main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who is your fav CWC char?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Xander_Kenobi, Nov 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Durge was the worst.

Agreed, he was a great character, but the whole "nearly invinceible" thing ruined the whole character.

To me it seems they only gave him that characteristic to make him seem worse than Jango.

2. Ganner_The_Hero

Ganner_The_Hero Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    Obi-Wan. He looks cool in his clonetrooper outfit

3. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Durge was the worst.

Agreed, he was a great character, but the whole "nearly invinceible" thing ruined the whole character.

To me it seems they only gave him that characteristic to make him seem worse than Jango.

When Durge first appeared (nearly throttling one of the bankers) I was really impressed. That was a lovely little character moment. His arm just shot out, forthright like, no messing. Another similar moment was when he laughed to himself when he had Obi-Wan's lightsaber embedded in his chest. He showed contempt. I would've liked to see more of that, more of Durge's character (his motivation) - flesh him out still further! I know he's little more than a killing machine (so he's at a disadvantage from the off), and that there aren't acres of room for character... but I'm not after character development, just more aspects of his character beyond the eventually tiresome "MUST. KILL. JEDI." But what we got was just that... nothing beyond the Durge to kill. :D Asajj Ventress has that scope, the scope for character rather than 'plot-point'... she's already got it... Durge does not. IMO.

Hmmm... I just felt... dissatified with Durge.

Everything else about Clone Wars was glorious... but Durge was ... not.

4. GhostPoet

GhostPoet Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2000
    Can't pick just one. My two favorites would be Obi-Wan and Durge (dooku comes VERY close...but durge is much more ancient and mysterious)

5. -General_Kenobi-

-General_Kenobi- Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2003
    General Kenobi, 'Nuff Said. :cool:

6. johnjay

johnjay Jedi Youngling

Nov 21, 2003
    I like the cartoons alot more then i thought i would. OB1 is my fav char in the cartoons so far. He reminds me of what a TRUE Jedi Knight should be. Anakin is more powerful, but force power does not make a jedi a jedi knight. I think OB1 knows his limets, unlike Anakin, and knowing your limets can be a hudge advantage.

7. masterheiros

masterheiros Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2003
    My fave is Kit of course followed by Saesee(who only gets 1 second of screen time :mad: The worst is San....he creeps me out!!!

8. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    General Kenobi has definetly been my favourite character, everything he has done has been worth seing. I would have liked Assaj if it wasn't for her voice, she has some style though.

9. Mad_Jon

Mad_Jon Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2003
    Kit had great Force powers. Flinging people through the air would be hard enough. But with the added resistance of the water, throwing people around would be much harder. He took out the cannon like it was nothing. Powerful Jedi powers plus amphibian abilities makes him a great character.

The ARC commander was also cool. He a had a great style. His dual blaster gunfighter skills are very smooth. And it was awesome when he electrocuted Durge. I think he just edges out Kit, but not by much.

10. jedizen

jedizen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2003
    Just a random question: the red arc trooper - did obiwan call him "sergeant"? I thought he was either a captain or commander. And what rank are the blue guys? They're also pretty sweet.

11. Xander_Kenobi

Xander_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 25, 2003
    which chapter are you refering to?

BTW: Dig the new icon ;)

12. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Just a random question: the red arc trooper - did obiwan call him "sergeant"?

Yes, he did that in Chapter Three.

But later, in Chapter Nine, Obi-Wan calls him "Commander" instead.

Whichever one is correct, neither matches the established rank/color for standard Clone Troopers...where the red colors would indicate a rank of Captain.

13. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    The Mon Cal.

Free Trell ... he's a Quarren.

14. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Favourite character so far is Kit Fisto but that could change when I see the second season.

Worst character is Durge for sure. I hate how they have made him.

15. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    I enjoyed Assaj Ventress and the Arc troopers the most.

16. hunter_ofthe_myst_ra

hunter_ofthe_myst_ra Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 23, 2003
    Asajj Ventress, pretty cool...for a sith that is.
    a quote from my bio

17. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    My DARLING General Obi-Wan Kenobi!

I WOULDN'T mind figthing alongside HIM!

18. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    About the ARC's, I don't think they should have ranks, maybe the red one. Let's just make him a Commander.

19. Jedi-Colonel13

Jedi-Colonel13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2003
    General Kenobi. He can joust. He can be swallowed by an alien. He can deflect lasers/flames/flechettes. Amazing. And it's not even like he's "Ya, I know I'm amazing." He just does it in stride, doesn't look for glory or anything. He is a true Jedi Knight.
    And then the ARCs, only fitting that the best general has the most elite troops.

20. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Obi-Wan! He looks so awesome in the trooper outfit and cloak and his humor of "I made a mess" after being exploded out of Durge [face_laugh]
    He's awesome! :D

Red ARC trooper- he's just so different and cool :D

Anakin- I think the voice of him is awesome just as Obi-Wan's, and he looks awesome to me with the animation and his battling! :D

21. PlastiqPhantom

PlastiqPhantom Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2002
    I'd have to say it's a tie between Obi-Wan and Count Dooku. Both are completely awesome, both do some totally awesome stuff like deflecting the fire, or pulling the lightsabers away from Asajj and cutting them in mid-air. I just hope they continue to kick this much ass in the coming 10 episodes.

22. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    My favorite CWC? Obi-Wan is still my favorite Jedi, and he's soo cool as a cartoon. Next to Obi-Wan, Yoda of course. I hope we get to see cartoon Yoda in action soon.

~aeryn

23. darthdemon11

darthdemon11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2004
    It is so hard but I'm gonna say:

fave Male: Aniken

fave female: tie beetween Asajj and Barrass

worst male:San Hill

worst female:Luminara (She's cool but not my fave.)

24. Galahad_Skywalker

Galahad_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2004
    Let's see...it's a close one between Obi-Wan and Mace. Obi-Wan's action has been really great to watch, but Mace going ghetto on all of those droids with his bare hands...that just caused me to finally fully appreciate his character. My least favorite would have to be Durge. His hard-to-kill quality got on my nerves (mostly because he wasn't all that great of a character, in my opinion).

25. JdieKnight

JdieKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 1999
    Obi-Wan.

He is the perfect example of a Jedi because there is great balance on the aspects of his personality and the amount of force/action you see from him in this series.

Everything from his "We have had this conversation before..." to Anakin to his battle sequences to his interaction with his troops edges his out over the pure over the top coolness of Mace in battle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.