main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who is your favorite character of the ST?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ricardo Funes, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Definitely Kylo Ren

3sm1r likes this.
  2. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I voted Rey. For me, Ren comes in a close second, followed by Amilyn Holdo, Leia, and Poe. I liked the way Luke, Rose, Finn, and Snoke were portrayed, but I still don't know how to feel about their scenes.

3. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    This one IS tough. Basically I agree with the idea of progressions and regressions, or at least... not so much regressions but characters you don't necessarily care MORE about than you did before.

For me, Finn is basically about the same, I like him as a character, but he's not a favorite. TLJ didn't do much to change that, for me, even though I DO like him and he has moments where I really like him, I felt the same in TFA. He's not "up there" yet, I guess you'd say.

I was nervous about Kylo before seeing TFA, when I heard "Vader fanboy" and things like that, I thought ugh, this sounds pretty lame. Then I liked him in TFA, but I didn't love him. I love him now in TLJ, he took a big step forward, Adam Driver is just a great actor and I love every nuance of that performance. He does these little things you don't pick up on right away, but as you see the movie again and again and again, you appreciate them even more. It's all there and works.

I also feel like Leia was just there in TFA, I wasn't much of a fan at all, I thought ok, nice to see Carrie back, but... meh, whatever. Then in TLJ she's actually a teacher, she gently nudges Poe in the direction of figuring out for himself that it's not all "rah rah" charge in with guns blazing every single time. I really liked Leia and Carrie's usage in the film, I thought RJ did fantastic, and what a great sendoff for her in my estimation. It was wonderful to see that, given it's her last film, I'm so happy that I feel strongly about it rather than after TFA, where I love the movie but didn't care much about her in it.

Yoda is my overall favorite character, and his lesson was the most valuable to the film, so he's like that supporting actor who only has 8 minutes of screen time but wins the Oscar (only in Yoda's case it's like 90 seconds). You can come in for one scene and make a huge difference, which... it's Yoda... that's exactly what he does, of course!

Rey is my favorite character of the sequel trilogy. I guess I'm surprised to learn some people don't like her arc, or whatnot, because I love Rey. Then again I was a Luke guy in the OT, not Han, so I've always gravitated towards the main protagonist of the trilogy I think. Rey is the one character where I would like to see a bit more about her in IX, though, because I'm ok with her being awesome and extremely powerful, but I wish we'd get even something like Luke or Yoda explaining something more about what an "awakening" means and how her powers grew so fast. I can buy into it without explanation, I won't be let down, but I'd enjoy knowing a bit more about why Rey is so powerful, at least.

rorow1 and Tabbie like this.
  4. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I'm biased...but I had to go with Yoda, especially since I wasn't remotely expecting to see him!

5. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Luke & Leia (+R2)

Tabbie, MS1 and Master_Lok like this.
  6. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Kylo Ren because he's the only character that didn't crack a joke.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  7. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Luke
    Leia
    Ben

Tabbie likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Ugh, I do not know why I voted for Rey in this poll!

9. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    Luke, Rey and Ben were the best characters in this episode IMO, but i enjoyed all the other characters too (even if Finn was less important in this one, but Poe took a bigger part). For the supporting roles i especially like DJ, i thought he was an interesting and colourful character even if i dont think we'll see him again. Leia had a more solid part to play than in TFA and it was a very nice surprise.

10. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Luke for sure but big ups to Hux, who was consistently hilarious.

Grey Matter likes this.
  11. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Who was your favorite character in the OT?

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    1. Finn. I liked him about the same as I did in TFA, which is a lot. I enjoyed the Canto Blight sequence. My only complaint is that he didn’t get more screen time overall and that his relationship with Rey was not explored. But...”You’re scum!” “Rebel scum.” [face_laugh] Love it.

2. Luke. I did not think that I would like what the film would do with him after the trailers and rumors but it was perfect. He has a better understanding of the Jedi and their place in the Force than idealistic young Luke in the OT had, I like the way he explained it to Rey, and I thought his final line on Crait was one of the greatest in any of the movies.

3. Leia. I liked seeing her as a general and Resistance leader, which we didn’t see enough of in TFA. And yes, I liked the floating in space scene.

4. Holdo. I wasn’t sure how she would do as a leader after the spaced-out character in Leia, Princess of Alderaan, but she was great.

5. R2 and BB-8.

6. The Porgs. It’s unfortunate that they are CGI’ed puffins because that means they’ll never join the Resistance the way the Ewoks joined the Alliance.

13. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Finn. consistently my favourite ST character, and it didn't hurt that he has the best line of the movie...

Phasma: "You were always scumb."
    Finn: "Rebel scumb!"
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Tabbie and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  14. Darren_Saw

Darren_Saw Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 18, 2015
    Snoke

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Dandelo and Mostly Handless like this.
  15. Cantina Regular

Cantina Regular Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2016
    Had to vote for Ben

He was such a better character in this film and I hope he only gets better in IX

Mostly Handless likes this.
  16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It also helped that he was bluer than he has ever been.

All Hail Blue Yoda.
    And all praise to the Prophet, ChewyCharmy.

17. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014
    Luke!!!!

Let's rank them, to make it more interesting:

1. Luke (amazing)
    2. Kylo (great)
    3. Poe (awesome)
    4. Rey (still good)
    5. Hux (smart, funny, cool)
    6. Leia (great performance, such a strong woman)
    7. Snoke (scary)
    8. Yoda (great message)
    9. Finn (pretty pointless)
    10. Rose (no interest)

3sm1r likes this.
  18. zackm

Dec 22, 2015
    1. Kylo
    2. Luke
    3. Yoda
    4. Rey
    5. Snoke
    6. Holdo
    7. Leia
    8. Hux
    9. Finn
    10. Rose
    11. Poe

MrElculver2424 likes this.
  19. MrElculver2424

May 11, 2014
    I agree Holdo is up there for me too. Curious to why you don't like Poe though. Lower than Finn and Rose??

"How is that possible?"

20. zackm

Dec 22, 2015
    Poe killed Luke Skywalker.

21. MrElculver2424

May 11, 2014
    Interesting take. How?

Darkslayer likes this.
  22. zackm

Dec 22, 2015
    His recklessness allowed the FO to track the Resistance to Crait. Luke died after Force Projecting to Crait in order to allow them escape.

But this isn't the thread for that conversation.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    MrElculver2424 likes this.
  23. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Luke. He's always been my favorite, and he was great in this film. I especially loved his talk with Yoda, and of course his time on Crait.

24. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    "Of Stick, Of Berry, Of LIfesaver" Oh, those were the days.
    After I realized I saw what I was seeing, I said "Blue Yoda!" like I did during ROTS when Yoda appeared via hologram.

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah, I actually muttered aloud "Blue Yoda..." and then began wondering whether or not the concession stand sold Pabst.