main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who is your favorite clone wars original character?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by kenobifan1999, Dec 28, 2012.

?

Favorite Clone Wars Original Character

1. Ashoka Tano

13 vote(s)
    19.7%
  2. Captain Rex

5 vote(s)
    7.6%
  3. Hondo Ohnaka

7 vote(s)
    10.6%
  4. Cad Bane

15 vote(s)
    22.7%
  5. Duchess Satine

4 vote(s)
    6.1%
  6. Pre Vizsla

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Ziro the Hutt

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  8. Lux Bonteri

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Savage Opress

8 vote(s)
    12.1%
  10. Other (please specify)

9 vote(s)
    13.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I'll pick five.

1. Ahsoka Tano
    Yes, I like Ahsoka. Not at first. I *hated* her in the 2008 film. She was bratty and obnoxious, she had these stupid nicknames for everything like she was an 8-year old, rather than the 14-year old she was supposed to be... I could go on. But as the series progresses, her character ages, and she becomes one of the most interesting characters of the show - in part to us not knowing her fate.

2. CT-7567 "Rex"
    I don't even think I need to explain Rex as there's tons of clone love in LACWAC. You really can't decide if you like Rex? Just watch the Umbara Arc.

3. Cad Bane
    Bounty hunters! The season 1 finale introduced him in a big way, and he's remained awesome ever since. I even liked him in "Evil Plans" :p. I also loved the Obi-Wan/Bane dynamic Friedman pulled off in the Deception Arc. I hope Bane lives through the Clone Wars so we can see him in some EU material later on.

4. Asajj Ventress
    What? Okay, this show didn't create her, but she didn't appear in the saga! And this show has treat Asajj with some of the most character development a character has received. From a trusted Sith Assassin, to a deadly Nightsister, to a bounty hunter with a conscience, to an ally of the Jedi - Asajj has been it all. I adore the Asajj/Obi-Wan banter and just plain enjoy seeing Asajj on the screen. Can't wait to see how she appears in Season 5.

5. Hondo Ohnaka
    Ah, Jim Cummings. Every line Hondo says is golden. Where's my Hondo/Katooni spin-off?

Duchess Satine Kryze could take Hondo's number 5 spot depending on her role in the upcoming Maul storyline - as it stands, Hondo has had more of an impact on me.

kenobifan1999 likes this.
  2. kenobifan1999

kenobifan1999 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    nice list man! although ventress isnt an original character she existed in the old CW and before this show was around

07jonesj likes this.
  3. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Thanks!

And yeah, I know. They've pretty much rewrote her EU storyline though, and it's her first appearance in G/T-level canon.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  4. Scimitar13

Scimitar13 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2013
    The show does a wonderful job with its original characters! I find many of them to be quite interesting and good additions to the Star Wars galaxy. I would say my favorite would be Savage Opress, the episodes with him and Maul are some of my favorites from the show.

5. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I think my favourite has changed from Cad Bane to Embo after seeing 'Eminence', I think he's even getting close to becoming my favourite charcater in TCW, so I hope Kit Fisto and Grievous can keep impressing me to hold their top two spots :D I'd also say WAC, Gascon and Gregor are three of my favourite original characters too.

6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Take a wild guess OP.

Also hahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha no votes for Lux

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  7. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    1.Savage Opress!

2. Rex/Fives

Those are my top characters.

8. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Something tells me you voted for Savage, hmmm... Lol.
    Also, Lux Sux, that's why he has no votes :p

9. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Hondo, Rex, Fives all qualify, but I gave my vote to Hondo as he surprised me the most.

10. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    1. Savage Opress
    2. Cad Bane
    3. Mother Talzin
    4. Hondo Ohnaka
    5. Ahsoka Tano

Honorable mentions go to Captain Rex, Embo, and Pong Krell.

11. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    Despite ImNotAStarWarsFanboy not allowing us to like Savage anymore, I'll pick him as my favourite TCW original character.

2. Mother Talzin
    3. Cad Bane
    4. Satine
    5. Vizsla

12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Doesn't work like that buddy. I know you're all calling him your favourite because I said you're not allowed to. Therefore, your votes are rendered void.

13. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    Savage by a mile. A nice take on the "Maul concept." And having him be his brother just makes it better.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  14. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    1. Savage. Maul is original in the sense that the real Maul Died. I go for Maul or Savage.

2. Ventress because she is the second greatest sith apart from Sidious, Maul, Plagueis, Tenebrous.

3. Asoka because she is beautiful and dangerous. I do not want to see the deaths of Maul, Ventress, Asoka.

4. Cade Bane. I like Jack Sparrow and Cade Bane.

5. Father, son, and daughter jedi sith people in a secret planet from season three. On this arc episodes, Anakin discovers that he will become Vader but then Will Smith in the Men in Black sticks a pen in his eye so that he forgets. Kenobi talks to his previous master, Qui Gon Jin, that guy from Batman and Taken. The father was neutral and the daughter was of the good side of the force and the son was of the good side of the force. Maybe Anakin brought balance to the force when he saved the day in these episodes or maybe these things never really happened just like Luke didn't really fight Vader next to Yoda's house. My favorite characters in Clone Wars cartoon are

A. Anakin

B. Kenobi

C. Windu

D. Sidious

E. Maul

F. Yoda

G. Dooku

H. Grevious

15. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    Hm, something's wrong with this poll. Ahsoka has always as many votes as Savage. Who is creating socks here?

Valairy Scot likes this.
  16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I don't know who this "Hando" is, but his name looks kinda like Hondo, who is one of my favorite OCs. Other favs are Tan Divo, Nuvo Vindi, Tera Sinube, THORN, Morlimur Snugg, and Moralo Eval.

Seerow likes this.
  17. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I think you'll find, actually, that there's only one vote for Savage. Mine.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011

Hando is Hondo's long lost twin. They made out in Season 2 before being told in Season 3 that they were siblings.

19. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Fixed.

20. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    As of "Shades of Reason", Duchess Satine Kryze has replaced Hondo as my no. 5 spot. She provides an incredible foil for Obi-Wan, revealing his similarities to Anakin, but also that he differs in his choices. Having an idealist pacifist residing over 2,000 neutral worlds is just a very interesting concept to take during the Clone Wars and her personality sells her motivations.

By taking the high path, and not choosing to control the black market, the black market have taken control of her. Very interested to see where they take her character next.

21. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Why is it that for some polls it allows me to see who voted for what, while other times I cannot?

22. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    There's an option when you create a poll to make the votes public or not.

23. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Curse you poll maker [face_frustrated]

24. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    LOL, told you who I voted for. You trust me don't you TaradosGon? =b

25. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Hondo Ohnaka get's my vote. The real Savage died when Maul came back.........

Bo-Katan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.