maras that we took together was neat. :D

15. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Look at that rocking Willy Wonka costume Toby's done too! Can't wait to see that in person as well!

16. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    Jade-Walker, it was nice meeting you too. I'd like to see your pictures as well, especially if you happen to have one of the smaller group we had in the morning. A friend of mine from the Milwaukee FF was there as the green dress-Mara on Saturday - it's too bad she wasn't around for the Mara picture.

Viqi Shesh posts on the JC as CaptMereel. Her and LeiaYT1300 are good friends of mine from the Milwaukee FF. LeiaYT1300 made my husband's new Sith costume and I have to give big props to her for how great that turned out.

Does anyone know who Quinlan Vos was? Great costume, but my husband was off with the camera when I saw him so I didn't get a picture.

17. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    [face_laugh] That IS Quinlan Vos, actually. We believe that he is Jan Dursemma's fiance or something. But he is the model and inspiration for the Quinlan character. ;)

I do have more pics on my Yahoo site, but I have to admit that I borrowed a couple of images from your site. [face_blush] Here: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sl_5233/album?.dir=6ecf&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

I did meet the girl in the Green Mara costume. Nice start. I'd really like to do the Green Jedi Tunic Mara some time.

18. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    You have some pics I'm going to borrow as well :)

If I did another Mara costume, I would do the green outfit from the cover of VOTF, with the shorter skirt and leggings. But customizing the black outfit keeps me busy enough. I'm toying with the idea of doing a more western-style holster in the spirit of Firefly. If I do another costume of any kind for, I think I'd like to do Rogue from the 90s Xmen cartoon.

19. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    You're welcome to any of my photos as well. ;)

And that's basically the same green Mara that I would do--the one that Decipher took pics of McRandle in but never used in the CCG. That's a long way off, though. I'm going to work on some modified lavendar Padme gowns next for my bridesmaids. :D

20. BASSOFeeSH

BASSOFeeSH Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2000
    I really wish I could've made it there for more than one day, but only made it on sunday.(Sandtrooper) Would've loved to see that all in person!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.