Who is up for a trip . . .

Discussion in 'San Joaquin Valley, CA' started by Rurouni_Botosai, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rurouni_Botosai Jedi Knight

star 1
    Tiffany and myself have came up with the idea that in six years we'll take a trip to Rome for a week and apon returning home, hop a flight for Japan and stay there for a week. All of the air fare and hotels came out to about $6000. If we saved about $150 a month we would have $4800 for food and stuff.(Japan, samurai swords/sushi)(Rome, gladiator swords/jewlery)
    So what do you say?

And no this was not brought to you by Miller Time.
  2. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
    That sounds amazing. We should start saving up for sure. You always think ahead, a good trait in a leader.
  3. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    i would definitely consider it.
  4. Yodaa Jedi Knight

star 1
    Humm... interesting proposal...
  5. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    been to rome twice, didn't see a lot of gladiator swords, but i did see the collosseum and it is cooool. wish i'd gotten a closer look at the ruins nearby.

6. Rurouni_Botosai Jedi Knight

star 1
    for any of those interested me and charles are trying to learn japenese and we are thinking about learning italian but we are not sure yet on that last one and if any one wants to learn alongside with us that would be fun ya know we could talk to each other and other people not know what we are saying.

tiffany
  7. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    count me in for the Japanese.

italian i'm not so worried about, but since i took four years of espanol, which is a latin language, i could prolly learn some basic stuff without too much head trauma.
  8. Yodaa Jedi Knight

star 1
    I would be interested in learning.
  9. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
    YES, YES!!!! Don't know about italian, but Japanese, YES!!
  10. Cruzer_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    ...but Italian is the language of ROMANCE!
  11. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    i thought all latin languages were?!? you can't tell me that Antonio Banderas isn't romantic [face_love] @};-
  12. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    oh yes, he is... [face_love]

i have acquired a few italian language courses, phrasebooks and such over the years, always wanted to get better at it as i love the sound of the language. yeah, it does share a lot of similarity with spanish, enough to foul me up several times as i reached into my brain for a phrase and came up with something somewhere between the two... inevitably, about all i retain since 1999 is a few simple conversational phrases (of the "i would like two tickets, please," "where is the bathroom," and "i have a gold watch from a lawyer in fresno" variety)... and the stuff that will get your butt kicked at a futbol match... because that's the fun stuff to learn... ;)

13. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
    Who needs more romance, when I'm already Don Juan.
  14. Cruzer_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
  15. Rurouni_Botosai Jedi Knight

star 1
    well a don juan in the making anyways. ok now san is refering to the number 3 or mr. , mrs. , or miss. got understand? nihon is japan in japenese . when i remeber more i will post it and we can practice it when we meet.

tiffany
  16. Ischade Jedi Knight

star 1
    and remember....with Japanese...it's all about...tone...inflection...where the accent is..(i go, we go, they go...from what i remember...are basically all the same word/phrase...just pronounced slightly differently)..oh yeah...and whether you're male or female.....from what i remember talking about with a friend of mine in high school who was an exchange student from Japan it's one of the most difficult languages for an native language english speaker to learn....english just doesn't have the nuance...or the politeness for that matter....involved in Japanese....

hmm...top of my head phrases i remember.....

"wakarimas"...."i understand".......changes the "-mas" to "-masen"...."wakarimasen"....i do not understand.....

meow.....

me*
  17. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    okay tiffany-san we will travel to nihon in 6 years, capesh?
  18. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    boggess was stationed in okinawa for a while, maybe he could help?

of course, he can barely pronounce english... so beware of nuance with him ;)

19. Cruzer_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    xdarth-

Yeah, I could tell the moment I met you!

o_O
  20. Rurouni_Botosai Jedi Knight

star 1
    well charles has decided that instead of going to rome, he wants to spend the two weeks in japan only he wants to have enough time there to see things (and he is thinking about looking for a job ,possibly, there) oh and by the way 10,000 yen is about $85.50 . and 1 yen is worth nothing in us dollars well to be technical its worth less than one hundredth of a cent. tiffany

JUST HAD A THOUGHT, has any one gone to the japan bords to see whats up there sence we started this thread? Mightr be nice to know sombody over there before we go. We'll have a few yers to talk with them and maybe pick up some tips on... well anything.
    charles
  21. mrcottonsparrot Jedi Knight

star 2
  22. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    ouch. that is one pricey burger!

good thing our gang likes sushi!

23. Ischade Jedi Knight

star 1
    *nodnod*...yupyup.....bad idea to step on any toes...either literally or figuratively....would most certainly like to avoid international incidents (and karaoke bars too for that matter....)....

and also from what i can remember....(man...do ya know how hard it is to wrack the brain for 20 year old knowledge????)....sushi is also on the expensive side....somehow??..i think we're gonna be living on the Japanese equivailant of.....Top Ramen.....

meow.....

me*
  24. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.