main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Who is this Masked Man?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Sandy, Mar 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sandy

Sandy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2002
    Since everyone else had an internet advertisement, I figured what the Hell.

[image=http://www.realshades.com/images/my3D/lots-advertisement-01.jpg]

Sandy

2. SeaTrooper

SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2001
    I don't know but he is a handsome fella!!!! I think I love him!!!!

3. Cigam Retah

Cigam Retah Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 1999
    Honestly guys, that is fantastic work. I'm amazed by the fact that I'm standing not less than 5 feet from that Tie Pilot!

4. Sandy

Sandy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2002
    Glad you like it. Actually, sadly, we may have to reshoot it, partially because we didn't have the right lighting and it caused a lot of problems making the cockpit look right but mostly because I like making (the masked man) sweat in his costume. That's the main motivation behind putting more lights on him.

The Sat shoot was very productive as a troubleshooting exercise. I think we worked out all of the quirks for shooting bluescreen. I also hammered out a few more tricks for marrying the bluescreen with the CG.

Ironically enough, while checking the cockpit shots from ANH this weekend to see how close I could get the lighting to the canon version, I noticed that the TIE cockpits in ANH were also models and the TIE pilots were also shot against a bluescreen. I'd never noticed this before but when you check, you can clearly see the matte lines around the pilots.

Does anyone have any pics of the interior TIE cockpit model? If so, I'd really like to see them.

Sandy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.