main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who is your favorite Angel character?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Son of the Suns, Jun 11, 2006.

?

Who is your favorite Angel character?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Angel

20.0%
  2. Cordelia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Wesley

13.3%
  4. Gunn

20.0%
  5. Lorne

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Fred

20.0%
  7. Connor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Ilyria

13.3%
  9. Doyle

13.3%
  10. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    Approved by TheBoogieMan.

BTW, I omitted Spike because I didn't want any overlap between the two polls. But you can still vote for him using the "Other" option.

2. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    As much as I admire all the characters, I like Gunn the best.

3. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I had a tough time deciding between Angel and Wesley...but I love Wesley too much to not choose him..

4. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    I voted for Fred. She was the heart of the show and it was incredibly sad to see her die in Season 5.

But her death did pave the way for another great character, Illyria. She might've become my favorite had the series not been cancelled.

5. JANGOANTILLES

JANGOANTILLES Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    Some very stiff competition but I think Wes emerged as the coolest and most complex person in the Buffyverse.

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Doyle!! I was so sad when they killed him off--and so quickly, too :(

7. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    Doyle was the man. He was gone before his time.

8. SeventhAngelicSlayer

SeventhAngelicSlayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2005
    Illyria, not that I didn't love Fred, but the whole Illyria story was terrific. Although, I have to say, I know some people found her annoying at times, but I loved Cordy!

9. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    I'm sooo confused.

I was shocked that I was the first to vote for Wes but all of these people are posting that they voted for him :confused:

Anyways, love Fred but part of the reason I loved her was the back and forth with Wes so...

Edit: I wanted to expound a bit on why I don't only think that Wes is the best character on Angel but one of the best on television period. It is in no small part to the ME writing staff and Alexis Denisof's skill as an actor (he is a buffy alum I'd really like to see in more roles). There was more character development in those short five seasons then some shows have had in 10. All too often some one is afraid to take risks in the show. So you are left with characters that may change from point A to B but for the most part are indistinguishable from one season to the next (or even between season I and VIII). We watched Wes go through everything and it wasn't always pretty. He goes from a bumbling sidekick to a complete shell of a man.

I think of my top 10 Angel moments and Wes is a main part of 8 or 9 of them. Again mostly it is thanks to a staff that wasn't afraid to take a TV convention and completely turn it on its ear. For example few (if any) of us loved the Connor arc but in the early parts of it Wes absolutely shone. He was convinced that what he did was right and that he was doing it for the right reasons and in the end it cost him more then he could ever imagine. Going back to those top 10 Angel moments and the ability to take something expected and turn it into something completely unexpected was one of my favorite moments from that time. When Wes is sitting in his hospital room and Angel comes in to talk to him I was thinking "oh, another kiss and make up scene" instead I get Angel nearly asphyxiating Wes and having to be drug way while screaming that he'll never forgive him.
    Good stuff right there.

And when he lost Fred. Game fricking over. More top moments from the show IMO though.
    Lawyer: I'm sorry to interrupt. I just need to know if the Holbein Clan history was here. It was supposed to be faxed to my office.
    Wesley Wyndam-Pryce: It can wait.
    Lawyer: These guys are really important. I just need... I mean, the whole company can't be working Miss Burkle's case.
    Wesley Wyndam-Pryce: Of course.
    [nonchalantly pulls a gun out of his desk and shoots the lawyer in the knee]
    Wesley Wyndam-Pryce: [to his secretary] Jennifer, please send anyone else who isn't working Miss Burkle's case to me.

It ended up being one of the few characters that I loved and yet was happy to see die. I mean at that point he was barely even human.

Damn that was a great show. I forget sometimes how much I loved it until I start thinking about it.

10. darthpup

darthpup Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.